Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

After completing the final mission I was blown away by all the people with quest exclamations over their head! Was expecting the end game content to be nuts! I was sorely disappointed :(

Gonna wait it out for the PC release to give the game another go plus the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Finally got to play some more and make some progress. Made it down to the Rotten Vale now, and on my first sojurn there took out both the Radobaan (Looks more intimidating than it actually was!) and the Great Girros. The quest had said to just 'sight' the Great Girros, but decided to try my luck at it, which paid off nicely! Still solo-ing most missions, but have started trying to join in SOS flared missions to help out, and sent up one flare of my own just to try it out (and get that trophy) when I was hunting the Paolumu. More fun than I expected it to be, and that's without any voice chat!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Star Lord wrote: »
    Finally got to play some more and make some progress. Made it down to the Rotten Vale now, and on my first sojurn there took out both the Radobaan (Looks more intimidating than it actually was!) and the Great Girros. The quest had said to just 'sight' the Great Girros, but decided to try my luck at it, which paid off nicely! Still solo-ing most missions, but have started trying to join in SOS flared missions to help out, and sent up one flare of my own just to try it out (and get that trophy) when I was hunting the Paolumu. More fun than I expected it to be, and that's without any voice chat!

I agree with you, Radobaan was more scary looking then hard. I do like him, its really cool looking monster and I love how you break bits off him.
    In fact, I really love that in MHW you visually see damage you did to monster. Was mopping up my 7 star quests and had to fight Legiana in Arena. By the time I was done with it, poor thing looked very battered.

Okay lads, I just did a 9 star quests to kill 2xpurple Bazels. I hate that monster with passion and fighting two of them like that was so annoying. After that fight I dont have anymore quests. Is it only investigations from that point?

So far I got 80h+ and 150 hunts only with lance, zero counter on all other weapons. :) Soloed all content apart a few events and responding to few sos signals.
    If there is no progression apart investigations and tempered stuff I might go and play with other weapons. Really would like to try ranged weapons as they are actually usable now. Thing is, I am almost tempted to make new character for ranged only. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

PANTS.... WERE... SH@T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A QUEST REQUIRING 16 HUNTERS, 4 GROUPS OF 4, ALL FOR THE ONE MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Full details: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2018/04/17/monster-hunter-world-expands-with-new-elder-dragon-kulve-taroth-new-limited-time-quest-type

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCITEMENT LEVEL OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The new map where the siege battle versus Kulve Taroth is called The Caverns of El Dorada.

Some quality of life changes with the upcoming patch, the ones I think are the most useful/important in my own opinion, I'll link the full list at the end along with the bug fixes:

- You can now increase the HUD/help text size.
    - You can now SORT investigations. Frickin' fantastic.
    - That annoying scoutfly 'neck snap' at the start of quests/returning to camp mid hunt has now been fixed, HALLE-FRICKIN-LUJAH!
    - Ivy now farmable at the Botanical centre
    - Tempered monsters (and ONLY tempered monsters) will gradually become completely immune to flash pods after multiple uses, effectiveness will decrease until they become fully immune.
    - All tiers of tempered monsters now have better special rewards (tier 1 will give warped feystones; tier 2 will give shining streamstones; and tier 3 will have produce shining streamstones more frequently. Bloody fantabulous!

Full list and bug fixes, along with a preview of Kulve Taroth's armour and some weapons: http://www.monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

jaxxx wrote: »
    Tempered monsters (and ONLY tempered monsters) will gradually become completely immune to flash mods after multiple uses, effectiveness will decrease until they become fully immune.

:(

The 'neck snap' is at the very start :D

Brilliant channel for funny MH content, every video makes me laugh my head off.

Rob2D wrote: »
    :(

Undoubtedly you can blame all the flyers for that, Teostra and Kushala in particular.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T PLAY ONLINE! TRYING TO GET SOME COINS FOR THE ARENA LS AND I'M PLAYING WITH THIS DUAL SWORDS GUY WHO KEEPS ATTACKING THE HEAD WHEN THE MONSTER IS DOWN WHILE I'M TRYING TO KNOCK THE F*CKING THING OUT WITH MY HAMMER AND THIS B@ST@RD KEEPS TRIPPING ME AND I CAN'T GET A SINGLE ATTACK IN! IDIOT!

[breath in... and out... in... out...]

So one Ura tempered quest. Did it 2 times and could not believe that all purple rewards are decorations! Only one useful I got was minds eye.
    After I did few expeditions and got temp Barroth investigation. Which is fine and piss easy. After that got feck all. Even finding those tracks to get temp investigations is pain in a hole.

Really want to start some lbg hunting, but there are so much stuff I dont even know which weapon to make.
    Dont really want to watch build videos as those focus way too heavy on decorations and it spoils the fun of experimenting of making your own sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Well... Bottom of The Rotten Vale, and met ythe beauty contest winner, Orodogan... It got me bleeding a couple of times, and fainted twice. Finally nailed it with 1 minute to go. But in fairness, I wasted about 30 minutes just exploring the Rotten Vale before even meeting it! Wasn't prepared for the bleeding effect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Star Lord wrote: »
    Well... Bottom of The Rotten Vale, and met ythe beauty contest winner, Orodogan... It got me bleeding a couple of times, and fainted twice. Finally nailed it with 1 minute to go. But in fairness, I wasted about 30 minutes just exploring the Rotten Vale before even meeting it! Wasn't prepared for the bleeding effect!!!

Astra jerky meat stops the bleeding, if you have none put away your weapon and stand still and crouch on the spot and it stops the bleeding effect.

So hows event going for you lads?

I have to say I am still puzzled how is it 4 groups connected to work on it, as it looks like get 4 people and off you go.
    I like it so far. As a lancer I died once or twice and one of of them was due to lag. Everything was teleporting and seconds later I am dead.

The weapons that drop look very decent, but are they randomised? I got rank 8 lance with sleep... couldn't be more useless if it tried.
    Set looks very good and does tie in with weapons. And of course not a single gem droped so far and you need two to make that set. Balls... at least I got one of each other elder dragon gems.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Astra jerky meat stops the bleeding, if you have none put away your weapon and stand still and crouch on the spot and it stops the bleeding effect.

Much better than the way you stopped bleeding from goddamn Seregios, you had to eat a well done steak every time!!
    So hows event going for you lads?

I have to say I am still puzzled how is it 4 groups connected to work on it, as it looks like get 4 people and off you go.
    I like it so far. As a lancer I died once or twice and one of of them was due to lag. Everything was teleporting and seconds later I am dead.

The weapons that drop look very decent, but are they randomised? I got rank 8 lance with sleep... couldn't be more useless if it tried.
    Set looks very good and does tie in with weapons. And of course not a single gem droped so far and you need two to make that set. Balls... at least I got one of each other elder dragon gems.

I'm downloading it now. The way i think it works is that the 16 players from a gathering hall contribute towards the research level together by collecting tracks/etc. I'll see more soon. You only hunt with 3 others that you can see I think as usual. But there are more hunting at the same time? I'm really not sure at all. I'm heading in there now.

Done 3, failed twice. BRING LIFEPOWDERS, I cannot stress that enough. Those two failed quests could have easily been salvaged had more people brought lifepowders. I've unlocked her armour, still no sign of her weaponry which means I have yet to collect most of her drops. Critical boost 2 from her alpha Mail, nice! Interesting hunt. I've only gotten to stage 4 thus far.

As for how the 16 hunters goes, I think I've figured it out. Obviously there's no 16 player hunt now unfortunately, but as I see it anytime a group of 4 in a siege in that specific gathering hub, all players in that gathering hub benefit from the increased research from breaking parts/etc, not just the 4 in the hunt.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Done 3, failed twice. BRING LIFEPOWDERS, I cannot stress that enough. Those two failed quests could have easily been salvaged had more people brought lifepowders. I've unlocked her armour, still no sign of her weaponry which means I have yet to collect most of her drops. Critical boost 2 from her alpha Mail, nice! Interesting hunt. I've only gotten to stage 4 thus far.

As for how the 16 hunters goes, I think I've figured it out. Obviously there's no 16 player hunt now unfortunately, but as I see it anytime a group of 4 in a siege in that specific gathering hub, all players in that gathering hub benefit from the increased research from breaking parts/etc, not just the 4 in the hunt.

So I played this event today... a lot... and if anyone will come to me with a golden ring, bracelet or a chain I will shove it so deep up their arse, they wont even know what hit them!!!

So it is pretty much a whole lobby room effort. There are 6 levels of research, with each level, you increase time you fight it and make it easier to break parts.

Used lance and LBG for hunts, did freaking loads of them and failed or monster ****ed off for about 75%. Have over 120 scales and over 40 of other parts, but only 1 gem ffs.

The fight is really annoying now as your major goal is to destroy horns. If you melee, then you are really ****ed. Unless you got good bow or lbg user.

Weapons are very interesting. I got maybe 6 rank 8 weapons and a bunch of 7. They actually will work amazing with the set this Kurwa drops.

This is my first proper experience playing online with others. I habe to say - some people are ****ing thick.

Wow, people sure do die a lot on this. All you have to do is watch out for the lava, it's not rocket science.

Used my big horn to try keep people alive. It's also good for breaking.

My first success was a maxed out level 17 rewards. And then 2 more at lvl15 I think. Got a 30+ weapons. Only one longsword though FFS.

**** you Earl, **** you buddy. I had a bit over an hour before work today and tried to do event. Got party rolling and mister GS Earl hr140 carted 3 times. Then we went in to it again, giving Earl a chance again, we all have bad days. So Earl carted twice again and on final section, after we did so much damage to horns, Earl carted third time. At that point I said **** it and had no time anymore.
    Other party member had a facepalm moment too. So over an hour effort with **** all to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So im guessing you need PS+ to fight Kulve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

**** you Earl, **** you buddy. I had a bit over an hour before work today and tried to do event. Got party rolling and mister GS Earl hr140 carted 3 times. Then we went in to it again, giving Earl a chance again, we all have bad days. So Earl carted twice again and on final section, after we did so much damage to horns, Earl carted third time. At that point I said **** it and had no time anymore.
    Other party member had a facepalm moment too. So over an hour effort with **** all to show for it.

****ing hell 140 HR!!

I’m only 12 HR after 40 hours of play. I must be doing something seriously wrong.

Oh I've been there. Funnily enough I carted twice in my first Kulve quest but we got through it (was part 1, not part 2). Then the following 2 quests I don't cart, everyone else does...... no luck.
    So im guessing you need PS+ to fight Kulve?

I've read that it can be done solo, but it takes a lot longer.
    ****ing hell 140 HR!!

I’m only 12 HR after 40 hours of play. I must be doing something seriously wrong.

Some have reached HR999 already. They did that by literally grinding for days the dual tempered P.Rathian/Legiana event quest which is the best quest for XP. Haven't come across any 999's myself online but I've seen them in videos and guides online. I'm HR 108.... I think. Around 108 anyway.

Weekly bounties are back which means those golden tickets are back. Good thing too cos I need some gems.

I played with a guy last week who was HR856.

Mental.

Rob2D wrote: »
    I played with a guy last week who was HR856.

Mental.

Wtf!! That is crazy.

Do you level up more when the story piece is finished?

I think I’m just past quest 6 which is about half way through the game from what I’ve read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Wtf!! That is crazy.

Do you level up more when the story piece is finished?

I think I’m just past quest 6 which is about half way through the game from what I’ve read.

Yeah your HR jumps up quite a good bit when you finish the game, dont worry about your HR. Just build your gear/weapons and slay them beasts. Worry about HR after the credits roll.

I'm not feeling very bothered about fighting Kulve. I'm just like, "meh". We already have 1 elder dragon that we can't kill (and is THE SINGLE most boring quest in Monster Hunter history), considering the main goal is to break Kulve's horns, it just seems very bland to me. She's a cool looking monsters and the map looks neat too, but I'm really not at all interested in fighting it much. Elder dragons aside, I'm able to kill pretty much everything is 4 minutes or less now and not even all my weapons are augmented (far from it, I keep getting streamstones for weapons I don't use!!). Until Alatreon, et.al are released, I don't think I'll be playing much of it.

Oh sweet jaysus on bicycle. I managed to play some today after work. Needed that second gem from that golden member! Guess what? It dropped!!!

I have right now:

201 scale
    118 shells
    229 Nuggets
    69 spiral horns gigidi
    45 Tailshells
    2 fecking gems!!!!

I can make full set now. Pretty sure I will mix up alfa and beta parts. Not sure I am able to farm 2 more gems without screaming!

On the positive side I hunted pretty much with same people all night and we were wrecking stuff. Really good group and everyone knew what they are doing. Was such a welcome sight.

I kind of agree with jaxxx. I am not a fan of these non killable elder dragons with set scenario. Much prefer stuff like Devil jho. A monster that goes in to roaster and we can meet anywhere. Elder dragons like this just not very satisfying to hunt. Specially if you are a solo hunter like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

This game is driving me to the brink of insanity, seriously thinking of trading it in.

The online portion of this game is just ridiculously broken for me (and alot of other apparently) I cannot get online to join any session since game has been launched, errors constantly no matter how many times I try. And if I do get in trying to answer an S.O.S its the same ****e......

If I try 20 times to get into a online session it will work once, and if I leave it I am fcuked again. Really really annoying and the reason why I am struggling to rank up over 100 (currently 93) just cant be arsed with the hassle playing. So unless the lads I am friends with are all in a clan session the game is useless to me really.

All my other games are perfect online with no issues with anything other then this.....

Got to play quest 7 last night Pink Rathian and boy is she tough.

Tried 3 time and failed 3 times. Felt close on 2 occasions.

I sent the SoS 3 times and nobody showed.

The matchmaking never works, ie nobody joins pre quest. Destiny gets a lot of abuse but when you go into a Strike it matches you with two other similar ranked players pretty quickly.

And the SoS works sometimes. Its very hit and miss. This quest is case in point. Three SoS calls and no replies whereas theyve worked other times.
    Theyd have been different player lists as well as they werent all in the same night.

Looking forward to finally killing this monster all the same. The difficulty is tough but fair most of the time which gives a great sense of achievement when you do finally kill them!

• Advertisement

You see the people who are looking at SOS's aren't trying to find a 7star pink rathian. It's not worth anyone's time at this stage.

Once you get to the end game you can SOS all day.

Advertisement