Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gonna take a wild guess, but, is
    Nergigante the Admiral?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Gonna take a wild guess, but, is
    Nergigante the Admiral?

GEdPfpk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Going to try this, bought it a while ago but have only done the intro. It's a little overwhelming tbh. I've no patience for trying different weapons and will just jump on with the short sword and shield which seems to be beginner friendly. One thing that that's been putting me off is the time limit attaching to hunts, what happens if you run out of time, just spawn back at camp? Presumably the time limit is overly generous.
    This makes a lot more sense in the right thread

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Going to try this, bought it a while ago but have only done the intro. It's a little overwhelming tbh. I've no patience for trying different weapons and will just jump on with the short sword and shield which seems to be beginner friendly. One thing that that's been putting me off is the time limit attaching to hunts, what happens if you run out of time, just spawn back at camp? Presumably the time limit is overly generous.
    This makes a lot more sense in the right thread

Yeah the majority (possibly all) of the main and optional missions are 50mins, which is plenty of time for a hunt, even if you've to kill 2 monsters, if you've to kill 3, then you could possibly end up cutting it close.

The investigations can be as short as 10-15mins, but the shorter usually means better rewards.

But yeah if you run out of time you fail the mission and need to redo it to complete it.

Is there any way to stop Bazelgeuse from dropping in on fights? hes doing my head in, always pops in when im finishing off my prey and makes skinning a mare, missed out on some mats cause he wont **** off :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Killed Nergigante... omfg the most stressful 25 minutes of my entire life!

First attempt: the b*st*rd carted me early and more people actually showed up. I obviously had made the room non-private which I didn't want as I wanted to solo the demon b*st*rd the first time. Anyways turns out 2 of said people carted so bye bye.

Second attempt: just me and my palico Cha-Cha. Took about 15 minutes for me to exhaust all my mega potions. The b*st*rd started limping around the 17 minute mark. By this stage I had 1 max potion, 5 normal potions, 2 lifepowders left. Around 22 minutes the f*ck*r carted me! 3 minutes later I hear that glorious music!

And now I've learned I've 3 more elder dragons I'm gonna have to deal with! Grrr. Gonna farm Rathalos armour first cos I want Mind's Eye, so many times during the fight with Nergagante I got pummelled after my sword bounced off his f*ck*ng horns! Mind's Eye used to be a skill available on multiple armour sets but unless it's in one of the later ones, it ain't available except on full Rathalos armour.
    Nergagante's armour though... omfg it is actually orgasmic. Has to be the most badass armour set I've ever seen since I started playing the franchise all them years back! I WANT IT!!!

Is there any way to stop Bazelgeuse from dropping in on fights? hes doing my head in, always pops in when im finishing off my prey and makes skinning a mare, missed out on some mats cause he wont **** off :mad:

Use a dung pod from your slinger and shoot it at it. They used to be called dung bombs. When used they monster that's hit will leave the area. Now it may take a while for it to leave, and then it may leave immediately. First time I saw it I nearly sh*t myself. It's terrifying. I've yet to actually hunt one but I'm taking my time with things.

Yeah i dont wanna be flinging dung at him constantly, he literally drops in numerous times on EVERY fight. Without fail..

Yeah i dont wanna be flinging dung at him constantly, he literally drops in numerous times on EVERY fight. Without fail..

Option 2: Hide in the bushes or throw on the ghille mantle and watch them fight it out.

:pac:

jaxxx wrote: »
    Option 2: Hide in the bushes or throw on the ghille mantle and watch them fight it out.

:pac:

Yeah i have no choice in doing that, its just getting really annoying as its happening literally every time, i just had Odogaron hunt there and he was there for literally the whole fight. Its taking away from the joy tbh

• Advertisement

I think Bazelgeuse is great to be honest! Just be in the middle of a fight and he would fly in a carpet bomb the **** out of both you and your quarry. Gives him some personality and notoriety which i like. The other day i was hunting a Diablos and he ran back to his lair (the area with the sand water falls) and Bagelgoose actually managed to appear down there from behind the sandfalls. Was nuts

Have yet to hunt one yet but he seems very slow when he isn't airborne. But he hits like a truck

I think Bazelgeuse is great to be honest! Just be in the middle of a fight and he would fly in a carpet bomb the **** out of both you and your quarry. Gives him some personality and notoriety which i like. The other day i was hunting a Diablos and he ran back to his lair (the area with the sand water falls) and Bagelgoose actually managed to appear down there from behind the sandfalls. Was nuts

Have yet to hunt one yet but he seems very slow when he isn't airborne. But he hits like a truck

Yeah i agree and i wouldnt mind if he done it every now and again, but to be doing it multiple times in every fight is a bit much..The annoying thing is if i broke off to kill him he would just fly away and eventually leave the zone before i kill him, which just makes him nothing more than an annoyance :rolleyes:

This morning i learned that i can run while using consumables!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Tried this yesterday for a bit. Think it's really got potential. The combat seems very counter intuitive - I kept sheathing the sword, wasn't sure I was dodging effectively and attacks were more button mashing than anything which isn't going to help later on. Still I may just need practice. I might look at a ranged weapon instead. 2 hours-ish and it flew by.
    The lobby was quite disconcerting with people abruptly making animal noises, haven't found the mute button, so many options.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Tried this yesterday for a bit. Think it's really got potential. The combat seems very counter intuitive - I kept sheathing the sword, wasn't sure I was dodging effectively and attacks were more button mashing than anything which isn't going to help later on. Still I may just need practice. I might look at a ranged weapon instead. 2 hours-ish and it flew by.
    The lobby was quite disconcerting with people abruptly making animal noises, haven't found the mute button, so many options.

if you go into the options menu you can find a setting some where to turn auto sheath off, i prefer this. I have the target setting for large monsters only but i dont use the targeting much once you get the feel for the weapons you dont really need it. Also i think the mute button is under eh community-players or some **** in the options i wish i could mute all by default the random **** i hear :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Came up against Tobi-Kadachi last night. Mullered me right quick. Think it's the first proper "Need to farm" wall. Couldn't get anywhere against him. Might have to move him to more open ground, as that jump from tree attack is painful.
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    Also i think the mute button is under eh community-players or some **** in the options i wish i could mute all by default the random **** i hear :D:D

The most I've heard from the lobby is cough's, snorts, and background conversations. Nothing too off putting just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Came up against Tobi-Kadachi last night. Mullered me right quick. Think it's the first proper "Need to farm" wall. Couldn't get anywhere against him. Might have to move him to more open ground, as that jump from tree attack is painful.

I hit the exact same wall when I came up against that prick.

I kitted my palico out in his **** as a display of my hatred for the ****.

Look Tobi, I kicked your ass and dressed my cat in your clobber! How you like me now!!

..... I may have to gotten to involved in this game.

I found the small weapons i tried were more button mashy inducing, the bigger weapons are more aim and slam. I'm using the greatsword the last few days and loving it, theres just something about dodging a dragons fire breath and slamming a giant sword on his head sending in him rolling back into curled crying mess on the ground for you to unleash on his head some more..

I spent AGES yesterday grinding the mats for the odogorn set, getting that final mat took so many runs, the odogron gem. And Bazelgeuse is now top of my kill list, im going to take great pleasure is smashing his face in :mad:

IM COMIN FOR JOU BAZELBOZO!!!!! :mad::pac:

Had a great scrap with a Diablos, Black Diablos and everyone's favourite troll Bagelgoose. My investigation was the hunt the two Diablos and all 3 of them where in every fight, it was amazing. I did the investigation twice and in both hunts the two Diablos had turf wars. What was great was that the black one won the duel the first time, then the reg Diablos won the second! I figured the higher predator would always win the duel. I wonder if it's possible in other situations

I also did a 3 monster hint in the Coral Highlands for a Legia, Odo and a Tzitzi. I did the whole hunt in 8 minutes or so. I'm curious do multiple monster hunts make them weaker with lower HP pools? I used a 6 rarity Queen Rose SnS. I killed the Odo and Tzitzi where I found them and the Legia in his second location after he ran once. Doesn't seem right...normally the Odo will roar to stun you then leg it....

Odd alright, i also find when doing capture missions, the monster hits twice as hard from the get go, could have just seemed that way though, but monsters i usually breeze through wrecked me when doing capture versions, i had to approach with more caution i found :confused:

And i absolutely wrecked Bazelgeuse, i had to take my time, as due to his bombs and attack pattern, i felt i had to give him a wide birth alota the time, like Diablos.. It felt good finishing him off with a well placed charged lightning axe to the head for 400+ damage :D:cool:

• Advertisement

Ugh, im finding the game just tedious now. Seems every fight is just a gangbang of 2-3 monsters, constantly, and watching them duke it out is boring, the ****ers spend most of the time missing each other and screaming, but no problem suddenly changing target to me and chain spanking me to feint.

I had a rathalos+ there, kicking the living **** out of him, but rathian and anjarex just kept showing up, and i got feinted twice, total unlucky ****. then i have rathalos limping away to his nest, i go up, and of course rathian is there, wakes ratha up, i sling poo at rathian who flys off... only to return 20 seconds later and then smacked to stun and then another feint failing the mission.

Is this it for the game now? constant running/hiding from fights until the fight intruders **** off? (Which takes ages, and they just show back up anyway) :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rathian is some langer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ugh, im finding the game just tedious now. Seems every fight is just a gangbang of 2-3 monsters, constantly, and watching them duke it out is boring, the ****ers spend most of the time missing each other and screaming, but no problem suddenly changing target to me and chain spanking me to feint.

I had a rathalos+ there, kicking the living **** out of him, but rathian and anjarex just kept showing up, and i got feinted twice, total unlucky ****. then i have rathalos limping away to his nest, i go up, and of course rathian is there, wakes ratha up, i sling poo at rathian who flys off... only to return 20 seconds later and then smacked to stun and then another feint failing the mission.

Is this it for the game now? constant running/hiding from fights until the fight intruders **** off? (Which takes ages, and they just show back up anyway) :rolleyes:

Are you still without internet? its way more fun playing with other people imo, I don't play solo anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lads how do I move my materials to my pouch. I seem to have all of these in the attachment when I look at the sell part but not when I go manage. Thanks

How long did you guys take to solo Nergigante? Cos I'm after watching a video of a guy solo-ing it in 1:54! Granted he has very end game stuff but less than 2 minutes solo come on!!

Are you still without internet? its way more fun playing with other people imo, I don't play solo anymore.

Yeah wont have internet until March, not sure if thats the beginning or end of March either :( Moved into a new house, eir have been pricking us about pushing the install dates back :(

Its only gonna be about 10megs anyway, I miss me super fast virgin :mad:

Well those elder dragons where total pushovers. Nergigante and Azure Rath are the two hardest monsters in the game.

Maybe it's time to play online. See if other people carting will up the challenge :)

Lads how do I move my materials to my pouch. I seem to have all of these in the attachment when I look at the sell part but not when I go manage. Thanks

You cant, you dont need to, they are for crafting or for selling..

Just killed Azure, hes pretty easy, same as all the other raths, just a bit more armoured. No escaping from me this time with bull**** zoning >=)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

The latest monster I've killed is Paolumu. And I've taken down a few Rathians.
    Anjanath is still giving me all sorts of trouble when I'm grinding or in co-op. Anyone else find that?

• Advertisement

derfderf wrote: »
    The latest monster I've killed is Paolumu. And I've taken down a few Rathians.
    Anjanath is still giving me all sorts of trouble when I'm grinding or in co-op. Anyone else find that?

What weapon ya using? i tend to just roll out when he charges and come in at his legs from the sides. You can also get a good few hits in rolling between his legs, he will either try and hit you with his tail or charge out, missing you more often than not when he does either, just stay centered.

If you're using a heavy hitting weapon, just side step him when he centers on you and swing at his head from an angle, he you will most likely stun him or knock him on his ass with a hard hit.

I'm using the greatsword and i just wreck him with headshots, lop off his tail if he turns his back on me, and when near any ledge always try position him so you can do a quick climb and jump onto him for some stabbies and finisher. I do that with any monster though..

oh and another great attack i love using, if on a hill surface, gain the higher ground and run into a slide at the monster and hit the triangle for a bad ass looking upper cut to slam attack. does good damage..looks great to :cool:

Advertisement