Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Finding all the information overwhelming. I went out on my third hunt. Was chasing after the monster, slashing it to bits with dual blades when another huge thing comes along and starts fighting with it. Then another of the same monsters goes after it as well. Deadly. I'd say I'll really like this game once I get me head around the crafting, armour weapons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finding all the information overwhelming. I went out on my third hunt. Was chasing after the monster, slashing it to bits with dual blades when another huge thing comes along and starts fighting with it. Then another of the same monsters goes after it as well. Deadly. I'd say I'll really like this game once I get me head around the crafting, armour weapons etc.

The game does indeed have information overload at the beginning but eventually it all starts to sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

To simplify it for you, every monster gives mats to its own unique armour set. and theres a few which can be crafted from ores/bones. And some monsters, only the small weak ones so far, dont offer a recipe for an entire set.

Same with the weapons mostly, the monsters will unlock a weapon tree upgrade for each weapon, to an extent, they mix and match the mats required more here..

Thanks that helps. I'll have a chance to play around with everything the weekend. The Yuka Lay Ku (or something) is the cutest thing I've seen in ages ha. I keep bumping into Jagras when I'm out exploring. I'm switching off now, I was supposed to do so 1.5 hours ago but a new monster kept passing me so I'd go after it for research purposes. Agree with earlier comments that it's a "just one more" game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

!^ " ^(&(£"?>@~@~}{}{}:@>:£_)"£!*(&£*&"!¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's, the rant over with... (hunting a Rathian online, one guy double carts... then I lose connection. No biggie I says cos she's limping... get to lair, tail refuses to come off, she poisons me, thus stunning me, thus taking me to very low health, I try get away to help, stupid cat follows me, I get burned by the b*tches fireball, STUNNED AGAIN and die to a f*cking tail whip!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rage quit followed... obviously.

I HATE THIS GAME!

Pro: It's nice to be able to move and consume an item (e.g. potion) now.
    Con: Any interruption once you've drank the thing and you lose whatever benefits it would have given you while consuming the bloody thing in the process!

Pro: Much easier to choose armour skills now, allowing nice mix up of different armours.
    Con: IT'S TOO BLOODY EASY TO HAVE SKILLS NOW, WHEREAS BEFORE YOU HAD TO PUT A DECENT BIT OF THOUGHT INTO MATCHING DIFFERENT ARMOURS AND ACTIVATING OTHER SKILLS!!!!!!!!!

Pro: It's nice having a map that shows you exactly where every resource is...
    Con: THE BLOODY MAP ZOOM IS PURE SH*T THAT YOU'D BARELY BE ABLE TO DISTINGUISH GODZILLA FROM A CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!

Ok now the rant is over... for now.

Oh one more thing: THERE IS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH MINING SPOTS IN EACH AREA!

Now, maybe, perhaps the rant is... over.

[to be continued]

• Advertisement

jaxxx wrote: »

Oh one more thing: THERE IS NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH MINING SPOTS IN EACH AREA!

Ahhhh but they always spawn in the same locations and they respawn...... i think... Yeah they do!

I downed the kirin a short while ago, bloody long ass fight, mainly cause the ****er gallops to the other side of the area while you're in mid swing..

I have 3 long swords on the go now, one fire, one lightning and the last is ice..

Now to tackle Diablos, pray for nix!

nix wrote: »
    Ahhhh but they always spawn in the same locations and they respawn...... i think... Yeah they do!

I downed the kirin a short while ago, bloody long ass fight, mainly cause the ****er gallops to the other side of the area while you're in mid swing..

I have 3 long swords on the go now, one fire, one lightning and the last is ice..

Now to tackle Diablos, pray for nix!

Diablos ain't too bad really. Except for it's roar which makes your brain bleed and it's tail that can hit you from all the way across the map!!!!!!!!!

Slight... slight exaggeration there... ever so slight...

Aint too bad my ass, every movement he makes is an attack and he takes up all of the screen. Killed him anyway, skin of my teeth, first time ive ended without any healing pots left, dont wanna be fighting him again anytime soon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Stupid question time.

I was looking at my inventory last night and saw I have a load of materials, some of which might be useful for gear and then there’s a few vouchers etc.

I can only see them when I go into the sell option and tab to the right twice.

When I go into manage items I can see them.

I was assuming I could go into manage items, tab to the right and then move to my pouch or whatever so I could use them.

Am I missing something incredibly obvious here??

I wasn’t selling stuff at the start as I was afraid I’d sell something useful which is why these have built up I’d say.

Thanks!

Ps, still loving this game. 18 or so hours in at this point and doing exhibitions to level up. Got all my Bardot’s armoir at last. My palico is a Tobi Katchi wannabe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Aint too bad my ass, every movement he makes is an attack and he takes up all of the screen. Killed him anyway, skin of my teeth, first time ive ended without any healing pots left, dont wanna be fighting him again anytime soon :(

The Diablos decided to pop in and say hello when I was doing the Barroth fight right at the start. One shot me.

• Advertisement

Rathian and rathalos at the same time? Easy! though they did chain stun me and made me feint.

Heh i had the rathalos wrecked first and when he went for his nap, i ran up to put bombs around him, but alas, rathian was watching him slumber, so i said feck it ill try do it quick. Ran up threw the large bomb down then was flicking through the menu to get the timed bomb and rathian shoots a fireball at me, i dodge and it hits the barrel wrecking rathalos..

And before that i kicked the crap out of rathalos and he flew off, he then proceeded dodging me flying about the map for ages, making me run all over the place, he makes me climb all the way back to the top of the forest again, only to fly all the way back to the bottom to the dark wooded area when i caught up, the fireflys lead me to the end of a branch, which leads you all the way to that wooded area when you jump off, over a hundred foot drop, anyway mid jump down i realise he could be right under me when i land, so i hit triangle and i land driving my sword directly into his head and latch on stabbing the crap out of him and then long sword combo'd him, he flew off again immediately, lol

Most enjoyable yet, rathian kept flying in, but not by coincidence or to attack the rathalos, to gang up on me, i dont think those two are enemies, which is pretty cool, not all the same AI :D

Gimme those two over Diablos any day of the week :P

Rathian and rathalos at the same time? Easy! though they did chain stun me and made me feint.

Heh i had the rathalos wrecked first and when he went for his nap, i ran up to put bombs around him, but alas, rathian was watching him slumber, so i said feck it ill try do it quick. Ran up threw the large bomb down then was flicking through the menu to get the timed bomb and rathian shoots a fireball at me, i dodge and it hits the barrel wrecking rathalos..

And before that i kicked the crap out of rathalos and he flew off, he then proceeded dodging me flying about the map for ages, making me run all over the place, he makes me climb all the way back to the top of the forest again, only to fly all the way back to the bottom to the dark wooded area when i caught up, the fireflys lead me to the end of a branch, which leads you all the way to that wooded area when you jump off, over a hundred foot drop, anyway mid jump down i realise he could be right under me when i land, so i hit triangle and i land driving my sword directly into his head and latch on stabbing the crap out of him and then long sword combo'd him, he flew off again immediately, lol

Most enjoyable yet, rathian kept flying in, but not by coincidence or to attack the rathalos, to gang up on me, i dont think those two are enemies, which is pretty cool, not all the same AI :D

Gimme those two over Diablos any day of the week :P

I really enjoyed that fight also, it think its an optional quest called "Power Couple" or something. And yeah, the Rathian is female and the male Rathalos is its mate. You can use Dung pods to hit a monster to make it flee. So everytime the otherone showed up i pelted it with ****e

On another note, Diablos was easy :P But i fought it with a gun which i don't use anymore. I have a quest to fight a Black Diablos now, so gonna tackle him with the Gunlance :D

I was wondering what the poo done, i might start carrying some around, though my pockets are getting full, hoping theres a quest to make the bag bigger :pac:

And yeah im using the long sword at the moment, i just love the move set, but i was running 80% of the time in the diablos fight to dodge his charge and then his OP burrow to uppercut move, hard to keep close range to do any damage :(

I should tinker with the range weapons, see which i like, only used the heavy gun so far which was just too slow for me to bear :pac:

I really enjoyed that fight also, it think its an optional quest called "Power Couple" or something. And yeah, the Rathian is female and the male Rathalos is its mate. You can use Dung pods to hit a monster to make it flee. So everytime the otherone showed up i pelted it with ****e

On another note, Diablos was easy :P But i fought it with a gun which i don't use anymore. I have a quest to fight a Black Diablos now, so gonna tackle him with the Gunlance :D

Black Diablos are female only... and they're in heat. Hehe

Oh ma God my heart is pounding. Just took on the Pukei Pukei. Fainted twice. Nearly ran out of time then. At one point I'm baiting it and a Great Jagras gets stuck into it then another time I was fighting it and some other thing started breathing fire and killed me. Finally got it on final attempt with one minute to spare. Whoosh. Was definitely first difficult fight I've encountered, first time I fainted anyway and did so twice.

Oh ma God my heart is pounding. Just took on the Pukei Pukei. Fainted twice. Nearly ran out of time then. At one point I'm baiting it and a Great Jagras gets stuck into it then another time I was fighting it and some other thing started breathing fire and killed me. Finally got it on final attempt with one minute to spare. Whoosh. Was definitely first difficult fight I've encountered, first time I fainted anyway and did so twice.

Moments of triumph like this against the odds is what makes games like this great. It's why Dark Souls is so amazing imo. Apart from the amazing lore, atmosphere and gameplay.

I'm up as far as Nergigante in HR now and I figured it's time to farm up better gear than the rags I have on. Fashion Hunter World. More concerned with how I look than the actual stats on the weapon and gear haha.

Went with Rathian for now and Tobi gunlance. Not sure how good the lance is yet, but it looks like a railgun so im sold

Got myself the Zorah magda crafted long sword, The Magda Facultas. It does blast damage, figured id test it out on the Great Jagras+. Good damage, every few swings it explodes and does damage to each body part the explosion hits, pretty sick looking.

I'm not sure if it was the weapon itself or if i just caught the jagras mid leap/lunge but the explosion procced and he went flying across the screen, like a superman punch :eek:

I'll be rocking this for awhile :D

Today was a good day.

Great Girros: REKT
    Radobaan: ULTRA REKT
    Legiana: REKT (despite the f*ckin' thing scaring the sh*t outta me)
    Odogaron: SEMI-REKT (damn bleed effect)

So all was going well. Then I had to find the wyvernian person to advance the story of Zorah Magdaros' disappearance. Stubled upon my oldest of buddies Rathalos... now at this stage before I even met the wyvernian I just KNEW that I had to hunt Rathalos. And of course I was right! So...

Rathalos: REKT ME!

Well... rekt me so far as to say that he kicked my ars* between the trees and vines of the forest, nearly exhausting my supply of antidotes and bringing me down to what I can assume was less than 5% health while being poisoned...

And yet my oldest of adversaries didn't actually make me faint once! Then I captured the b*st*rd!

For someone who has easily fought over 500 Rathalos... I got absolutely f*cked! Although I have to say, he has certainly regained his title as King of the Sky! Much more challenging than he was before, which is actually nice to see for the greatest flagship monster in MH history, dare I even say the flagship monster for the entire franchise.

In my defence... he never poisoned you before by just sitting on you! Although I found it hilarious when I went back to Astera and took a look at my prized capture to see that his tail was still cut off!!!!! HAHAHAHA. Never knew that was a thing until now, brilliant! Always assumed they would just show the tail regardless.

Diablos tomorrow. Gonna finish my Legiana LS first for it. Probably gonna farm Rathalos' armour too.

I love this game...

Speaking of Radobaan actually, I'm not sure why they made it an entirely different species and not just another subspecies of Uragaan cos its body is pretty frickin' identical, save for the spikes of course. Uragaan already has a subspecies (Steel Uragaan who I'm assuming is not in World). They look far too similar to be just 'cousin' species.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anjanata is some lánger :mad:

Anjanata is some lánger :mad:

I think you mean Anjanath :P It's not too bad really, just dodge its fire. I only fought it the once as I didn't see its armour and weapons decent enough to farm it. If you're lucky (or unlucky depending on how you see things), a Rathalos may come along and tear a few shreds out of Anjanath for ya :D

• Advertisement

Speaking of Radobaan actually, I'm not sure why they made it an entirely different species and not just another subspecies of Uragaan cos its body is pretty frickin' identical, save for the spikes of course. Uragaan already has a subspecies (Steel Uragaan who I'm assuming is not in World). They look far too similar to be just 'cousin' species.

Not sure how it went in previous games but 3 of the monsters in the 5th zone are copy pastas of other monsters, One of them being Urugaan. They have the same body types but the fights are different enough that I can't be mad at the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think you mean Anjanath :P It's not too bad really, just dodge its fire. I only fought it the once as I didn't see its armour and weapons decent enough to farm it. If you're lucky (or unlucky depending on how you see things), a Rathalos may come along and tear a few shreds out of Anjanath for ya :D

Got him in the end with help, thank god for sos flares!

Not sure how it went in previous games but 3 of the monsters in the 5th zone are copy pastas of other monsters, One of them being Urugaan. They have the same body types but the fights are different enough that I can't be mad at the game.

Uragaan has been in MH since Tri on the Wii. It was one of the very first brute wyverns, a group first introduced in Tri. The first being Barroth, then Uragaan and then the mother of all monsters, Deviljho (which we'll be getting in an upcoming DLC - be prepared to sh*t yourself!).

Radobaan has been the only one I've encountered thus far, but is so similar to Uragaan like I said that I don't know why it's an entirely different species.

Got him in the end with help, thank god for sos flares!

I've yet to send as SOS flair. Have responded to quite a few alright for monsters who I've found painful to fight solo. Got the achievement for responding to 10 SOS's I think. I'm helping! :D

I get p*ssed off with myself if any quest takes me longer than 20 minutes, though I make allowances for the amount of travel time involved. First time I fought Rathian solo: 19 minutes (getting rusty in my old age). Second time: 13 minutes. Third time: 9 minutes. Take that ya b*tch! :D

Fought the Barroth earlier. Another heart pounding battle. How do you change ammo on your slinger? I ran out of ammo but couldn't figure it out.

Holy sheet. Killed the Jyuradotus with a sliver of health and zero potions left. Really didn't think I'd make it considering I'd already fainted a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i just want one anjath fang ! and the last 2 days people keep getting killed any time i jump into a mission for it :mad: so frustrating, or we nearly have it killed and then next of all "XXX has cancelled the sos* like what the hell !!! It's so frustrating that they take so long and your time is just wasted for nothing.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i just want one anjath fang

Ha! I need one of the too, to upgrade my bone long sword :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Some strange mechanics in this game. I was fighting rathian, sticking near it's legs. It turned, and the leg movement took half my energy.
    Just getting in to the great ravine and finding the game a bit of a slog. Spent a while grinding to upgrade my switch axe to level 3 and I'm not noticing any decent increase in damage.
    I know that's kind of what it's all about, but it seems like a lot of effort for a small reward.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i just want one anjath fang ! and the last 2 days people keep getting killed any time i jump into a mission for it :mad: so frustrating, or we nearly have it killed and then next of all "XXX has cancelled the sos* like what the hell !!! It's so frustrating that they take so long and your time is just wasted for nothing.

Go kill him on your own, hes easy :P

Does anybody know how to change direction once you start swinging? I was watching a youtube vid of a guy doing long sword combos and he was able to alter the direction he was swinging alot, he was even able to change the direction his finisher landed mid leap in the air :confused:

I'm constantly trying to aim my guy but he hardly responds, i have to stop and start the combos constantly :(

• Advertisement

Go kill him on your own, hes easy :P

Does anybody know how to change direction once you start swinging? I was watching a youtube vid of a guy doing long sword combos and he was able to alter the direction he was swinging alot, he was even able to change the direction his finisher landed mid leap in the air :confused:

I'm constantly trying to aim my guy but he hardly responds, i have to stop and start the combos constantly :(

Just move your left stick to where you want it to go. Say you're in the middle of a spirit combo and the monster moves to the left before you get to the slash, just move the stick left and the spirit slash will be executed in that direction. Same goes for standard attacks as well.

Feels good to be back at high rank.

Speaking of LS spirit combos, the new spirit thrust is frickin' fantastic!

Advertisement