Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished the main storyline.

The Handler has got to be one of the most annoying, useless, grating, f**king idiots in the history of games I've played.

Now onto High Rank

How was the last boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How was the last boss?

If you're talking about
    the 2nd Zoro Magdoras
    encounter I afk'd it and had a smoke break cause it was sh!te and annoying.
    The 1st one of those encounters nearly broke my will to live. The randomers who responded to my SOS did the heavy lifting

The Handler has got to be one of the most annoying, useless, grating, f**king idiots in the history of games I've played.

Now onto High Rank

How many hours to complete the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Zorah Magdaros'
    quest has got to be the most boring Elder Dragon hunt I have ever even seen let alone played. I've seen vids of similar Elder Dragon quests from the old games going back to the PS2/PSP and even they had some depth to them. Before World the closest similar hunt I had was
    Ceadeus
    on Tri on the Wii.
    The first part of the quest was pelting it with ballistas and cannon balls but the difference here was that you had to specifically time your ballista binder shots and dragonator shots because it would attack the ship at specific times and if you didn't time the shot right, it would damage the ship and enough damage and the quest was failed. The second part of that quest you fired ballistas at it or you went out and attacked its legs with your weapons.

Hands down the biggest disappointment of the game is this quest. Though I will say at least the true final boss helps to win some points back in the game's favour and then some.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Now onto High Rank

If you're just getting to high rank you're about half way through the story 😀 enjoy

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    How many hours to complete the game?

I can only speak about myself, but I was playing with some friends and doing loads of side quests and hanging about the hub world and so on. For me it was about 30 hours. But I reckon it could be done in about 20 if you're more diligent and don't spend a boat load of time arsing about and crafting armour and stuff.
    Xyo wrote: »
    If you're just getting to high rank you're about half way through the story �� enjoy

Ah fair enough. I thought that was the end of the main story given how it played out. I know there's been talk of elder dragons though, wasn't sure if that was "main story" or "post campaign end-game"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just killed Tempered Kirin, that's the game cleared right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Oy!
    Oyyy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Oy!
    Oyyy!

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

Just killed Tempered Kirin, that's the game cleared right?

Hehe... nope!

I am soooo f*cking done trying to learn the Charge Blade! It's too complicated, way too many different combos and moves to learn! I give up! 2 days and I'm still rubbish with it. Yes I can kill things with it but at like 1.5 times the length of time it takes me usually. As awesome as the super amped element discharge is and the overwhelming feeling of badass-ery it gives you, my brain cannot perform at the speed to try and keep up with its complicated nature! ARGH! Back to me good old LS... ah LS...

Still don't have an armour set I'm happy with yet, right now I'm rocking full Nergigante just cos it looks awesome.
    Plus I have yet to fight any tempered elders and unlock augmenting... Plus I have to farm Black Diablos and I hate that whore so much! Plus I'm struggling to unlock tier 1 and 2 tempereds anyway! Plus I really want the rocksteady mantle which means fighting the tempered elders. Plus... ARGH!!!

• Advertisement

Whats the difference between the tempered monsters and the normal variants?

nix wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the tempered monsters and the normal variants?

Tempered are a lot more powerful (low rank - hit with a car -> high rank - hit with a locomotive carrying kerosene tankers -> tempered - hit with a nuke), but their HP is the same as their regular high rank counterparts. I'm assuming G-Rank isn't gonna be introduced in World, so essentially tempered monsters are gonna be World's version of G-Rank without the extra scaling health.

Current event bounty at the moment includes 5 tempered hunts. Gonna earn that golden ticket the hard way this time round guy 'n' gals!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

How drunk was I last night. I must have been crafting as that is what the smithy and his crew shout when you give them a job.

How drunk was I last night. I must have been crafting as that is what the smithy and his crew shout when you give them a job.

lol

It went completely over my head, probably because i always skip through any repeat dialogue or the crafting/cooking scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just tried Tempered Kirin again with the Gunlance (First kill was with Longsword) and my god its tough. The longsword gives so much perpetual motion the lightning bolts are easily avoided, then you have the fade slash plus the regular roll incase of emergence. With the GL i found it so hard to dodge as its dodge isn't the best, and the regular combo is 100% stationary. Good thing about the GL is the shelling penetrates its armour'd hide when its powered up.

Tempered Kirin, best fight in the game! Can't wait to unlock Temp Nergi!!!

Just tried Tempered Kirin again with the Gunlance (First kill was with Longsword) and my god its tough. The longsword gives so much perpetual motion the lightning bolts are easily avoided, then you have the fade slash plus the regular roll incase of emergence. With the GL i found it so hard to dodge as its dodge isn't the best, and the regular combo is 100% stationary. Good thing about the GL is the shelling penetrates its armour'd hide when its powered up.

Tempered Kirin, best fight in the game! Can't wait to unlock Temp Nergi!!!

Unlocking tempered quests is p*ssing me off >< Still haven't gotten a single elder tempered yet. I have 3 mantles left to collect and I'm focusing on the tier 1 and tier 2 tempereds first before I do the elders for the rocksteady mantle.

Just hunted Nergi again for the funs with my hammer and got a new personal best of 9:30. Nowhere near as fast as the speed runners but I'm happy with it. Oh it's so joyful watching that demon getting hit face pummeled, literally! Hehe. And I still have 1 or 2 armour pieces left to build for my desired hammer set, right now I have weakness exploit 3 (got so lucky and got a gem for it yesterday!), attack 7, partbreaker 3 and others, though partbreaker is only temporary, I want to eventually switch it out for handicraft.

Tomorrow I'm going to take my hammer to Kirin and kick its butt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Going to pick this game up on either Xbox One or PS later to be played on a PS Pro or XboneX

Is there any content advantages on the PS version that would make it worth taking on that platform? Are capcom more committed to the PS market?

Im predominantly Xbox normally but understood there was some 'stuff' that would be PlayStation Exclusive.

Either version is amazing Im sure.

amadablam wrote: »
    Going to pick this game up on either Xbox One or PS later to be played on a PS Pro or XboneX

Is there any content advantages on the PS version that would make it worth taking on that platform? Are capcom more committed to the PS market?

Im predominantly Xbox normally but understood there was some 'stuff' that would be PlayStation Exclusive.

Either version is amazing Im sure.

From what ive read, not sure if its still an issue. The PS version has better online population and is less buggy. If you have no interest in online play, go with whichever you want :)

But you're cooler if you go PS4 :P

Best “I just hit high rank and want some purple armour” suggestions anyone please?

From what ive read, not sure if its still an issue. The PS version has better online population and is less buggy. If you have no interest in online play, go with whichever you want :)

But you're cooler if you go PS4 :P

From what I've read, there's more of an online community on the PS4 for MH World than on the XBone, though as you've said either is fine if they have no interest in playing online.
    Best “I just hit high rank and want some purple armour” suggestions anyone please?

Even in high rank, Great Jagras is p*ss easy so as a starter high rank armour that ain't a bad way to go, though it doesn't have the best skills. That's what I did and I used it until I started farming Rathalos. Never bothered upgrading it though, saved my armour spheres for armours I'd actually use late game.

Seriously though, Great Jagras has to be the most pathetic monster I've ever hunted, it's actually nearly worse than Great Jaggi from Tri! Jesus, getting Kelbi horns is almost more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

RNG is a harsh mistress here. I've cut negrigante's tail 3 time, but only got 1 tail

So I'm conflicted as to which is the more pathetic, Great Jagras or Great Jaggi. But... even G.Jaggi didn't deserve this :D (you only need to watch the first minute). This is from MH 3 Ultimate I think, the sequel to Tri.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Beat Diablos and Rathalos yesterday, with help of course, Diablos is a prick when he goes under ground and jumps up, he one shotted me :mad: Ratholas buddy didn't show up this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Beat Diablos and Rathalos yesterday, with help of course, Diablos is a prick when he goes under ground and jumps up, he one shotted me :mad: Ratholas buddy didn't show up this time.

When he digs, shoot a screamer pod asap at the location and watch the magic, you need scream sac to craft the pods, kill those winged guys near the sandpit trap.

tonydude wrote: »
    When he digs, shoot a screamer pod asap at the location and watch the magic, you need scream sac to craft the pods, kill those winged guys near the sandpit trap.

Yup, but screamers only work when Diablos isn't enraged. Once it's in rage mode and it digs, screamers won't work until it comes out of rage mode again so you'd be wasting screamers. You can tell a monster enters rage mode when its attacks become more violent and its movement is a lot quicker, the larger ones generally roar as they enter it. Once their attacks and movement slow down again, that's generally a tell that they're out of it.

A hint for Diablos especially though is how fast it digs. If it digs quite fast then that's an obvious tell it's enraged. Once its dig speed is back to normal, its out of rage mode again.

Sephiroth is you thought normal Diablos was bad, just wait until you come across its 'in heat' variant late game :D

jaxxx wrote: »

just wait until you come across its 'in heat' variant late game :D

giphy.gif

Ok now I'm depressed. Was watching a youtube video of a Nergigante speedrun using the Charge Blade, except this was a naked run, i.e. no armour or skills, weapon only. 2 minutes 49 seconds... My best run with armour and my Diablos Shatterer II (hammer) is 9 minutes 12 seconds.

Killing Nergigante in less than 6 minutes is so satisfying :D

Ofc what's not satisfying is then getting rekt by Kirin... I HATE IT SO MUCH!

Can't get online today at all for whatever reason :(, nw error :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I've killed and captured Odogaron countless times now, no gem to be had. This game has really sucked me in now. Only thing annoying me now is the roar spam some monsters do when they're taking a beating.

Advertisement