Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Fighting a flying monster? Flash Pods are so strong against them! Against Rathian not so much because she spends so much time on the ground

Yup Flash pods. Bring flashbugs as well so you can craft more of them. Rathalos' air time in World is nuts. He's certainly earned back his mantle as 'King of the Skies'.

Speaking of nuts... I'm on a mission to slaughter Nergigante as fast as possible. My very first solo run was 25 minutes. Second solo was 13 minutes. Then the third was just under 10 minutes. All those runs (apart from the first) was using my fully upgraded Tobi-Kadachi LS. Armour set nothing impressive.

Now I've spent a few hours over the last few days watching absolute pro players obliterating the f*cker from anywhere between 1 minute 40 seconds to under 3 minutes. Absolutely insane! The most insane of these was the videos using the Charge Blade. Just watched a video tutorial on it and omg my head hurts so much... talk about complicated! But god damn the damage that that thing dishes out, jesus! Just the impact alone would make you think the ground is gonna open up cos of the sheer overwhelming force.

If anyone needs any help or anything, check out GaijinHunter and Arekkz Gaming on youtube. Their videos are frickin' amazing, everything from weapon tutorials to how to unlock certain things in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Insect glaive is easy mode

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

5 hours fighting nergrigante and still no ******* gem!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Not a fan of speed kills or speed running in general. But I watched 1 or 2 Nerg kills and they all use the rocksteady mantle. Throw it on and trade with the monster as hard as you can. Boring and not really all that skilful. Not saying I'd be able to do it just as easily with the same gear but.. ....ya know

Also an obvious tip for any newbs (like me), don't neglect your armour. I have fully upgraded Anjanath armour now, it makes the world of difference. I took Legiana down first try using 1 potion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

5 hours fighting nergrigante and still no ******* gem!!!!

Yeah the gems are a slog to farm, i done the same when grinding the Odogoron armour, took the whole evening, the good news is i have an over abundance of Odogoron mats for when needed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I don't know where to find stats on the armour which determine how it will effect the stamina or speed of my character. Does that come into it?

And does having full sets have any extra benefit?

No fat rolling in this game, speed isnt hampered with armour (thank god), all the same.. And yeah some armours have a set bonuses, press the giant PS button on the joypad (dont know what its called) when you're looking at an armour piece to bring up the bonuses of the armour. It should list the bonuses of the armour piece and then the set bonuses (if any) above that list..

Also ill add to the above. Movement and mobility with weapon drawn is based on the weapon. For example the Gunlance has a little hop dodge, and the Sword and Shield has your standard roll. Then you got Heavybow Gun which has a slower heavy roll. Then the dual blades which have the best roll in the game when you activated their special ability.

Lots of options which make all the weapons feel really unique in playstyle. Later in the game there are armour sets that give a bonus. Theres also some sets that give faster stamina recovery, but the thing with this game compared to Souls is that your weapon swings don't consume stamina, only dodging and running will

Actually the bow and the Insect Glaive consume stamina with some attacks, have yet to test all weapons so there could be more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i died to a unicorn A UNICORN !!

• Advertisement

I started with tbe Insect Glave and I love it. It wasn't perfect for every monster so I took up the bow as a secondary weapon when I need some distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Fellow Hunter here looking for some hunters, add me on psn phoniexknight. Currently lvl 41

So every investigation is pretty much you trying to hunt a Monster while Bagelgoose acts the bollox the whole time.

Quite possibly the most overwhelming game I've played in a long time.
    About 10 hours in all the same and the coop is fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Quite possibly the most overwhelming game I've played in a long time.
    About 10 hours in all the same and the coop is fun :P

same here.. so much stuff to learn and remember.. i like it mind,but i can imagine hours dissappearing very quickly.

When it all clicks, it's amazing how fast you go from, I NEED HELP, to Hold My Drink.

Grayditch wrote: »
    When it all clicks, it's amazing how fast you go from, I NEED HELP, to Hold My Drink.

hah, thats what i love about this and the soulsbornes and nioh games, you grow so much from when you start. Like you become an actual hunter.. You could actually cut a rocky montage video with each game.. :pac:

Other games you can get away with mashing buttons :)

Tried using a longsword versus Kushala just now. Once during the fight I managed to get off a red level helm splitter. Once! The R2 combo takes so long to complete that by the time I'm about to swing the last hit the Dragon has ****ed off far from me. I know fade slash into spirit combo speeds it up abit but it really wasn't helping in this fight. The fact that the meter is slowly draining really hurts it. I think on fights like this you shouldn't always push for red helmbreakers and just take them where you can find them, be they white or orange level

Tried building a full bar with the spinning back move into final R2 hit but it's pretty rough getting the timing down when you don't know the monsters movement 100%

I feel like this weapon is easy to pick up and play but has a high skill ceiling and is high risk and reward with the spinning back slash.

Also, 50 hours of using the Insect Glave before I realised that when using the ariel attack, you're pretty much mimicking the insect buzzing around the monster, chipping away at it.

First Rathlos down. One feint. Diablos next. Sounds like he'll be fun.
    Has anyone seen a full picture of the kinsect upgrade tree? I don't mind grinding, but hate when i don't even know what to look for.

• Advertisement

Diablos down without fainting

derfderf wrote: »
    Diablos down without fainting

G'wan ye good thing

G'wan ye good thing

Insect glaive. As said above, just buzz around him, he can't do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

So who else named their palico after their cat.

Yep, and made him look like him (my character is just the default). Seems a waste now he's dressed as a watcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I named mine Cha-Cha. Unless you've played previous games in the series, ya won't get it :)

Today I tried learning the charge blade... my brain hurts from trying to remember the whole list of moves and combos from the bloody thing, so much so that I've almost forgotten it all. I managed to pull off a few super amped element discharges on Diablos... that move is so satisfying to watch. I'm going to have to watch Arekkz' tutorial all over again and write down everything... I can't remember how to charge the blade! He's a youtuber btw, his videos are amazing and very helpful.

Designed him after a cat we lost last year. Didn't think it was going to be a good idea, but it has been :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

bloody anjath in rank 6+ mode bastard nearly ate me in one bite i need to upgrade my gear luckily we took it down. And that air bomber was pretty easy with the bow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Did "Tickled Pink" tonight and managed to capture Angie solo. I kinda felt like this: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Finished the main storyline.

The Handler has got to be one of the most annoying, useless, grating, f**king idiots in the history of games I've played.

Now onto High Rank

Advertisement