Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have to say the changes to the Vault oof glass make it brilliant to run. Finally got a completion in last night and going for another tonight.

Thundercrash titan does 331k damage (well I was hitting him for 331k last night), Solar Fusion nade with your 3x stack active does nearly the same damage so no more fisty fisty boss :( but OMG I have hammers to fling again :pac:

Taken from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/nkpbal/atheon_dps_tactic_for_titans_dont_sleep_on_fusion/

Yeah, I was saying this to you the other night about fusion grenades doing nonsense damage to Atheon. Didn't think it was quite that high though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah, I was saying this to you the other night about fusion grenades doing nonsense damage to Atheon. Didn't think it was quite that high though.

Yeah I watched scrubs video on it and its insane the damage it does.

I was in a somewhat similar situation to you just before Christmas, and found this video to be very helpful:

Unfortunately, I can't advise you on what to buy... all the content you mentioned there is on GamePass, so I didn't need to buy any of it.

The "Season Pass" exists outside (or alongside?) the expansions, and it's a separate purchase (<€10) to the expansions. Basically, there are now season levels; so you do the usual stuff (bounties, patrols, Strikes, ...) in game and you earn XP. Gain enough XP, get an extra level. If you don't buy the Season Pass, you'll get a reward every other level. If you do buy the Season Pass, you get (arguably better) rewards every level, up to level 100.

Some of the Season content is locked behind the Season Pass too. I'd say go to https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheSplicer , scroll down to "Rewards" and you'll see what you get for each level for this Season. Just underneath the Rewards, it shows what the Season Pass gets you regarding in game content.

Aside from that, each season has "soft cap" and "hard caps" for power level. That's explained in the video above; just be aware that the caps he mentions in that video will have been increased (they increase each season). To level up, just play the game as you normally would (grind grind grind). Getting to the soft cap is pretty straight forward. The hard cap requires a little more effort, but that's covered in the video too.

Hopefully that was some help...

Forsaken is too, plus you get 10% off silver for use on Xbox. Once you've purchased something with silver you can use it on any platform via your cross save.

Plus it's cloud play so you can stream it via web browser or the android app so you don't even need an Xbox.

I'm not either but if you didn't get the deluxe version of an expansion that includes the season passes they cost 1000 silver per season, getting 10% off the cost to purchase that silver helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Eventually played a bit last night, didnt really play the last season (mainly because I am sick of motes).

I like the 2 new seasonal modes, the batteries/ether and the forest one. Not sure i will play 182 days of it tho.

Story moving along quite well, just need to know wtf going on with the Warmind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

This has to be one of the most un original games out there now.

The amount of rehashing of old content is a joke. The seasons just look all the same to me now. Nothing really original. Who's excited to level their artifact for the 100th time!!

I thought I might return some day but with every release I feeling more and more that I may never play destiny again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So if i wanted to get back into this, what should i buy? I have the base game and Forsaken, but would like to be able to play through all the campaign/story content that was available. From what i can find, i want to buy the standard Shadowkeep dlc, and the deluxe Boyond Light dlc? That should allow me to play through all the seasons (don't care about the rewards for them, just the story).

Buy Shadowkeep and Beyond Light + Season. You don't need the deluxe edition unless you want some cosmetics. The seasonal stories prior to the current one are unavailable, you can check YouTube to catch up with them.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate/for Console all you'll need is the current season pass which can be purchased separately in game for silver. The game is playable on xCloud(GPU only) so you can stream it to your phone or PC browser, the streaming version is the Series X version running at 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Looks like Destiny 2 is getting a Windows Store release on PC since Beyond Light is coming to PC Game Pass. As someone who swaps between Xbox and PC a lot I'm hoping it'll be play anywhere as well (so that DLC purchases count for both systems).

• Advertisement

I don't understand removing content from a game like this. Forsaken is being removed next year, even though they are still charging full price for it now.

And with the post yesterday pretty much stated not to buy it as it will be free in December until it is vaulted in February.

Things I've bought that are no longer in the game,full price for each I might add as I got them at launch or on pre order:

Destiny 2 Base Game(Gone)

Curse of Osiris(Gone)

Warmind(Gone)

Forsaken(Going)

The first seasonal content ie Menagerie etc(Gone)

ShadowKeep(Still in game)

Out of about €200 worth of content,there's €40's worth left. That's not to mention paying for seasons that disappear. First seasonal content was never slated for removal so I'm including that.

The only people who benefit from all this are bungie.

Dungeons are not included in the Witch Queen expansion, unless you buy the deluxe edition. I've never seen an online game that charges for dungeons. Seems absolutely crazy. Pay € to run Deadmines in Warcraft...wait, don't give Activision any ideas.

Not trying to rag on the game constantly, but anytime i think about getting back into it lately, it seem Bungie do everything to make it more difficult for people.

Yeah, an obvious ploy to stop people from buying the standard edition and skipping a season if it looks crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played Destiny 2 on release and got a couple of the DLCs but have not played in a long while. Decided to give it a go again with a new character since Beyond Light is now on microsoft game pass on PC, for the last day im getting an error when connecting to servers.. Am i missing somehting??

There was a patch yesterday. Go into the MS Store and check for updates. This should fix it, the MS Store is poor at auto pushing patches when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hey all.

I'm a former Destiny 1 player that never had the time to get into Destiny 2 due to work. I've now got myself a new job and have a bit more time to get into D2. I've just started my Warlock playthrough and was maybe looking at getting some of the DLC.

Is there anything in particular I should look at getting? It's a bit pricy at the moment on the PS Store so will probably wait for a sale, so I am in no real rush. Just looking for advice really. TIA

Play through the Forsaken campaign asap. It's currently free on PSN and is being removed on February 22nd. Other than that I'd wait on price reductions on Shadowkeep and Beyond Light. Witch Queen will be €80/€100 to get with all 4 season passes depending on if you get the deluxe edition or deluxe + 30th Anniversary bundle. The 30th anniversary bundle basically gives you access to some cosmetics, a dungeon and Gjallarhorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

WQ is pretty decent, some insane builds are easily achievable.

• Advertisement

30th anniversary pack is free on epic store on PC for anyone who doesn't have it

Edit: Actually pretty pointless for players who already have the expansions, you would have to buy them all again on epic.

I bought Beyond Light and The Witch Queen on Steamyet have access to them on Playstation but not Epic. I've also bought expansions on Playstation amd had access to them on Steam but also not on epic so who knows what going on there

You shouldn't have access to the Expansion on platforms you haven't purchased them on, the season pass will follow you cross platform though.

You should have access to the season pass content on Epic after you link your account to Bungie.net

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

For some reason I'm getting access on Steam to content I've bought on Playstation and vice versa. I remember they said expansions would be platform specific but ever since cross save they have worked that way for me, shame this anomaly didn't happen with epic too

They're free to play this week on all platforms until 6pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

Hopefully this is the right place:

Just started destiny 2 on PS4 the free version. What would be the best package to buy unlock all the previous content?

Also can destiny 1 raids be done on D2?

TIA

Has the game improved at all since the Activision split? I know all the woes were blamed on them, so hopefully its improved? I know they cut a bunch of content, which seems crazy, but maybe it worked?

Advertisement