Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army coup to take place in Dublin today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Esel wrote: »
    Not a very realistic location, imo. I'd say it will be in a populated area.

Such as where?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

City centre, suburban shopping centre etc.

Not your ornery onager

Wouldn't that require consultation with retailers, and thus the leaking of the details long ago?

Also the small matter of lost trade and the compensation for said losses, which in the Christmas period would probably be in the millions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

judeboy101 wrote:
    Seriously, the Irish army couldn't fight their way out of an under 16 GAA disco.

I love the comments of the ill informed, prey tell where did you acquire your knowledge of the DF's?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I presume they will want it to be as realistic as possible.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

I presume they will want it to be as realistic as possible.

I presume they have a different realistic in mind to you.

Theres insurance and legal implications too.

Having any sort of live ordnance or operational military equipment near the general public is just asking for problems and huge costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

I hope there going to take out the junkies as target practice, there is enough of them anwyay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

Our defence forces have served us very well, despite being underfunded. Hopefully they'll benefit from these exercises.

Some people like to put others down, to feel better about themselves. You'll hear similar talk from the barstool experts about Premier League players being rubbish, as if he/she could do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

with the wages our soldiers are on, I'm surprised there hasn't been a coup!

can't believe the lack of respect for our military personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Delta1138

Maybe there going to clean the bus aras toilets 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Oh I dunno , I've two friends who are ex DF , one spent over 40 years in the army number 1 band , the other was a Ranger.
    Both impress me a lot.

In saying that if I was to fight the Ranger Id want a baseball bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,276 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh I dunno , I've two friends who are ex DF , one spent over 40 years in the army number 1 band , the other was a Ranger.
    Both impress me a lot.

i still wouldn't bet on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Both impress me a lot.

i still wouldn't bet on you.

Neither would I.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Id be proud of our army if they allowed injured enemy combatants be removed from the field rather than letting them bleed out under a hot tropical sun.

I mean, its very easy for us to say this from the luxury of our couches, far away from an environment where every action has to be carefully considered, such is the threat to your life.

The concept of an enemy doesn't really exist in my day to day life, something I'm extremely grateful for.

Chrongen wrote: »
    So in other words the only ones to score gold in that exercise (which I'm sure is in the Brecon Beacons where the SAS train) were the Gurkhas and the Irish.

Maybe you'd want to reassess your judgement there, judeboy.

I would imagine the Duke of Lancaster Regiment and the Garwhal Rifles are neither of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Andy Magic wrote: »
    I hope there going to take out the junkies as target practice, there is enough of them anwyay

They could solve the homeless problem too. Call it collateral damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Ballsbridge? Given Trump's about to paint a big target on US embassies worldwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Mech1

Did anyone see anything? it must have been a undercover operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Aegir wrote: »
    I would imagine the Duke of Lancaster Regiment and the Garwhal Rifles are neither of the above.

Maybe have a look at their battle honours and recent operations before saying something that silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Seriously, the Irish army couldn't fight their way out of an under 16 GAA disco.

rubbish. our boys are well regarded world wide and are very good at their job. shame on you for disrespecting them.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mech1 wrote: »
    Did anyone see anything? it must have been a undercover operation.

Seen moving images yesterday of some units bursting up the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Think of some of the cesspools they've been deployed to.

They deserve respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Think of some of the cesspools they've been deployed to.

They deserve respect.

Athlone. *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have to be the best country in the world at knocking our own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Well going by what's happening in the Dail you won't have an Irish Army for much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well going by what's happening in the Dail you won't have an Irish Army for much longer.

What's happening in the Dail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Maybe have a look at their battle honours and recent operations before saying something that silly.

you may want to re-read my post.

The Duke of Lancaster Regiment and the Garwhal Rifles are neither Irish, or Gurkha regiments.

So the post I was replying to should have read

"So in other words the only ones to score gold in that exercise (which I'm sure is in the Brecon Beacons where the SAS train) were the British, the Indians, the Gurkhas and the Irish"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I was in the FCA, did a few summer camps in Finner outside Bundoran, them full time lads do loads of training, fit fellas anyway mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Edward M wrote: »
    I was in the FCA, did a few summer camps in Finner outside Bundoran, them full time lads do loads of training, fit fellas anyway mostly.

I never really understood what the FCA do. Is it like some sort of reserve defence force?

Advertisement