Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018: General Discussion Thread

Options
1140141142143144146»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,533 ✭✭✭Inviere

Time for a 2019 thread? Anything and everything posted from now will likely relate to 2019...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

vectra wrote: »
    Gintonious wrote: »
    Haha, good man.

* EDIT *
    You know what,
    I did put and answer here but decided I wouldn't waste my time replying to someone trying to be a troll.

Oh the irony...

If its so clear then please, spell it out for all of us to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Inviere wrote: »
    Time for a 2019 thread? Anything and everything posted from now will likely relate to 2019...

Tomorrow is December 1st, new month new thread? This one was started on 01-12-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

[HTML][/HTML]

Oh the irony...

If its so clear then please, spell it out for all of us to hear.

Nah.
    Sure you know everything. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

[HTML][/HTML]

Nah.
    Sure you know everything. :rolleyes:

Clearly not, you obviously have some secret hidden story about how Raikkonen was held back over the past few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah lads if ye are gunna go back to the tales of Old Man Kimi is past it can yiz at least sort yere fcking quotes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tomorrow is December 1st, new month new thread? This one was started on 01-12-2017

But we can't just yet, some of the posters are still bickering about this year :D

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,303 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astrofluff wrote: »
    But we can't just yet, some of the posters are still bickering about this year :D

Oops. I just did when I spotted the FIA entry list published. Force India officially no more.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057934090/1/#post108765718

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Have Haas actual signed up to Rich Energy deal?
    I'm still convinced it's a scam however surely they must have confirmed funding before going this far or is it a case of promises of funds sometime next week as we have seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I'd said this a while back and I hope I'm proved wrong but Kubica returning is not going to be a fairytale.

Because he's gone to far inferior car that will have little to no chance of scoring a podium finish in 2019 so he's not doing it for glory so it's either money or craic he's doing it for. I've much respect for a driver who goes out just for the love it btw, like I said about Schumacher a few weeks back, he returned to Merc just to race and I have much respect for that.

It is quite a story that he remains capable of driving an F1 car at all. How will he cope in race situations?
    Raikkonen is also a shareholder in Sauber so maybe he has ambitions to become team principal/owner.He's certainly not going to end up commentating for Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,242 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

mickdw wrote: »
    Have Haas actual signed up to Rich Energy deal?
    I'm still convinced it's a scam however surely they must have confirmed funding before going this far or is it a case of promises of funds sometime next week as we have seen before.

Yeah they are title sponsor of team. I would assume there was due diligence done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

From the horse's mouth

https://www.haasf1team.com/news/news-rich-energy-announced-haas-f1-team-title-partner
    About Rich Energy:

Rich Energy is a premium and innovative British energy drink developed and optimised over the last 6 years with leading beverage experts. Its sole objective is to create a peerless, ultra-high-quality energy drink with none of the downsides of the competition, a crisp clean taste and high performance. As such, only the best ingredients were identified and sourced from pure mineral water with optimal composition from a natural Alpine spring to luxury organic sugar cane and the best sources of energy available. Whilst the recipe is a closely guarded secret, Rich Energy utilizes a cutting edge £50m manufacturing facility and its cans are made in the UK. Rich Energy enjoys the highest available certification in the EU and US and the lowest sugar content possible whilst maintaining the balance of taurine and caffeine to deliver genuine energy performance. Rich Energy stands alone as an elite energy drink for the discerning customer. For more information please visit: www.richenergy.com

The wording of that makes it sound even more like horse sh1t.
    Utilises a 50 million facility..... trying to make it sound like a purpose built plant owned by Rich Energy when no doubt they have a limited production run from that plant.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Am I the only one that thinks some people are being a bit too cynical?

Don't get me wrong, I don't know much about Rich Energy but Gene Haas has been in the game for a long time. I feel like he would have done his homework.

Of course, happy to be proven wrong.

EDIT: I wouldn't be happy if it put Haas in trouble, to make that clear. More that I'll be keeping an open mind.

Faugheen wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I don't know much about Rich Energy but Gene Haas has been in the game for a long time. I feel like he would have done his homework.

EDIT: I wouldn't be happy if it put Haas in trouble, to make that clear. More that I'll be keeping an open mind.

Last i heard is that they have 2 or 3 big time money men coming in to get the brand out there. If that is the case, well all will be good. Their business accounts as available suggest they might struggle to sponsor a formula vee team.
    The invisibility of the product would seem to support the cynical view.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

It's getting both brands into the news, Haas and Rich Energy, loads of free publicity
    Worst case for Haas is that they don't get the money promised and go back to having no title sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Faugheen wrote: »

I'm very cynical of the Rich Energy brand, they're trying to follow the Red Bull model of mass exposure through sport but they have little to no market penetration so are starting from zero. Additionally their accounts (you only needed 1 hand to count their entire workforce) and a Google maps look at their listed business address (it was a residential house unless they've since upgraded), and the series of unsubstantiated claims Mr. Storey made in relation to Force India and his many millions investment also add to my scepticism. I called them snake oil merchants, and stand by that as I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

I do agree Gene Haas is a shrewd man but his handling of the prize money and team protest situations have probably illustrated his naivety in navigating the politics of F1. That would include dealing with chancers. And it being F1 it wouldn't be the first time somebody had claims of investment, only for it to magically evaporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I had a good laugh at this. Especially the "Hey look, they have the best fans here too!"

https://streamable.com/gdmmv

Advertisement