Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2018: General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Harika

Interesting but ratty move

https://twitter.com/hlawiczka/status/1065618494102872069

Haas saying Not Force India, didn't build their cars themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Santan

Maybe a silly question, but could Williams ever partner for a Ferrari engine, unless they move forward in the next year or 2 with Merc, would it be the worst move for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Harika wrote: »

Is that some silly protest relating to the force India team being a different company to the current race team?

mickdw wrote: »

Is that some silly protest relating to the force India team being a different company to the current race team?

The chassis of not force India was build by force India and by this illegal, fia now has to decide and that is worth 50 million dollars for Haas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

The chassis of not force India was build by force India and by this illegal, fia now has to decide and that is worth 50 million dollars for Haas.

$50 million. Sure aren't Rich energy ploughing money in there ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Has anyone seen anywhere that sells that energy drink?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

It was enough to make them start from zero points surely.
    I can't see Haas winning that. New force India would surely have a case against the fia seeing as they allowed them entry knowing that it was the chassis of the old team, took their entry etc and allowed them to spend a lot of cash going racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

astrofluff wrote: »
    Has anyone seen anywhere that sells that energy drink?

I think it's some sort of new company. At the time they were trying to buy Force India for £30m they were valued at £1m. Someone is trying to pump money into advertising to get it off the ground.

GarIT wrote: »
    I think it's some sort of new company. At the time they were trying to buy Force India for £30m they were valued at £1m. Someone is trying to pump money into advertising to get it off the ground.

Or just an outright scam.
    Reminds me of the mansoor ijaz quantum group nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It was enough to make them start from zero points surely.
    I can't see Haas winning that. New force India would surely have a case against the fia seeing as they allowed them entry knowing that it was the chassis of the old team, took their entry etc and allowed them to spend a lot of cash going racing.

I hope you are right. I think it is very juvenile of Haas to even try this. I hope Haas do not win this one and the Fia just drop it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

The fact is that in pure, strict technical terms, HAAS are correct - the cars ran by Not Force India were indeed built by a company that was a different one that the current.

The fact they were allowed to race is probably where this will be shut - it's not exactly the first time this happens, there have been takeovers and changes of denominations in the past - one could have argued the 2009 Brawn GP car was indeed designed and at least partly built by Honda...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Force Canada is a totally new company. Force India went into administration so a different set of circumstances. Haas are going by the book. Something should be either in compliance with the rules or not. There should not be grey areas. Force India should have sold up before they went bust but they didn't because of their dodgy owner. FIA or Liberty did a sweetheart deal with Force Canada without following proper procedures and now chickens are coming home to roost. Liberty or FIA will have to pay Haas off or risk it going to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I said at the time Force India should have just missed one race to get the issues sorted. They had two weeks between the race they barely managed to get to and the next.

They could have kept all of their points if they chose to miss that race and give the time needed for Stroll to buy the team properly instead of just the assets.

GarIT wrote: »
    I said at the time Force India should have just missed one race to get the issues sorted. They had two weeks between the race they barely managed to get to and the next.

They could have kept all of their points if they chose to miss that race and give the time needed for Stroll to buy the team properly instead of just the assets.

I don't think it was that straight forward although I might be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,629 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I assume Racing Point will just demonstrate (probably via a mass of paperwork) that there was a clear legal transition of the ownership of the intellectual property between the old and new entities. Haas are clutching at straws for one reason only, cold hard cash. They are like every F1 team ever, completely incapable of separating their own self interest from anything else.

I don't think it was that straight forward although I might be wrong.

Anyone who's ever had the misfortune of dealing with Indian bureaucracy will almost certainly tell you that a week would have made no difference whatsoever. Asking more than a dozen Indian banks to agree on anything is Mission Impossible, they'd need a committee to decide whether they should form a committee to discuss should they in fact form a committee to discuss the actual issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭vectra

skipper_G wrote: »
    Anyone who's ever had the misfortune of dealing with Indian bureaucracy will almost certainly tell you that a week would have made no difference whatsoever. Asking more than a dozen Indian banks to agree on anything is Mission Impossible, they'd need a committee to decide whether they should form a committee to discuss should they in fact form a committee to discuss the actual issue

You mean like our own Government :pac::pac:

Back on topic,
    I suppose Haas are right to do what they are doing.

The Haas case has been thrown out and pirelli is to be announced as tyre supplier for the next years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Advertisement

Jenson Button is joining Sky's presenting lineup for every race next season. Maybe they'll get rid of Herbert now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Jenson Button is joining Sky's presenting lineup for every race next season. Maybe they'll get rid of Herbert now

Don't know how that's supposed to work when he's signed to do the rest of the WEC season with SMP. The Australian GP clashes with Sebring..

Don't know how that's supposed to work when he's signed to do the rest of the WEC season with SMP. The Australian GP clashes with Sebring..

I just reread it, he's joining the presenting team but not specifically for every race. I think maybe I picked up one of Sky's subliminal messages of every race live blah blah by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I just reread it, he's joining the presenting team but not specifically for every race. I think maybe I picked up one of Sky's subliminal messages of every race live blah blah by mistake

Sky said he "will see an increased role with Sky F1 during coverage of all 21 races next year." So that might mean some prerecorded stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,402 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

11 Titles, 3 cars, 1 farewell

https://streamable.com/yr02j

Adios Alonso!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Channel 4 team photograph from this morning.

Ds2LhqoX4AIXJci.jpg

Fleetwood Mac who have the F1 theme song for Channel 4 have it on sale in a 3 CD set celebrating 50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Congratulations to them.
    Channel 4 consistently outperformed Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Are Channel 4 still doing highlights next year?

Thought I heard that earlier this year?

Dunno what I'll do now that eir sport won't have coverage next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Are Channel 4 still doing highlights next year?

Thought I heard that earlier this year?

Dunno what I'll do now that eir sport won't have coverage next year.
    Think they have highlights for every race, and full coverage for the British GP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭elperello

https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/blog/formula-1-coverage-update

Yes that's the deal, qualifying and race highlights for every race except British GP which will be live.

It's a pity, I will miss KC and his insights during practice.

I suppose we are very lucky to get free access to any of the C4 coverage.

They really are a dream team.

Advertisement