Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

vandriver wrote: »
    Literally not true.

OK, if its not true, show me 1 item on amazon.co.uk right now that gives an estimate delivery time before christmas, seeing as irish prime members are supposed to have 2 day delivery there should be loads. But there is literally nothing. You could order and take the chance but still, they are giving long estimates and if looking for something to arrive before christmas it would be much safer to use parcel motel at current time.
    Whether or not they do get dispatched sooner is another question. It could be warehouse dependent for example, I've seen some items dispatched to Irish address quickly whereas others are not dispatched for 4-5 days. All those same items would've been dispatched extremely quickly to northern ireland.

Example https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D7BNPPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Delivery to parcel motel by Monday 21st.
    Delivery to irish address - estimate Jan 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Usually have no problems with Parcel Motel but have been chasing them for days over a missing parcel. They seem to have either lost or completely mixed up my delivery with someone else's and I'm out a small fortune.

Usually have no problems with Parcel Motel but have been chasing them for days over a missing parcel. They seem to have either lost or completely mixed up my delivery with someone else's and I'm out a small fortune.

Parcels are insured to €100 unless you purchased the extra insurance. At what point did it get lost? Did it check into your account?

spix wrote: »
    Parcels are insured to €100 unless you purchased the extra insurance. At what point did it get lost? Did it check into your account?

Didn't realise that, thanks! It checked into my account as an oversized parcel, redirected it home and long story short it wasn't my parcel that arrived. Have been chasing it for the last week but unfortunately I'm no further forward!

Edited to add - I can see from the Parcel Motel screenshot that it was my parcel that initially arrived but instead I've ended up with a snooker cue I don't need!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

OK, if its not true, show me 1 item on amazon.co.uk right now that gives an estimate delivery time before christmas, seeing as irish prime members are supposed to have 2 day delivery there should be loads. But there is literally nothing. You could order and take the chance but still, they are giving long estimates and if looking for something to arrive before christmas it would be much safer to use parcel motel at current time.
    Whether or not they do get dispatched sooner is another question. It could be warehouse dependent for example, I've seen some items dispatched to Irish address quickly whereas others are not dispatched for 4-5 days. All those same items would've been dispatched extremely quickly to northern ireland.

Example https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D7BNPPY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Delivery to parcel motel by Monday 21st.
    Delivery to irish address - estimate Jan 4th.
    So you didn't look at my item ordered on the 16th and delivered on the 18th?
    That item is showing as delivered on 21st for me.
    Do you even have prime?

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that, thanks! It checked into my account as an oversized parcel, redirected it home and long story short it wasn't my parcel that arrived. Have been chasing it for the last week but unfortunately I'm no further forward!

Edited to add - I can see from the Parcel Motel screenshot that it was my parcel that initially arrived but instead I've ended up with a snooker cue I don't need!

Were you able to find the others persons PM ID on the wrong parcel you got? So that parcel motel could contact them as they probably have your parcel. Tell them you want insurance paid , will be order value or up to €100 then they might be bit more effort into locating it.

Do you even have prime?

Yes I have prime.
    And I use Amazon alot.

I do have items recently that were delivered within 3 days to Ireland, whereas others were sitting for days before dispatch. The fact is the estimate is pushed back to account for possibility of them having to prioritize uk orders. There is no way with all the couriers amazon have at their disposal, dpd ups anpost etc, that Jan 4th is soonest delivery date for Irish orders with prime, unless they are giving processing priority elsewhere.. which would be to all the UK orders they have guaranteed 1 day delivery for.

You might want to double check you have changed back to your Irish address. 21st is for Northern Ireland.

Yes I have prime.
    And I use Amazon alot.

I do have items recently that were delivered within 3 days to Ireland, whereas others were sitting for days before dispatch. The fact is the estimate is pushed back to account for possibility of them having to prioritize uk orders. There is no way with all the couriers amazon have at their disposal, dpd ups anpost etc, that Jan 4th is soonest delivery date for Irish orders with prime, unless they are giving processing priority elsewhere.. which would be to all the UK orders they have guaranteed 1 day delivery for.

You might want to double check you have changed back to your Irish address. 21st is for Northern Ireland.
    I'm not sure why you think I'm making this stuff up!
    Here's the top of the same product page.

Do you even have prime?

Interesting... I entered a Dublin address on Amazon and delivery date changed to 21st. It seems they are giving faster delivery guarantees to certain counties. Do your orders get delivered by the new Amazon delivery service in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I have something on the way from Korea to UK PM address, ordered a week ago and shipped the other day. I contacted their customer service last night and asked the following
    Hi

I got the communication about the cut off date of 28th December. I understand why this has happened. The issue i have is that I have something in transit to my UK PM address which was ordered a week ago and I do not know if it will arrive before the 28th as it is coming from Korea.

What happens in these instances, is it just a case of tough luck?

Brexit has been coming for two years and giving people 10 days notice at the busiest time of the year is very poor service.

Thanks,

I believe their customer service is a bit crappy so wonder will i even get a response.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure why you think I'm making this stuff up!
    Here's the top of the same product page.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/shopping/amazon-depot-ireland-rathcoole-drivers-18947379
    Maybe Amazon should update their Ireland prime info to say '2 day delivery to Ireland - Dublin only'

https://www.dublinlive.ie/whats-on/shopping/amazon-depot-ireland-rathcoole-drivers-18947379
    Maybe Amazon should update their Ireland prime info to say '2 day delivery to Ireland - Dublin only'
    Mystery solved!
    Amazon's new super duper delivery service instead of an post.

Were you able to find the others persons PM ID on the wrong parcel you got? So that parcel motel could contact them as they probably have your parcel. Tell them you want insurance paid , will be order value or up to €100 then they might be bit more effort into locating it.

Yes I sent photographs of the label and order details to Parcel Motel so they're 'investigating it' currently. The customer's e-mail address is in the order - any point in me emailing them myself? Or will I leave it to PM to sort?

Mystery solved!
    Amazon's new super duper delivery service instead of an post.

Its not anpost that is slow though as once the parcels are handed over its always fast, its the dispatching that is slow. I have a very hard time believing so many people outside Dublin order from Amazon that UPS DPD and Anpost cannot handle the volume to deliver from UK->Ireland before Jan 4th. Whatever carrier they choose for the order it is always 2-3 days after dispatch. It is much more likely Amazon are simply taking their time processing these orders which is not acceptable as were paying for prime same as everyone else. If they've invested in improving delivery to Dublin then it makes sense that these orders will also be added onto their priority list hence you getting 21st estimate and me given a Jan 4th estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭VG31

I had a Royal Mail parcel delivered to Newtownabbey at 12 pm on Thursday. It was in the Dublin depot about 24 hours later and was in the locker last night.

Wasn't expecting it to be that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

I have something on the way from Korea to UK PM address, ordered a week ago and shipped the other day. I contacted their customer service last night and asked the following

I believe their customer service is a bit crappy so wonder will i even get a response.

It's worse than 10 days notice for posted items: with no delivery 25-28th, arrival is required in Newtonabbey by Christmas Eve at the latest. 2nd class post within the UK needs to be sent by yesterday (18th) and 1st class by
    Monday (21st)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I believe their customer service is a bit crappy so wonder will I even get a response.

Just curious, not judging or anything but if it's coming from korea why use PM, why not get sent straight here? Would have probably been quicker. This is something I ordered from Amazon Japan on Thursday and it's arriving today and I just paid for normal delivery, nothing fast or special:

Saturday, December 19, 2020 Location Time Piece
    19 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 10:23
    18 Clearance processing complete at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:41
    17 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:25
    16 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:15
    15 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:45
    14 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:43
    13 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 03:27
    12 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 00:38
    11 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 00:00
    Friday, December 18, 2020 Location Time Piece
    10 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 17:54
    9 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 03:17
    8 Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 03:17
    7 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 01:56
    Thursday, December 17, 2020 Location Time Piece
    6 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 23:02
    5 Departed Facility in OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 21:25
    4 Processed at OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 17:07
    3 Customs status updated OSAKA - JAPAN 15:02
    2 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 06:01
    1 Shipment information received OSAKA - JAPAN 04:04

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Just curious, not judging or anything but if it's coming from korea why use PM, why not get sent straight here? Would have probably been quicker. This is something I ordered from Amazon Japan on Thursday and it's arriving today and I just paid for normal delivery, nothing fast or special:

Saturday, December 19, 2020 Location Time Piece
    19 With delivery courier DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 10:23
    18 Clearance processing complete at DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:41
    17 Arrived at Sort Facility DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:25
    16 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 08:15
    15 Departed Facility in EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:45
    14 Transferred through EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 06:43
    13 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 03:27
    12 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 00:38
    11 Arrived at Sort Facility LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 00:00
    Friday, December 18, 2020 Location Time Piece
    10 Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 17:54
    9 Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 03:17
    8 Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 03:17
    7 Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 01:56
    Thursday, December 17, 2020 Location Time Piece
    6 Customs status updated HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA 23:02
    5 Departed Facility in OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 21:25
    4 Processed at OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 17:07
    3 Customs status updated OSAKA - JAPAN 15:02
    2 Customs status updated DUBLIN - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF 06:01
    1 Shipment information received OSAKA - JAPAN 04:04

Same reason anyone uses UK PM, the company i was buying from does not ship to ROI, thought that would have been pretty obvious tbh. :confused:

Same reason anyone uses UK PM, the company i was buying from does not ship to ROI, thought that would have been pretty obvious tbh. :confused:

Not really, if it's from a third country why deliver to the UK but not Ireland? If it was obvious I wouldn't have asked. This thread is full of people who could have used a diff route way but didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

I'm really annoyed cos I've stuff coming to me that was ordered before yesterday's announcement but won't be delivered before the 28th.
    It's simply not acceptable that they have done this.
    They should have made the announcement a month ago, then people would have had an opportunity to assess.
    What's going to happen to my orders?
    I consider it a breach of contract from UPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Not really, if it's from a third country why deliver to the UK but not Ireland? If it was obvious I wouldn't have asked. This thread is full of people who could have used a diff route way but didn't.

You’ll have to ask the companies and their logistics partners why they won’t deliver to Ireland but there are plenty who do. I’ve pretty much only used parcel motel for stuff that isn’t delivered to Ireland but can be delivered to the UK

Dodge wrote: »
    You’ll have to ask the companies and their logistics partners why they won’t deliver to Ireland but there are plenty who do. I’ve pretty much only used parcel motel for stuff that isn’t delivered to Ireland but can be delivered to the UK

Probably get a clearer answer shouting at the clouds and waiting for an answer, probably quicker than PMs customer services too.

gman2k wrote: »
    I'm really annoyed cos I've stuff coming to me that was ordered before yesterday's announcement but won't be delivered before the 28th.
    It's simply not acceptable that they have done this.
    They should have made the announcement a month ago, then people would have had an opportunity to assess.
    What's going to happen to my orders?
    I consider it a breach of contract from UPS.

This is exactly it, shocking customer service. This is not something that's just new, Brexit has been years in the making and even for the last few months we've been waiting for these messages. What it screams to me is that they left it as late as possible just to get as much profit as possible, which can be the only reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

This is exactly it, shocking customer service. This is not something that's just new, Brexit has been years in the making and even for the last few months we've been waiting for these messages. What it screams to me is that they left it as late as possible just to get as much profit as possible, which can be the only reason.

Yea....it was a bit of a ceann Richard move...technically not even 5 working days notice :/

Like, you would expect either a heads up or, in case of no emails/communication, I figured out it was business as usuall and they'll charge customs/vat by deducting it from the balance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Going to be awkward buying anything from uk only shippers now. I used PM Newtonabbey as my main ebay address for years. Will have to get in touch with some long lost 3rd cousin in Enniskillen now...... It was good while it lasted.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I contacted customer service this morning.

They've agreed to refund the balance of my account.

Still don't know what I can do about the parcel that's on the way.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Going to be awkward buying anything from uk only shippers now. I used PM Newtonabbey as my main ebay address for years. Will have to get in touch with some long lost 3rd cousin in Enniskillen now...... It was good while it lasted.

Use address pal from an post ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Fwarder wrote: »
    Use address pal from an post ;)

Hows that going to help when there is VAT and customs clearance?

whiterebel wrote: »
    Hows that going to help when there is VAT and customs clearance?

Because at least you'll still be able to order some stuff from UK.

Under 22e, no vat not customs., up to 150 just VAT...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

We need to put pressure on UPS to honour deliveries that were ordered prior to yesterday...

Advertisement