Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible things you were called at school

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

There was 2 travellers went to my school and they knicknamed me Crackers as my mother was great in everyway except making good lunches so a lot of days I would have cream crackers and butter for my lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I was fat (not even that fat, but a bit fat), so I used to called some variant of 'fatty' the odd time.

Fast forward a few years and most of them have gotten fat whereas now I am svelte AF :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Well I had a ronnie, a unibrow, buck teeth, glasses, an inhaler and a massive forehead. I was also a hell of a lot smarter than most of the idiots around me. What wasn't I called! To be honest the boys in my area were the cruellest. I was told every day for years how ugly I was. I still find it very difficult today to accept a compliment about my looks and I always have a vague feeling that someone is bullsh1tting me when they do compliment me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Joe 90 ....... yes horrible.

maybe it fit though because I did cr@p in that school.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Judas. Because I changed from a "Pass" to "Honours" class (it was the 1980s) in secondary school.

Lads used to shout "30 pieces of silver" and "traitor" at me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Mate of mine was called wham bar, because of his bad acne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Judas. Because I changed from a "Pass" to "Honours" class (it was the 1980s) in secondary school.

Lads used to shout "30 pieces of silver" and "traitor" at me. :(

In the event you even passed that honours subject in the leaving then the pain was worth it. - moving from the "ordinary level" to the honours class.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Oddball

Because I wore odd socks to school once. ONCE.
    Tell me about it. :mad:

Did they call me Ace, or Cap. after leading every school team in every sport to victory, without a single loss in five years? No, they bloody didn't. But they catch you shagging one sheep...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

bnt wrote: »
    I went to school in South Africa, so some of the things I was called don't quite translate. Because I was an immigrant there, I got called "soutpiel", lit. "salt dick", because I had one foot in Africa and one foot in Europe, so my junk was dangling in the Atlantic Ocean ... :o

The standard response to that was "Yes, but at least it can reach the water".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Duffy, because i wore a jacket that the idiots who invented the nickname, thought was a Duffel coat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

"Hitler" because of my interest in military history.

Also "Benny" after the Top Cat character. No idea why because I looked nothing like him. Ironically, I probably do a bit now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Kamu wrote: »
    I was called Santa in my final two years of primary school as I was big, jolly and fat and had the makings of a ronnie.

Didn't actually bother me mind....
    *cries to sleep* :D

Girls can be so cruel to each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Kids use to call me The King, twas horrible.

They'd say here comes our King.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭tevey08

A teacher once said to me mid class, Your sister is like a bowling ball, I stick 3 fingers in her and **** her down the lane. Quiet funny but my god was it bad for a teacher to say that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

grahambo wrote: »
    My German teacher once told me (in front of the whole class):
    "Unfortunately Graham... You're just not intelligent enough to learn German"

Well f*ck you ye stupid C*nt

She nearly knocked me off my motorcycle about 5 years later, pulled up beside her... she was all apologetic, I told her she wasn't really wasn't intelligent enough to be driving a Car.
    She didn't recognise me though with the helmet on and she probably says that **** to loads of pupils, so I didn't get the satisfaction out of if that I should have...

Oh well :rolleyes:

She probably had a point to be fair if your grasp on english is anything to go by :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

danganabu wrote: »
    She probably had a point to be fair if your grasp on english is anything to go by :D:D

Thanks for pointing out my typo...

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

I knew a couple, the young lad had a bad lisp and the girl had a fairly bad under bite.

while they were together they were know as "chindlers lisp".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

grahambo wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing out my typo...

It was a joke, lighten up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

danganabu wrote: »
    It was a joke, lighten up!!

I don't get jokes...
    That was another thing they called me in School.... "Non Joke Getter!"

Old Wounds = Opened

Nice one :D:P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I got called windows because I needed glasses but we couldn't afford new pairs so I got lenses in a grown up sized frames we got from a family friend. Bleedin massive so they were on my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Fat was a big thing, and unintelligent or dumb. I think a person can only be called something so many times before they believe it. Still struggle with body dysmorphia and eating difficulties to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Fat was a big thing, and unintelligent or dumb. I think a person can only be called something so many times before they believe it. Still struggle with body dysmorphia and eating difficulties to this day.

I agree. It might seem harmless but it really ****s with your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I agree. It might seem harmless but it really ****s with your head.

I think just a really unhealthy start to life sets the tone for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Two spring to mind:

'Piglet' because my parents were guards. Annoyed the f*ck out of me at the time but looking back it was fairly funny.

Years later we moved house so I changed school and someone noticed that when I smiled my gums showed. So it was 'gummy bear'. I changed the way I smile in photos because of that. No teeth or gums showing. It's been 14 years. Maybe it's time to start smiling naturally again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭josip

"Tomo the corpse" because of pale skin and acne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

ectoraige wrote: »
    Brit, despite living in Ireland with Irish parents since I was 1 year old.

Yeah, I got Brit, west Brit and orange b (that was a teacher).
    I think just a really unhealthy start to life sets the tone for years to come

Depends on the person. I went to school with Jewish twins who got mocked over the gas chambers, Hitler etc and they are surgeons now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The usual rethard and they used to slag me because they thought I had big head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Jay Leno because my chin is f*cking huge, you could land a plane on it.

Panface because my face is flat from the side so it looks like I was hit with a frying pan.

Pam because I developed faster than the other girls :o like Pamela Anderson.....i was only about 14 at the time.

Shaq because I was 5'10" and good at basketball.

All said in jest, apart from panface... that was started by a group of older girls who had a huge problem with me and tried to make school hell for me. They really wanted to be hard and for me to be afraid of them. Love seeing them now, going about their sh*tty sh*tty lives. Ones boyfriend is in jail, ones dad is in jail, one has 4 kids with 3 different dads, 4/5 are on the dole, one works in dealz and scowls at me whenever I'm in there :D ahh karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

ectoraige wrote: »
    Brit, despite living in Ireland with Irish parents since I was 1 year old.

Surely you must know that you will never be as Irish as those pure breed nativists, having dual Irish parentage and living here since you were ****ting rusks counts for feck all. :rolleyes:

On the thread topic, one guy I remember called me a 'broken jawed c**t' (wore braces for an underbite), that was his only utterance to me in six years of schooling, wasn't really bothered just thought it was a bit funny really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I used to be called Blinky for obvious reasons. I still start blinking sometimes when I'm nervous. I found out about five years ago that the lads in one of the pubs have been calling me that behind my back since I came to Sligo, till one night the barman let it slip. He was handing me my change and said, "There you go, Blinky". He nearly sh1t himself. A real "Beam me up, Scotty" moment. It doesn't bother me in the least and nowadays everyone in there calls me that. In the xmas draw or the grand national sweep the barman just writes "Blinky".

One poor fuc!er used always have a runny nose. He was called "The double barreled snot gun".
    One lad had an oval shaped head .. Spoonface.
    Another lad had two legs and a back ... No Ar$e.
    One of the girls was called E.T. Not because she was ugly but because she had Enormous T1ts.

Advertisement