Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible things you were called at school

Options
  • 30-11-2017 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

So coming to a bit or a milestone in my life (as pathetic as that sounds), I'm getting my braces off in a few weeks.

I left it quite late in life to get them, I'm 34 btw.
    My parents couldn't afford them when I was a kid.

The reason I ALWAYS wanted them was because, in school, all them years ago, people used to call me "Gopher Boy" as my two front teeth stuck right out (Just like Kevin from South Park)

I'll never forget the sting of that name.... Gopher Boy
    Looking back in it, I laugh but only because my teeth are straight now.

Kids can be cruel little fu*kers.

What horrible names were you called when you were a kid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Bugs Bunny because I had prominent teeth. My teeth are nice and straight now :D
    I was also called Frankenstein because I have a high forehead:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

Goofy, for the same reasons as the above

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

"Retard" is the one that stands out really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Brit, despite living in Ireland with Irish parents since I was 1 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Taz....after the tasmanian devil in looney tunes

Because I can't talk clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Darling, by bro. dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I went to school in South Africa, so some of the things I was called don't quite translate. Because I was an immigrant there, I got called "soutpiel", lit. "salt dick", because I had one foot in Africa and one foot in Europe, so my junk was dangling in the Atlantic Ocean ... :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

bnt wrote: »
    I went to school in South Africa, so some of the things I was called don't quite translate. Because I was an immigrant there, I got called "soutpiel", lit. "salt dick", because I had one foot in Africa and one foot in Europe, so my junk was dangling in the Atlantic Ocean ... :o

That's a very well thought out insult, if it wasn't so cruel, I'd be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Man, thats a long list. Well for starters, our school uniform was a green blazer and trousers, and I'm a big guy and always have been (broad and tall at that time incidentally) so my name in school from the age of 12 till we moved at age 16 was the Green Giant. Being also fat, speccy, 'nerdy' (hate that word) and incredibly shy and awkward, I got

Fat
    Fatty
    Chubby
    Fat as a ****ing elephant
    Fatty fatty boom boom
    Blob
    Big blob
    Mr blobby
    Tubby
    Porky
    Piggy
    Lard arse
    Tubby
    Speccy
    Four eyes
    Fat nerd
    Obese ****
    Nerd
    Geek
    Poofter
    Queer
    Fat queer
    Fat ******
    Fat poofter
    Blobby poofter
    Queer retard
    Gay retard
    Fat retard

Thats off the top of my head. Imagine that every day for 4 years :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Anyone remember "On The Buses" ?

I got Olive a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Used a laptop since second year and got mocked a lot with it. Being called a "retard" and comments being made "I wonder how really stupid he must be to really be using a laptop".

Got called "laptop" a lot. Backfired on one fella one day mocking me for why I didn't bring it in one day, this chap was quite overweight, and I replied he ate it :D. Never have I made a classroom laugh so hard :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Fat
    Fatty
    Chubby
    Fat as a ****ing elephant
    Fatty fatty boom boom
    Blob
    Big blob
    Mr blobby
    Tubby
    Porky
    Piggy
    Lard arse
    Tubby
    Speccy
    Four eyes
    Fat nerd
    Obese ****
    Nerd
    Geek
    Poofter
    Queer
    Fat queer
    Fat ******
    Fat poofter
    Blobby poofter
    Queer retard
    Gay retard
    Fat retard

Thats off the top of my head. Imagine that every day for 4 years :pac:

They called you tubby twice. That's just cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Bob Harris wrote: »

It was that good of an insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

Kids are cruel, like MAD cruel!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

He was that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Fat Asterisks is the worst, I could take anything, but don't call me Fat Asterisks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Oddball

Because I wore odd socks to school once. ONCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭valoren

'My number 1'

Seems innocuous enough. In first year of Secondary School, we did Business Studies but as it was a Gaelscoil it was Staidéar Gnó. I struggled in that first term getting to grips with the duality of reading something in English, trying to understand it, translate it to Irish and learn that off. The stupidity of it looking back. We had our Christmas exam and I failed. Spectacularly. 10% or something ridiculous. It was then that our teacher, who was an arrogant prick, decided to make a show of me in front of the class. He perched himself up on the edge of my desk and casually said that I was his number 1, he made me feel more of an idiot than I already felt and it was completely unnecessary. I guess his approach was to motivate me, to give me a kick up the backside, but it felt more akin to him bullying me, mocking my sh1t exam results that I readily accepted as embarrassing and actually encouraged the other's to laugh at my failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

valoren wrote: »
    'My number 1'

Seems innocuous enough. In first year of Secondary School, we did Business Studies but as it was a Gaelscoil it was Staidéar Gnó. I struggled in that first term getting to grips with the duality of reading something in English, trying to understand it, translate it to Irish and learn that off. The stupidity of it looking back. We had our Christmas exam and I failed. Spectacularly. 10% or something ridiculous. It was then that our teacher, who was an arrogant prick, decided to make a show of me in front of the class. He perched himself up on the edge of my desk and casually said that I was his number 1, he made me feel more of an idiot than I already felt and it was completely unnecessary. I guess his approach was to motivate me but it felt more akin to him bullying me, mocking my acceptably sh1t exam results and actually encouraging the other's to laugh at my failure.

"If you were a girl I'd kiss you" same teacher, not to me, but another lad in the class, then he lost the rag for 10 minutes when one of the lads commented "I'd hope not".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

valoren wrote: »
    'My number 1'

Seems innocuous enough. In first year of Secondary School, we did Business Studies but as it was a Gaelscoil it was Staidéar Gnó. I struggled in that first term getting to grips with the duality of reading something in English, trying to understand it, translate it to Irish and learn that off. The stupidity of it looking back. We had our Christmas exam and I failed. Spectacularly. 10% or something ridiculous. It was then that our teacher, who was an arrogant prick, decided to make a show of me in front of the class. He perched himself up on the edge of my desk and casually said that I was his number 1, he made me feel more of an idiot than I already felt and it was completely unnecessary. I guess his approach was to motivate me, to give me a kick up the backside, but it felt more akin to him bullying me, mocking my sh1t exam results that I readily accepted as embarrassing and actually encouraged the other's to laugh at my failure.

Quality teaching there....

My German teacher once told me (in front of the whole class):
    "Unfortunately Graham... You're just not intelligent enough to learn German"

Well f*ck you ye stupid C*nt

She nearly knocked me off my motorcycle about 5 years later, pulled up beside her... she was all apologetic, I told her she wasn't really wasn't intelligent enough to be driving a Car.
    She didn't recognise me though with the helmet on and she probably says that **** to loads of pupils, so I didn't get the satisfaction out of if that I should have...

Oh well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

For me it all started with a trip to the swimming pool. Afterwards, while getting dressed, someone caught a glimpse of my genitals.
    From then on they were relentless:-

Tripod
    Long John
    Swing Low
    The Swordsman
    Biggus Dickus
    Snake
    Larry Holmes
    The Elephant Man
    etc

Seriously, being fantastically well-endowed has its drawbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Buddy Holly, because of the horn rimmed specs that were the only things you could get as a kid back then.

Ironically, thought to be stylish these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,243 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Called too early in the ****ing morning most of the time...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,401 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There used be so many names floating around school from other pupils/teachers you sort of took no notice of it. If a teacher/student didn't have some sort of nick name for you then there was a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Albino, cos I was ice blonde and fair.

Cheese string, cos I ate them a lot. (at least I hope that's why)

Freckle face.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

A teacher called me a camel because I have long eye lashes, no joke.

And no, I didn't take the hump.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

I was called Santa in my final two years of primary school as I was big, jolly and fat and had the makings of a ronnie.

Didn't actually bother me mind....
    *cries to sleep* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Tail gunner , because I was so pretty looking and effeminate it was assumed I was gay .

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭shovel

A flying ant landed on my forehead in the school yard.
    Cue one of the girls shouting "he's got fleas"
    So fleas it was for then on.
    I'm fine now though.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Oddball

Because I wore odd socks to school once. ONCE.

That's all it takes. I remember on the first day of secondary school, in the first class we had one kids name was called during roll call. His surname was Kennedy and one of the TV stations happened to be showing a season of Edgar Kennedy movies at the time. Some guy chirps, 'Ha, Edgar Kennedy!' and I don't think I ever heard his real first name used again for the next five years.
    The worst thing I remember somebody being called though was Nogger because he had really bad acne.

Advertisement