Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible things you were called at school

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dear Lord what utter cruelty. I was teased a lot and called Aspro for my then surname but we were not cruel like those you have endured,

We had a lad in school called Albert; mentally disabled and with a twisted face, but he was never ridiculed or teased. Teachers used to warn us that if we pulled faces we would end up like Albert.

Such were the 1940s in the rural UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Graces7 wrote: »
    Dear Lord what utter cruelty. I was teased a lot and called Aspro for my then surname but we were not cruel like those you have endured,

We had a lad in school called Albert; mentally disabled and with a twisted face, but he was never ridiculed or teased. Teachers used to warn us that if we pulled faces we would end up like Albert.

Such were the 1940s in the rural UK
    "he was never ridiculed or teased"...but the teachers warned you not to pull faces or you'd end up like him?... mmmmh. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fineso.mom wrote: »
    "he was never ridiculed or teased"...but the teachers warned you not to pull faces or you'd end up like him?... mmmmh. ..

Oh not in front of him! PLEASE! Albert drifted round the school, simply being looked after in an informal way and frankly he would not have understood that anyway. We all knew who Albert was and looked out for him. No idea how old he was or what happened to him. Those were less formal days and no one would have made fun of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Can people just f*ck off with the "Oh my goodness, how could you say that to a child??" bullsh*t?! What exactly were you expecting to find in a thread entitled 'horrible things you were called at school'??

Kids are cruel. Years ago they were crueller. Hence the stories. These days, kids get a sidewards look from a classmate and it's off to therapy with them.

Less faux outrage, a lot less lectures - more hilarious stories of kids with dead parents, please...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Another young lad called Chernobyl because he was such a disaster. Thicko could barely spell. Dropped out before the inter-cert. Even a couple of the teachers called him Chernobyl!

Sounds like you were one of these bullies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Less faux outrage

not from me, I genuinely find some of these stories heartbreaking!

the title didn't say 'funny things you were called'. it says HORRIBLE things.
    I know they are being said by kids, but they are being said TO kids too. I don't find much humour in that

not from me, I genuinely find some of these stories heartbreaking!

the title didn't say 'funny things you were called'. it says HORRIBLE things.
    I know they are being said by kids, but they are being said TO kids too. I don't find much humour in that

Maybe... don't... click on... the thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

I can handle the thread. I can't handle people laughing at nasty things that were said to kids

I can handle the thread. I can't handle people laughing at nasty things that were said to kids

That 'Bruce' story was some funny sh*t :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

One of the weirder ones was that we used to spell our names backward.

Only one ever worked.

Martin Egan

who from that day was christened nage nitram

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

There was another guy in our class in secondary who had a massive pair of man tits.

His name "dolly" dempsey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Homer, if the baby's a boy, what do you think about the name Larry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I was bullied for a few years, but the cunts didn't have the decency to give me a nickname. Disappointing. There was a Japanese exchange student in my class for a while and everyone called him 'Horse' because his name sounded like 'Shergar'. And there was a female teacher called 'Lurch' because she was at least 6ft and had short hair. Oh and people called the vice principal 'Schlong' because his first name was Dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

I was called goofy and then other names like ginger, redser, carrot top all cos of my hair colour. Goofy was the only one that bothered. Got braces when 24 and even now I still don’t really smile in photos......it doesn’t come naturally/easily to me cos I never smiled from a young age but I love my straight teeth 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Paul Pogba wrote: »
    Johnny Tuesday because I missed 2 Monday’s in a row, once.
    Also called stretch, because I was quite tall whilst quite young.

These are both cool nicknames :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

missyb01 wrote: »
    I was called goofy and then other names like ginger, redser, carrot top all cos of my hair colour. Goofy was the only one that bothered. Got braces when 24 and even now I still don’t really smile in photos......it doesn’t come naturally/easily to me cos I never smiled from a young age but I love my straight teeth 😬
    Irish people will pretend that's banter though everyone it's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Killer :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

Centaur

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Went to School with a fella called Toffee, his surname was Highland. I also played football with a chap called sewerage as he had terrible acne and his face was like a scutter fart.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Sexy........

........ those feckin priests

/s

• Advertisement
Advertisement