Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Royal Rumble 2018 Thread *Spoilers***No Betting Talk*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    what i only realised last night was kelly kelly seems like a whole other generation but shes actually the same age as becky and charlotte but kelly debuted in 06

They mentioned she was on the road since she was 19(I think it's 21 now going on what happened to Paige) but she is from another generation of women's wrestlers but age wise yes she the same as the current women.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sirsok wrote: »
    I think that was Trish holding up the number seven, as in the amount of times she was womans champion.

She did the same thing later in the match when she was throwing someone out.

I think she was say 5-2 to Mickie which was her record against her. And hen when she threw Mickie out of the ring, she changed it to 6-2 or something like that. She had an extra finger up when she dumped Mickie out.

Loved Trish's return. Marked hard even though I heavily suspected she was 30. Part of that marking, though, was it meant Steph wasn't winning too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

I have no strong feelings about Rousey either way but I enjoyed this. She seems like a fan and genuinely blown away by getting to be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

AnnualComposedFieldmouse-max-14mb.gif
    You can see Banks struggling not to mark the fcuk out. Dream come true for her I am sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

3zxZCRR.jpg

Molly <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Ember no-selling the arm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Vicki got a good reception which was nice. Always a great character.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched and read through the thread. Would've poseted sooner but then Coulson posted that gif.

Overall I thought both Rumbles overshadowed the other matches, as they should. And I enjoyed both.

For the Ronda bit, it was obvious WWE told her to point the way she did, side on, so they could use the still in PR. And I didn't mind her interrupting since now it keeps the question open of who will Asuka choose to face. I know it was obvious for Nakamura, but still think they should've waited until Smackdown to make the announcement. Maybe even tease him appearing on Raw.
    Also glad Ronda wasn't in the Rumble since everyone kept talking about her being there so would've been anticlimactic.
    And was Alexa even in the ring at the end? Outside of the wide shots, I don't think they showed her half as much as Charlotte.
    Whatever about Reigns (most polarising superstar today), they need to pull the trigger on Sasha's heel turn.
    And enjoyed the returns and NXT appearances. Though is Kairi NXT or not?
    Oh and I was expecting Kelly to have a wardobe malfunction when ones were trying to get her out and she was holding the top rope. Her top was gradually being moved. Not that I noticed, of course.

For the men, I didn't hear Cena as much as everyone here seemed to. Finn did brilliantly and hope they push him. Rey looked in great shape. Don't remember seeing him look like that before. Again, the appearances from the NXT guys went over well. Almas really made a name for himself over the weekend. He must've spent over an hour in the ring overall between Saturday and Sunday. Tough going, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oh and I was expecting Kelly to have a wardobe malfunction when ones were trying to get her out and she was holding the top rope. Her top was gradually being moved. Not that I noticed, of course.

Yeah right. You after the Womens Rumble.

south-park-randy-masturbation.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

missed the entire Styles match cause i got a bit drunk but thankfully sobered up after lol

Enjoyed the rumbles and looking forward to Styles vs Nak

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Looking back, when it gets to the final 4, Cena goes very heel-ish, more so than I have ever seen before. He takes Balor out and just stares at him with such intensity and even hatred. Then Reigns and Cena are standing over Nakumara while the crowd chants for him and he goes "This guy? This guy?" and just starts wailing on him. I know, I know, the likelihood of Cena being heel is slim but....I've never seen Cena come as a close to a heel as that since he went Hustle, Loyalty, Respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Yeah him & Reigns definitely came off as if Nakamura & Balor didn't matter & weren't worthy of being there. Now whether that was meant to foreshadow something or just make it even more of a shock that Nakamura won is anyone's guess but I'm going with the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

x43r0 wrote: »
    Ember no-selling the arm :pac:

First thing I noticed when I saw her. :D:D

The Nal wrote: »
    Yeah right. You after the Womens Rumble.

At least I'm admitting it. :)
    Nah was surprised she was let wrestle like that. Usually if the women have small tops, they usually have 1 or 2 extra layers underneath for plenty of protection from mishaps.
    Same way the guys tend to wear something under their gear

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finn did great, the rumble mvp even though he didn't win, he should have been one of the final 2 and have him win at EC to face Lesnar at WM would be awesome

Loved seeing Hurricane, Rey and Lita back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭briany

The crowds that WWE attract for their big four PPVs plus the RAW after WM just add so much to the atmosphere. They make each person on the card seem 5x bigger than they'd normally be. Crowds like that must be so much fun to perform in front of.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,560 ✭✭✭✭briany

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Finn did great, the rumble mvp even though he didn't win, he should have been one of the final 2 and have him win at EC to face Lesnar at WM would be awesome

Hurricane was a really nice surprise. Only wish he'd had a little more time to do his stuff before being dumped out. Crowd were loving him.

You'd think for someone who is leading the way for the women that Steph would actually do a bit of homework.
    As someone said, Cole set her up to talk about Sarah Logan (who i nearly always call Sarah Bolger for some reason) and she didn't take him up on it. Then when Kairi was Walking the Plank, anyone who had watched her matches since coming to the company would know what was coming. But Steph said about her possibly going to the top rope. I know she could've been caught up in the match but just seemed bad.

Speaking of Kairi, she climbs the ropes from the outside, after going through the ropes, so would being pushed from the turnbuckle count as an elimination? Think I've only seen it happen ones who climb the ropes from inside.

• Advertisement

You'd think for someone who is leading the way for the women that Steph would actually do a bit of homework.
    As someone said, Cole set her up to talk about Sarah Logan (who i nearly always call Sarah Bolger for some reason) and she didn't take him up on it. Then when Kairi was Walking the Plank, anyone who had watched her matches since coming to the company would know what was coming. But Steph said about her possibly going to the top rope. I know she could've been caught up in the match but just seemed bad.

She messed up with Becky as well. Cole said something to Stephanie like "Becky has had a long hard journey to get here" or something like that and Stephanie says "Finn Balor had to convince her to come back to WWE". Making it sound like she had second thoughts about coming back after filming that movie and not when she retired from wrestling a couple of years ago before WWE.

Thought she was awful on commentary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know, watching that Brock "receipt" on Brawn, throwing a full force punch to the side of Browns head in retaliation for a mistake....I actually feel that's a scumbag move of the highest order.

Yeah. Sucks that Brawn inadvertently hurt Brock. Trying to knock Brawn out in response, actively trying to hurt a guy like that, is so hugely unprofessional on Brock part that I'm shocked it's not garnered a more negative reaction...

Yeah he didn't deserve it. Braun may have hit harder than planned but I may have seen through it if it was the knee that made contact.
    That punch may have done a lot more damage and messed up the plans with Braun for the rest of the match.
    Though I think that bit at the end where he went for the pin after the powerslam before getting up and doing a second powerslam was more Kane being out of position than Braun's mistake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know, watching that Brock "receipt" on Brawn, throwing a full force punch to the side of Browns head in retaliation for a mistake....I actually feel that's a scumbag move of the highest order.

Yeah. Sucks that Brawn inadvertently hurt Brock. Trying to knock Brawn out in response, actively trying to hurt a guy like that, is so hugely unprofessional on Brock part that I'm shocked it's not garnered a more negative reaction...

That is old school stuff, if a guy takes liberties on purpose or clumsy/green they get a receipt.

There is more to it with them I'd say.

They have a history as well, as far back to the rumble when Braun stands up from hits and Brock hit him hard to make sure of it.

W25b0ov.gif?noredirect

Then their singles bout was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I enjoyed the show, thought it flew by for the most part. The order of the matches was spot on. Had a few quid on Balor winning so was gutted to see him come out so early! He did very well, that late flurry of moves had my hopes up for a while!
    Was dreading having Stephanie on commentary for the women's rumble. I think she did ok, as in she stayed quite for a lot of it and called it like a fan more than anything. She kept her ego in check for the most part.
    Rousey and Steph shaking hands should have happened before Rousey hit the ring. That pissed me off a bit. Think the closing shot was Asuka scratching her head. :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think we’re going to get Finn and Cena at Mania and Brock Reigns at Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

staying up for this and now having to work late wasnt one of my better ideas

i regret nothing though

One thing that felt off about this show was long haired guy being on the wrong side of the ring and the one with him stuck behind another guy. What happened? They in such a rush to get Takeover tickets that they were a bit late for Rumble?

And I'm sure some people didn't like it, but I enjoyed Carmella in the Rumble with her shouting and screaming and when she ran from Asuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

And I'm sure some people didn't like it, but I enjoyed Carmella in the Rumble with her shouting and screaming and when she ran from Asuka.

That was a great spot.
    I thought that Sasha was fantastic in the Rumble match.
    Alexa looks bored in the closing sequence. Just take a look at any of the photos where Ronda is pointing at the WM sign. Alexa is just staring off into space.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The King is great fun on commentary. Mens Rumble was put together well. Really enjoyable

Advertisement