Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

Njim91 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a recruitment update email there?

Yeah good news

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Anyone else get a recruitment update email there?

Yeah I did, great news about intakes up to June and by the looks of it they’re planning more after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Yeah. Hopefully we get a good bit up the ML!! Hoping for June but would be very tight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Hi all, a few q’s wondering if you guys can help!

I’ve applied first time this year 1810 recruitment so im kinda clueless on the whole process :)

1) - If i get a higher assessment centre score than someone in 1710 who still hasnt been called do i jump in front of them in the merit list?

2) for those in 1710 who got fitness test calls before the assessment centre result in May- when did you receive the invite ? April time?

3) what is the lowest Ac score you know of that has been taken in the 1710 group so far?

I did my assessment centre recently - have no idea how it went! Felt AP’s and roleplays were decent enough but completely ran out of time for report at end - did anyone else mess up the report and still get a decent overall score?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Samrrrrx

The latest email has confused me slightly. The one before this said they were planning on continuing to invite candidates to commence the managed stages. Whereas this email only says they are continuing to progress candidates.
    Anyone any idea if they are still intending on exhausting the whole 1710 list as I’m quite low down

Thanks

• Advertisement

Samrrrrx wrote: »
    The latest email has confused me slightly. The one before this said they were planning on continuing to invite candidates to commence the managed stages. Whereas this email only says they are continuing to progress candidates.
    Anyone any idea if they are still intending on exhausting the whole 1710 list as I’m quite low down

Thanks

From what I can gather, that mail was to confirm that there will be progression post March intake. Starting with the three months outlined. I assume a follow up mail will come closer to may or June. It makes sense from what I've read on this forum for them to keep chipping away at the ML until 1810 candidates become appointable which would be aug/sept

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Starsky1

From what I can gather, that mail was to confirm that there will be progression post March intake. Starting with the three months outlined. I assume a follow up mail will come closer to may or June. It makes sense from what I've read on this forum for them to keep chipping away at the ML until 1810 candidates become appointable which would be aug/sept

Where abouts are you Sam?

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you Sam?

1010- 1030
    Actually received an email from psni not long after posting here that they have reached my merit band to begin the managed stages

Over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Starsky1

Samrrrrx wrote: »
    1010- 1030
    Actually received an email from psni not long after posting here that they have reached my merit band to begin the managed stages

Over the moon!

Congrates. It's a bit of relief.
    Did they say when the pca would be?

Anyone have any luck with emailing vetting to find out if it's cleared? Do they tell you or a blanket response saying that they don't advise candidates on this?

• Advertisement

Congrates. It's a bit of relief.
    Did they say when the pca would be?

Thanks starsky.
    Nope, they just said a pca invite would be sent out in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jalis

I got my PCA date recently there, time for some HIIT I reckon.
    PS I am 780-820

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Jalis wrote: »
    I got my PCA date recently there, time for some HIIT I reckon.
    PS I am 780-820

Do s&c work too! Involves a bit of everything and is tough because you go as hard as YOU can! Forget the time limit and just go full tilt!

Gymshark wrote: »
    Do s&c work too! Involves a bit of everything and is tough because you go as hard as YOU can! Forget the time limit and just go full tilt!

Thank you.
    Do I remember hearing about getting a familiarisation session before the date, or was that a one off occasion for everyone? Do you get a test run at it during this or just a look around?

Thank you.
    Do I remember hearing about getting a familiarisation session before the date, or was that a one off occasion for everyone? Do you get a test run at it during this or just a look around?

Just a walk round. Quite frankly I don’t think it’s overly worthwhile. If you’re unsure do it but if you prepare properly for it you’ll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Ah well jealous

I'm around 900 mark

You will get there.

They seem to be progressing all the time so its looking really good.

The wait is crap but hopefully worth it!😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nova1999

No need to go to the familiarisation, you get a quick look around before it starts and there’s someone running round with you timing you and keeping you right, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mwat17

Hi All
    Merit 650-690. Passed all stages, got vetting and substance mis use cleared about 2 weeks ago.

Really bad timing but I may have to have surgery sometime within the months of April - June.

I'm hoping I'll not be appointed to college until long after June due to my merit postion but I have no idea.

As far as I can work out the 500's aren't in college yet?
    Can anyone tell me if they have had to push back their intake date due to something? What happened? Police is obviously my priority and I am trying my best to plan around it. I don't want this to jeopardise my chances where they start taking from the 1810 and I lose out! I know this has been asked before but I can't bloody work out how to search this thread for those comments. I will be phoning recruitment tomorrow to ask but it's good to hear experiences from yourselves!

I applied for 1810 too. Quite hilariously, that assessment went WAY worse for me second time round. How embarrassing if I fail it in 1810 ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vat19

mwat17 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Merit 650-690. Passed all stages, got vetting and substance mis use cleared about 2 weeks ago.

Really bad timing but I may have to have surgery sometime within the months of April - June.

I'm hoping I'll not be appointed to college until long after June due to my merit postion but I have no idea.

Can anyone tell me if they have had to push back their intake date due to something? What happened? Police is obviously my priority and I am trying my best to plan around it. I don't want this to jeopardise my chances where they start taking from the 1810 and I lose out! I know this has been asked before but I can't bloody work out how to search this thread for those comments. I will be phoning recruitment tomorrow to ask but it's good to hear experiences from yourselves!

I applied for 1810 too. Quite hilariously, that assessment went WAY worse for me second time round. How embarrassing if I fail it in 1810 ha!

They are around the 510 mark at the moment as far as we are aware. You always have the option to defer when offered a place - I suppose it will depend on your recovery time etc.

I rekon, if all continues, they will reach 650 by July depending on attrition and intake sizes.

mwat17 wrote: »
    Hi All

Bit off topic but frustrates me when I see people quite a bit higher in the merit list who have their vetting back and I’m sitting very close to the merit list position they have reached with no vetting back as yet.

Not much stresses me out but this is becoming a source of it for me as I’m busting to get it through for hopefully and April start.

• Advertisement

vat19 wrote: »
    They are around the 510 mark at the moment as far as we are aware. You always have the option to defer when offered a place - I suppose it will depend on your recovery time etc.

I rekon, if all continues, they will reach 650 by July depending on attrition and intake sizes.

Thank you for that vat19. That's a little reassuring that maybe it will have no impact on my place then.

Gymshark wrote: »
    Bit off topic but frustrates me when I see people quite a bit higher in the merit list who have their vetting back and I’m sitting very close to the merit list position they have reached with no vetting back as yet.

Not much stresses me out but this is becoming a source of it for me as I’m busting to get it through for hopefully and April start.

Sorry about that I didn't mean to frustrate anyone! I thought it was helpful to state those parts but I can completely understand how annoying that would be if I was in your position. I did only get my vetting back 2 weeks ago. Hopefully yours isn't too far. I've heard people say before that vetting results are all over the show and some don't get theirs until much later than others even though they are ahead on the merit list and that there's no reason behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

I thought they would be higher than 650 sooner, hopefully the June intake, if they take around 55 each time and they do 3 more intakes for April, May and June that would get them to around 675 if the current number is around 510. They might even be into the low 700’s by June depending on attrition. That’s obviously just my opinion could be very wrong, I’m sure we will have a clearer picture when the next set of calls go out which could be next week.

Is there a significant chance those in the 700+ bands will lose out to 1810 you reckon? I’d hate to go through all PSNI managed stages to be let down, or would they possibly take the higher band 1710 with 1810 round aug/sept?

Is there a significant chance those in the 700+ bands will lose out to 1810 you reckon? I’d hate to go through all PSNI managed stages to be let down, or would they possibly take the higher band 1710 with 1810 round aug/sept?

Managed stages costs a good bit of money to get candidates through (medical, SMT etc) it doesn't make sense financially for psni not to progress candidates that have passed managed stages and essentially throw money down the drain. I reckon the aug/sept will be a mix of the two. The fact that they said they would progress all remaining candidates indicates that they would appoint all who pass. Attrition is still a factor as well. Theyre up to 510 appointed on ML after 7 months of intakes. That's 350 people (50 per squad) which means 160 did not pass all stages. If my calculations are correct :)
    At least I hope that's the case, I'm 720-740 with medical and SMT soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Golfer0011

Another week nearly done and still no vetting. Starting to get frustrated big time. Thought i might be in with a shout of the next set of calls with a merit listing of 560-570 but now beginning to think otherwise!!

Golfer0011 wrote: »
    Another week nearly done and still no vetting. Starting to get frustrated big time. Thought i might be in with a shout of the next set of calls with a merit listing of 560-570 but now beginning to think otherwise!!

You mail or ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 vat19

CML19 wrote: »
    I thought they would be higher than 650 sooner, hopefully the June intake, if they take around 55 each time and they do 3 more intakes for April, May and June that would get them to around 675 if the current number is around 510. They might even be into the low 700’s by June depending on attrition. That’s obviously just my opinion could be very wrong, I’m sure we will have a clearer picture when the next set of calls go out which could be next week.

I had actually wrote June but didn't want to get his / her hopes up ha ha so I edited it.. as their merit band was very vague. But yes I agree!

Hopefully calls Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

I had actually wrote June but didn't want to get his / her hopes up ha ha so I edited it.. as their merit band was very vague. But yes I agree!

Hopefully calls Monday?

Yeah I think so, would be nice to see if they do take higher intakes as people have speculated.
    Where are you roughly on ML?

• Advertisement

CML19 wrote: »

That's a good point. I hope some who get the call mention it here with their rough merits! :)

Is it definitely 55 they take into GV each time?

Advertisement