Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

Congratulations everyone!! Super jel while I'm in work hating life haha!!
    Hopefully they will give everyone an update soon.
    At the start it was only 350 people they were asking for so this could be the last intake!

Everyone who got the call go out and celebrate! It's been a long time coming!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Anyone here low 500s get the call??

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Penny16 wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone!! Super jel while I'm in work hating life haha!!
    Hopefully they will give everyone an update soon.
    At the start it was only 350 people they were asking for so this could be the last intake!

Everyone who got the call go out and celebrate! It's been a long time coming!! :)

I certainly hope it's not the last intake :o plenty people myself included still on the list with pcas and medicals done or pending waiting to for the opportunity. Surely they'll keep taking from this list until 1810 become appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

Njim91 wrote: »
    I certainly hope it's not the last intake :o plenty people myself included still on the list with pcas and medicals done or pending waiting to for the opportunity. Surely they'll keep taking from this list until 1810 become appointable.

I hope so aswell
    I have passed everything just waiting on vetting coming back.
    That's why i hope they give us an update lol it's the unknown is killing me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

680-700
    Just been told this morning I’ve passed SMT, just waiting for confirmation on vetting.

Getting there very slowly but surely lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 VickyDoc

680-700
    Just been told this morning I’ve passed SMT, just waiting for confirmation on vetting.

Getting there very slowly but surely lol

Just got mine aswell! Do you reckon they’ll get anywhere near our merit number?

VickyDoc wrote: »
    Just got mine aswell! Do you reckon they’ll get anywhere near our merit number?

It’s impossible to tell, but I’m sticking with the logic that they wouldn’t waste the time and money to make us appointable and then not use us. I’m just trying to think positive lol

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Brilliant news folks! Exciting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

Table is updated says it’s intention to invite remaining candidates in next 3 months to finish managed stages

RDC1234 wrote: »
    Table is updated says it’s intention to invite remaining candidates in next 3 months to finish managed stages
    Literally just seen this. Fantastic news.

• Advertisement

How is there only 9 people added on to the appointed list?

How is there only 9 people added on to the appointed list?
    Something amiss there. I've no idea where calls finished but I know someone at 500 who got called. I'm going to hazard a guess and say 510 including reserves

It says it was last updated on the 9th jan, maybe they haven’t put the people that have just been called on it yet. Guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

Tom_90 wrote: »
    Something amiss there. I've no idea where calls finished but I know someone at 500 who got called. I'm going to hazard a guess and say 510 including reserves

Oooo, so your believing it now, after accusing me.of being a troll and liar, nice one, well, I look forward to march :)

VickyDoc wrote: »
    It says it was last updated on the 9th jan, maybe they haven’t put the people that have just been called on it yet. Guessing

Right enough didn’t catch on with the date

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Literally just seen this. Fantastic news.

I don't understand how it says "Candidates who have been appointed or have accepted offers - 290" when we know on here that calls went out for up to 480 - 490. And I'm assuming that means they're going to exhaust the list?

Dreamer84 wrote: »

Oooo, so your believing it now, after accusing me.of being a troll and liar, nice one, well, I look forward to march :)
    I don't want to get into this again today. Candidates are appointed in merit order upon completing 5 stages of recruitment. You claim you were getting called when others at 460 etc hadn't been. If you are actually starting in March though for whatever special reason I am genuinely pleased for you. Please bare in mind we have been plagued by trolls on here and it's one of the reasons boards isn't what it used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Njim91 wrote: »
    I don't understand how it says "Candidates who have been appointed or have accepted offers - 290" when we know on here that calls went out for up to 480 - 490. And I'm assuming that means they're going to exhaust the list?

Because of people dropping out etc. There’s 178 out as per table.

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Because of people dropping out etc. There’s 178 out as per table.

It’s because it’s the 9th of jan isn’t fully up to date

The key piece of info is the progressing of the remaining candidates in the next 3 month's. Waiting room will be getting full again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

It’s because it’s the 9th of jan isn’t fully up to date

Yes I’m aware of this. It is also due to attrition.

The key piece of info is the progressing of the remaining candidates in the next 3 month's. Waiting room will be getting full again

Sounds like a good thing.

Sounds like a good thing.
    Has to be. Certainly I'm taking it as good news.

680-700

Just had the email to say my vetting has cleared, officially in the waiting room, very happy indeed

680-700

Just had the email to say my vetting has cleared, officially in the waiting room, very happy indeed

Congrats, hopefully I’m not too far behind you. Just waiting on vetting

Was so quiet for such a long time now it's moving full steam ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wannabe2018

Congrats guys and good luck to the ones next up! See some of you in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

Congrats guys and good luck to the ones next up! See some of you in March!

Happy days, you get March call up Aswell

Yeah it’s great, I reckon the PSNI had some confirmation on funding as they seem to be pushing everyone forward now

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s great, I reckon the PSNI had some confirmation on funding as they seem to be pushing everyone forward now
    Here's hoping. I'm hoping it's my turn next. It's going to be a long wait.

Advertisement