Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

Tom_9090 wrote: »
    Yeah it makes it all the more unbearable to be honest. If calls are over I'll have missed April by a whisker!

Fingers crossed for you, hopefully they go further by the end of the week. It’ll all be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

Guys I need advice 😭
    My merit list is 720-730
    I have a job offer that I applied for a while back ... ,(it is an interal promotion) I would feel silly to turn it down although I also don't want to take the opportunity away from someone else if I leave
    Psni is my main priority but I haven't received my vetting back either
    So I am in a pickle

What would you do?

Anyyyy help would be greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nrm1996

I am 700-710 on the ML. I have just joined this thread and have passed vetting and have medical this week. Can anyone provide any info as to if you think or not there will be a cut off before I am called or if any time scales as to when you think training will begin if I do get called?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Penny16 wrote: »
    Guys I need advice 😭
    My merit list is 720-730
    I have a job offer that I applied for a while back ... ,(it is an interal promotion) I would feel silly to turn it down although I also don't want to take the opportunity away from someone else if I leave
    Psni is my main priority but I haven't received my vetting back either
    So I am in a pickle

What would you do?

Anyyyy help would be greatly appreciated

Pmd you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DragzPure

Hi guys.
    Congrats to everyone getting the call so far!

I have my PCA date coming up and I’m wondering what way the remaining stages are completed?

I thought vetting was the last but I seen a post above that vetting was through before medical.
    Is vettting completion sent via email?

Can anyone advise please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 CML19

DragzPure wrote: »
    Hi guys.
    Congrats to everyone getting the call so far!

I have my PCA date coming up and I’m wondering what way the remaining stages are completed?

I thought vetting was the last but I seen a post above that vetting was through before medical.
    Is vettting completion sent via email?

Can anyone advise please?

The vetting can clear at anytime during the 5 stages,
    You get confirmation by Email.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Vicmc

Hey, my first time messaging on here.
    I'm just wondering roughly how long does it take to hear back whether you have passed your medical or not. Mine is next month

Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Vicmc wrote: »
    I'm just wondering roughly how long does it take to hear back whether you have passed your medical or not. Mine is next month

Thanks x

Mines took roughly a month,then my SMT took about 6 weeks after the medical to come back(but that seems to be a little longer than most people’s)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LKB89

Thanks x

Welcome :)

The medical depends on your circumstances.

If there are any concerns with your medical history in the past 3 years, it can take upto a week to hear back as it needs to be passed with the chief medical examiner.

However, if there are no concerns its usually the next working day.

Mine was passed 45 minutes after I had it because it was close to christmas when I done mine and I suppose they just wanted to get it wrapped up before then lol

Good luck.

Adam261 wrote: »
    Mines took roughly a month,then my SMT took about 6 weeks after the medical to come back(but that seems to be a little longer than most people’s)

Grand thank you very much!

• Advertisement

LKB89 wrote: »
    Welcome :)

The medical depends on your circumstances.

If there are any concerns with your medical history in the past 3 years, it can take upto a week to hear back as it needs to be passed with the chief medical examiner.

However, if there are no concerns its usually the next working day.

Mine was passed 45 minutes after I had it because it was close to christmas when I done mine and I suppose they just wanted to get it wrapped up before then lol

Good luck.

Oh fab!! So hopefully won't be a long wait then. Getting very excited now haha

Thank you very much x

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Thanks x

Got the results of the medical about an hour after leaving the place.

SMT results took about 10 days for me

Got the results of the medical about an hour after leaving the place.

SMT results took about 10 days for me

That's great thanks!
    I like how this part of the process moves quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Peelers

Ladies, Gents

Do we know the approximate merit list number that they got up to, in the last set of calls?

I’m sitting around 660-670. Hoping to be included in the end of March calls, however how likely do you all think that is?

Hello to everyone and I hope you are all not waiting too long!

Good luck and all the best to the 2018 crew, who also may be following this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Starsky1

I know this has prob been answered before but what sizes are the classes each month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cazzie23

I know this has prob been answered before but what sizes are the classes each month?

50 max

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Anyone on here was at pca fam today give a wee shout out to me

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bluesnntwos

Well folks 690-710 - everything passed expect SMT results which I’m fairly confident about passing.

How’s everyone getting on? I assume I’m still a long way off with calls, but where did they get too last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Njim91

Well folks 690-710 - everything passed expect SMT results which I’m fairly confident about passing.

How’s everyone getting on? I assume I’m still a long way off with calls, but where did they get too last time?

When approx did you do your Medical and SMT? And how long after did you get email confirmation on medical? I'm 720-740 so could be a while before I get med results.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jalis

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Anyone on here was at pca fam today give a wee shout out to me

I was going to but decided against it, did you find it useful?

• Advertisement

Jalis wrote: »
    I was going to but decided against it, did you find it useful?

Yeah got a insight to it and got to try few elements a few times definitely worth it , is you pca am or PM

Njim91 wrote: »
    When approx did you do your Medical and SMT? And how long after did you get email confirmation on medical? I'm 720-740 so could be a while before I get med results.

Medical just over a week ago, with results a week later.

Medical just over a week ago, with results a week later.

How long after your pca did you get a medical date

You’ll probably get an email that day with a date for a couple of weeks later.

Has anyone ML600 + received an offer to start yet?

Peelers wrote: »
    Has anyone ML600 + received an offer to start yet?

I don't think so .. I think the highest they got to is 570

Penny16 wrote: »
    I don't think so .. I think the highest they got to is 570

Thank you Penny. Apparently there were offers made yesterday!? Just going by another post, on another thread.

However I am sure a lot of people don’t know about these boards.

Peelers wrote: »
    Thank you Penny. Apparently there were offers made yesterday!? Just going by another post, on another thread.

However I am sure a lot of people don’t know about these boards.

Sorry I am just seeing that .. hopefully they did!!
    Hopefully the website will be updated soon enough put our minds at ease

You get your medical date in the envelope if you pass your PCA on the day

• Advertisement

I know this has been asked before, but I've everything passed now, up to what ML position has been given a date? Thanks in advance

Advertisement