Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Busdriver123

Dreamer84 wrote: »
    I've an idea why maybe but I'd only be speculating

Last thing I wanted was people with a better merit being disheartened

Please enlighten us.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

Tom_90 wrote: »
    For your information I have reported you Dreamer. Seems you are living up to your username. Candidates are appointed in merit order. I know people who are before where you claim to be on the merit list who haven't been called. Nice try though.

Only saw this now,

Very inappropriate, and disgusting tbh, don't believe me, this is the very reason I wasn't gonna say anything,

You are talking nonsense.

Fine, take care and good luck,

Sorry for being honest about getting a call,

I dont need or deserve this

You are talking nonsense.

Ok

Only saw this now,

Very inappropriate, and disgusting tbh, don't believe me, this is the very reason I wasn't gonna say anything,

To justify your special treatment?
    Go on it may help others get in too.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's disgusting. What I think is disgusting is someone who is claiming to be 500-520 claiming they have had the call, which then worries GENUINE applicants in the 480-500 who haven't had the call.

And that's my fault why?

With that kind if maturity towards someone who has no control, doesnt speak volumes about yourself,

We were told factors can affect people's position in the recruitment process,

Nice to see your happy for someone who has applied countless times and has wanted this as a genuine first choice career and not just applying for the sake of it,

Thanks for the support

To justify your special treatment?
    Go on it may help others get in too.

No one said anything about special treatment,

Thanks for your kindness, take care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

In other news, hopefully more calls come later this week to real people waiting on real calls. Please let us all know as calls come :)

And that's my fault why?

With that kind if maturity towards someone who has no control, doesnt speak volumes about yourself,

We were told factors can affect people's position in the recruitment process,

Nice to see your happy for someone who has applied countless times and has wanted this as a genuine first choice career and not just applying for the sake of it,

Thanks for the support

What kind of support are you requiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

Only saw this now,

Oh dear, well that’s embarrassing... Dreamer has been caught out, a clear troll. Best ignore posts from this person from here on.

Big well done to all who got calls, fantastic.

To all the real candidates, keep heads up, list moving nicely for us all 👊

• Advertisement

Only saw this now,

Oh dear, well that’s embarrassing... Dreamer has been caught out, a clear troll. Best ignore posts from this person from here on.

Exactly this

No one said anything about special treatment,

Thanks for your kindness, take care

Well if your ML position has meant you received a call before another fellow candidate with a better ML position who was also appointable, that would equate to special treatment in my humble opinion.

Not really,

Start date given, induction day given, pack sent out,

What's embarrassing is some people's behaviour, and the core values expected as potential constables, some of you should hang your head in shame,

Well if your ML position has meant you received a call before another fellow candidate with a better ML position who was also appointable, that would equate to special treatment in my humble opinion.

Hopefully some of your have a better open mind when yous receive the call,

It's a shame people are behaving like this, especially with what's expected as a police officer,

Anyone starting March. I'll shake your hand and move on from this immaturity,

Good luck tomorrow folks

Ok. Maybe you should give up now having realised so many people have realised that you are telling blatant lies. You are around the same merit as me. I have friends who are under 500 and have been appointable for months also. Why continue with a lie when everyone sees it for exactly that? It is you who should be hanging your head in shame for coming on here and trolling. This means the world to most people. I'm not going to feed the troll further.

As I said, it's one career I've been chasing, a.job I've wanted more than any other,

Tbh, I'm happy and fully deserve it,

Take care, hopefully you get the call to

Good luck

This is the last I'll be posting

I done what has been asked, got call, stated such with rough merit number,

People got abusive, I hope yous behave with better manners when yous get appointed, not the behaviour of potential police officers,

For those accusing me of trolling or lying, that's OK, doesn't bother me,

Look forward to seeing those whom I am on course with

And those waiting, good luck, calls will come

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

As I said, it's one career I've been chasing, a.job I've wanted more than any other,

Tbh, I'm happy and fully deserve it,

Take care, hopefully you get the call to

See to be honest, I agree totally with you! No one on here can determine whether you did or did not receive a call so for them to call you a liar etc isn’t on!

I actually thought the same as you about core beliefs, I wonder if the psni followed these boards would they been questioning those who have called you a liar and so forth. You would be in the same merit position roughly as me and I have no gripe if you have received a call.

I say well done! And maybe some of us will be joining you at some stage.

Gymshark wrote: »
    See to be honest, I agree totally with you! No one on here can determine whether you did or did not receive a call so for them to call you a liar etc isn’t on!

I actually thought the same as you about core beliefs, I wonder if the psni followed these boards would they been questioning those who have called you a liar and so forth. You would be in the same merit position roughly as me and I have no gripe if you have received a call.

That's the maturity and standard if behaviour you'd expect,

Make sure to let me know if you get the call, and sounds like ur into training (all in the name lol)

Good luck

You'll find at point did I call 'dreamer' a liar, I asked if they could explain the reason that they received a call ahead of someone with a better ML position who was also appointable.
    They didn't even attempt to give their suspected reason.
    Now if it is the case that they have received a call ahead of someone, perhaps even yourself.
    Do you think that that is fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Fuxxy

You'll find at point did I call 'dreamer' a liar, I asked if they could explain the reason that they received a call ahead of someone with a better ML position who was also appointable.
    Now if it is the case that they have received a call ahead of someone, perhaps even yourself.

I would like to think that someone in the 450-500 range who has completed everything would be appointed before someone in the 501+ region who has done the same.

If it is true, lucky duck!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

To be perfectly honest I haven’t even considered whether it is fair or not! If he received a call, he received a call. So be it. I can’t change that. You may not have but people are insinuating that he or she is lying. Not exactly right when you can’t confirm if they received a call or not! Either way it mattters not! So as I said if they have, well done and hopefully some of us will join them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

I was called very late on, I was nearly not gonna say as people 460-500 still waiting

Maybe thinks do affect where u are roughly. Idk

Congrats on getting the call, hope you enjoy your week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

Questioning for what? Everyone needs to calm it down a bit here. There’s no offence. It is someone’s assessment of another persons comment. Nothing more. Dreamer if you got a call fair play to you, well done & best of luck, the guys on here we’re working from a logical view that people 30-40 places higher would get calls before yourself, nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, on a more positive note, that’s a successful week for some boardies so let’s be glad of that & see what lies ahead for the rest of us in the months to come.

Hopefully some more calls today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 R2D2345

Got the call 480-490!!

Unreal!!! They have started early. Who is next in line waiting??

Any other lurkers had the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fuxxy

Any other lurkers had the call?

Got the call today as well, so pleased.

• Advertisement

Congratulations! Hopefully they keep calling and break the 500 mark.

Advertisement