Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Still time for them calls. If they go out next week that’s still 6 weeks to March. So wouldn’t be losing faith just yet... I hope

Plus we don’t know the definite start date for March

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hedgehog100

Tom_90 wrote: »
    They won't skip a month and then resume again. If there's no March then that's it. But it's still early days. Calls could still go out next week.

1810 list won’t be ready for appointments until August as I calculate it. July if there’s a fast track and they move very quickly. So even if there no March, they’re not going to miss 4 months worth in between when there’s hundreds of vetted & suitable candidates ready. Sure there was an announcement of £16m extra for psni recruitment recently.

Unfortunately for those 420-600, our time has come around the new financial year so it’s up in the air temporarily. But stay positive it will move because it has to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

They won't skip a month and then resume again. If there's no March then that's it. But it's still early days. Calls could still go out next week.

1810 list won’t be ready for appointments until August as I calculate it. July if there’s a fast track and they move very quickly. So even if there no March, they’re not going to miss 4 months worth in between when there’s hundreds of vetted & suitable candidates ready. Sure there was an announcement of £16m extra for psni recruitment recently.

Unfortunately for those 420-600, our time has come around the new financial year so it’s up in the air temporarily. But stay positive it will move because it has to.
    Not easy to stay positive when you are saying things along the lines of "no calls this week means no march" also GV don't take squads in July.

Not easy to stay positive when you are saying things along the lines of "no calls this week means no march" also GV don't take squads in July.

By my calculation that’s what I think. It’s only a calculation though. All I know is there’s massive pressure to recruit and so every opportunity is bound to be taken to maximise intakes.

There’s probably never been a better time to be beyond 500 on the list. GV may well take squad in July if there’s £16m extra on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RDC1234

Calls could go out next week for March. Be so annoying if the 1710 stops. Especially when it’s cost me money for medical reports etc

• Advertisement

By my calculation that’s what I think. It’s only a calculation though. All I know is there’s massive pressure to recruit and so every opportunity is bound to be taken to maximise intakes.

There’s probably never been a better time to be beyond 500 on the list. GV may well take squad in July if there’s £16m extra on the table.

Are your calculations assuming the March start date? We don’t know what it is yet. Also there’s people over 600 appointable on the list.

RDC1234 wrote: »
    Calls could go out next week for March. Be so annoying if the 1710 stops. Especially when it’s cost me money for medical reports etc

They’re not going to stop it for people 400 odd after sending progressions for up to near 800 last week! :)

I can't see them stopping. I think they will take from 1710 until 1810 become appointable. They have recently just sent out new pca dates to 700-800 on the merit list so it's not stopping anytime soon. 1710 was fast tracked because GV was empty. I dont think they will fast track 1810 when they will have plenty of appointable people on 1710. No one knows though it's all speculation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

I reckon Calls will go out Monday next week. No point worrying. There’s no way they would bin all these people who have passed all stages. Why waste time and money? And still be offering pca dates to the end numbers of the ML. The 1810 are just starting AC so there’s a good while before they will be anywhere near ready.

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Are your calculations assuming the March start date? We don’t know what it is yet. Also there’s people over 600 appointable on the list.

It was just something someone told me about start dates but shouldn’t discuss start dates in great detail for security. Yea when I said 500+, I was including those 600+ and beyond.

We still have 4 days left including today of this week so keep heads up

• Advertisement

It was just something someone told me about start dates but shouldn’t discuss start dates in great detail for security. Yea when I said 500+, I was including those 600+ and beyond.

We still have 4 days left including today of this week so keep heads up

Yeah of course not I wasn’t asking for particular dates. we are all probably aware of the start date due to previous intakes, but it can be changed.

I’m fine, not worried at all, just wish people would calm it with the negativity for this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

I put my phone down for a few hours and come back to this lol. As eslow said they have not got confirmation of how many they can take for march, that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

It will happen I'm sure(my opinion not fact) and as they see it there is still plenty of time for them to let people know and for people to work their notice be it 2 weeks or 4. Breathe tom lol

Ze0tech wrote: »
    I put my phone down for a few hours and come back to this lol. As eslow said they have not got confirmation of how many they can take for march, that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.

It will happen I'm sure(my opinion not fact) and as they see it there is still plenty of time for them to let people know and for people to work their notice be it 2 weeks or 4. Breathe tom lol
    I'm breathing dude don't worry, it's still 5-10 weeks away for me. I'd swap you guys in a heartbeat.

Hanflan wrote: »
    Hey! I am just new to this post. I am merit position 250 to 300. I was told there would be some news in January but i am just waiting by the phone at the minute! Has anyone had any news?
    You've missed the boat by about 2 months. They are into the 400s now

You've missed the boat by about 2 months. They are into the 400s now

No i had a vetting interview in December because i had applied and got through for constable and admin! So hopefully that's a good sign then if they are in the 400s i will hear soon!
    A vetting interview?

Edit

With your merit you will be the first call. Please let us know when you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

I don't remember any maths. Or much of the IST to be honest it was November 2017 sometime.. Feels like a long time ago now! Biggest struggle was the physical aspect as it was definitely one of the warmest says we had in "our Summer". Happy i got through it okay! Fingers crossed we hear soon. My job needs 4 weeks notice 😔

Don't shoot me, but most people in same boat, me, I done mine between two 12 hour night shifts, had a bar of chocolate and juice for "breakfast", haven't trained for around 4 months at the time, and I'm certainly not fit, but that by no means people should find hard imo,

I think the fitness test should be hard, bleep test, repetition tests or something to actually test people, people should be just as physically appt Aswell as mentally,

From start to finish I done think they get the best people for the job, it suits smart graduates with maybe no life experience ect,

Is what it is,

If your struggling fitness wise, get on it, that doggy agility course should be a doddle, if you or anyone need help I'm more than happy if I can

Dreamer84 wrote: »
    Don't shoot me, but most people in same boat, me, I done mine between two 12 hour night shifts, had a bar of chocolate and juice for "breakfast", haven't trained for around 4 months at the time, and I'm certainly not fit, but that by no means people should find hard imo,

I think the fitness test should be hard, bleep test, repetition tests or something to actually test people, people should be just as physically appt Aswell as mentally,

From start to finish I done think they get the best people for the job, it suits smart graduates with maybe no life experience ect,

Is what it is,

If your struggling fitness wise, get on it, that doggy agility course should be a doddle, if you or anyone need help I'm more than happy if I can

I’m sure most people are not in the same boat. I personally found the pca difficult and was just glad to pass first time. I trained for months leading up to it too. I wish I was naturally as fit as you it seems. Also, I know a lot of people that are the ‘graduate type’ that have failed at different stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

Completely agree! Nothing can ever prepare you fully for that kind of test. It's not like there is a circuit like that in the gym! And i know plenty that failed it. So we should be happy with how far we have come!

I don’t usually post but if you do a mixture of running and conditioning training instead of just running, like most seem to do, you will fly through it. It’s hard because it’s a maximal test. You go as hard as YOU can so even for “fit” people it should be hard. That’s if you want to get as good a time as possible. Otherwise you could cruise it if you are fit for the exercise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Dreamer84

Gymshark wrote: »
    I don’t usually post but if you do a mixture of running and conditioning training instead of just running, like most seem to do, you will fly through it. It’s hard because it’s a maximal test. You go as hard as YOU can so even for “fit” people it should be hard. That’s if you want to get as good a time as possible. Otherwise you could cruise it if you are fit for the exercise!

I'm by no means fit, crap at running, weigh close to 100kg and quite short,

But yes, pushing yourself on any maximal test will exhaust you, but a test like that for the employment role, I don't think you should struggle,

You'll find that most of those who struggled, will ease of negatively when employed, which is why theres such a negative stigma with the psni,

People should be fit, robust and physically capable for the role throughout their career,

But, that's the standard set, and everyone here deserves to be so, but from an observation I just didn't like what I saw,

Those saying there's stuff u can't prepare for, isn't that the point, the possibilities expected of you day to day are endless,

Those who do struggle with fitness, I wish there was a way I could genuinly help, I've helped numerous people get into the military when they've been failing their physical tests Badly,

As stated, just because u can run good, doesn't mean you are all round fit,

You need a balance of strength and stamina, if your good at running, get a PT and hit the gym more, compound movements and Conditioning circuits,

If your strong and not fit, get running and do some hiit training, it's about balance,

I'm happy to help anyone

Delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Dreamer84 wrote: »

Is what it is,

What sort of time did you get in PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

Don't mean to change the subject but ....

Anyone here in late 600s that have heard back from vetting or anything? Or know how long it takes from the medical for you to be told you are in the waiting room?

I am getting so impatient... I wish they would send out an update email of what's happening.
    Do you think if I email them and ask I they will tell me?

Penny16 wrote: »

Anyone here in late 600s that have heard back from vetting or anything? Or know how long it takes from the medical for you to be told you are in the waiting room?

I am getting so impatient... I wish they would send out an update email of what's happening.

Hiya, I am between 600-630 and waiting to hear back from vetting. It’s unique to each individual it seems but hopefully we will hear soon. They will email you once your vetting is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭nickolatte94

Penny16 wrote: »

I’m 680-700 just had my medical recently, still waiting for smt results and haven’t heard from vetting yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Penny16

I’m 680-700 just had my medical recently, still waiting for smt results and haven’t heard from vetting yet

Aww thank you! Hopefully we will hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Gymshark

TW2017 wrote: »
    What sort of time did you get in PCA?

I ran it in 3 mins 2 if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Gymshark wrote: »
    I ran it in 3 mins 2 if that helps

Rapid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

I am by no means a regular gym user but cycle when I can.im 6’4” weigh 98kg and trained properly for a few months in the run up, but still had a beer when I felt like it,and passed the PCA with a time of 3 min 20.

And to be honest I don’t feel the process is geared towards graduates.
    I’m a graduate in a fairly tough degree,I did average in the AC and so I’m 500-540 on merit list.
    The whole process is weighted towards those with moderate intelligence(to pass IST) but who are good wafflers and can do well at AC and so place highly on the merit list.

Advertisement