Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your doppelgänger?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

A bigger dicked Michael Fassbender myself.

The way these threads go, barely concealed humblebrags...Or just pure lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Remember that thing on Facebook, maybe five years ago, where people would change their profile picture to their supposed doppelgänger. It was cringeworthy. Half the time, you’d be thinking “You do in your hoop look like him/her”.

See also: this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Ficheall

The Know Your Lookalikes thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055246035&page=350 was more entertaining..

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

Birneybau wrote: »
    A bigger dicked Michael Fassbender myself.

The way these threads go, barely concealed humblebrags...Or just pure lies.

Tell me about it, ego's gone mad.

Anyway, picture Brad Pitt dipped in the essence of pure God and youre halfway to imagining me.

But I do have a smile that temporarily blinds people, so I know what its like to be less than perfect too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I used to look a bit like a young Shay Given. Blade 3 all over with a bit of a widow's peak in the middle.

Since then I've grown my hair and my beard. Last summer I had 2 girls ask me for a selfie because they thought I looked like Hozier. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I've been told I look like Tyrone from coronation street.

A girl in work with was once told that she looked like Fizz from Coronation Street.

She was less than impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Tigger wrote: »
    Adam Baldwin from aliens

?

Adam Baldwin wasn't in Aliens.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

DrPhilG wrote: »
    ?

Adam Baldwin wasn't in Aliens.

He played the part of an m41a pulse rifle, , ten millimetre with over-and-under thirty millimetre pump action grenade launcher.

There's a blooper near the end where ripley is descending in the lift, for the briefest of moments Adam Baldwin's face can clearly be seen peering out of the barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

My dad is unwell in hospital at the moment and is gone a bit 'funny' due to the medications.

When my mam was leaving today, he leans in real close and says to her... "you're a dead ringer for"......

And my mam was like - who?

And he goes - "Harrison Ford".... :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Wurly wrote: »
    My dad is unwell in hospital at the moment and is gone a bit 'funny' due to the medications.

When my mam was leaving today, he leans in real close and says to her... "you're a dead ringer for"......

And my mam was like - who?

And he goes - "Harrison Ford".... :pac::pac::pac:

Did she pull the plug?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

cantdecide wrote: »
    I used to work in a large contact centre and there was a guy that worked on another account on a different floor but I kept bumping into him in the canteen and in the gents and so on. I knew there was this mutual understanding of the situation and coworkers kept telling me about my doppelganger. This was going on for months and I found it embarrassing.

i've yet to come across a celeb like me, but i'd a similar situation to this.

there was a fella working in the local supermarket that was so like me, it was like we were brother and sister twins.
    both have long limbs, same shaped face, same way if carrying ourselves.
    we'd different colour eyes but they still looked the same, maybe the same shape or just how we use them i don't know.
    i dont know if he noticed it but i'd imagine he did.

a few of the neighbours were mad about him too and i could see the attention he got in the shop from the girl staff and customers.

now ive been mammying for nearly 9yrs so i'm a burnt out version of him :P
    he's a lot more fresh faced than me:(

but a very uncomfortable situation anyway, i don't even look that similar to my own family

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

About 15 years ago I was in Rome on holiday, I wanted one of those funny cartoon drawings that they do of people so I was sitting in front of the fella in some sort of piazza, well there he was doodling away and after a while I noticed a group of teenagers gathering behind me and giggling and pointing at me. Snot on nose, nope, zip on pants open, nope, no other signs of things that could be an embarrassment in public, so I sat on. Eventually one of the wee lassies came over and said "Ex cuus a mee, but ara you a Courtney Cox, from a Friends"

I am and me arse I said (to myself). Why yes, Yes I am, I said to her and for the next 4O minutes I got my photo taken, signed autographs and smiled and told them tales of how me and Jen were besties.

I am dark like her and if you squinted with one eye closed and the other eye half blind from a distance behind a curtain, sure I might look like her. But these kids seemed to think I was the spits of her, Im sure when they went home and developed their pictures they went "who the f@@k is yer one"

Sometimes the divilment takes over and you just have to go with the flow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Mostly get compared to Scarlet Johannson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

People who have doppelgänger in their local areas, have you ever wondered about your paternity?? Occam's razor and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Birneybau wrote: »
    See also: this thread.

True but the difference here is that I don’t know what any of the thread-contributors look like so can’t judge them mercilessly. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

I used to get told I look like my da even though I'm adopted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

when David gray was very famous I was asked for an autograph a few times and had a barmaid insist on buying my pint refusing to believe I wasn't him so I guess there must be a resemblance.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

I've got told a few times I look like Ellen Page but I don't think I look like her really. Nowhere near as pretty but it's nice to hear anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I've got told a few times I look like Ellen Page but I don't think I look like her really. Nowhere near as pretty but it's nice to hear anyway.

I had to google her to see who she was

I was told i look like the main elf in lord of the rings many time when that was in the cinemas. Had long hair then i suppose anyone could

• Registered Users Posts: 60,377 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Manic Nic Cage

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ive been told a few times i look like Samir Nasri
    Each time it makes me a little sadder :(

Wow after reading through this, there is a whole lot of liars on this Island

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Ive had to google most people that are mentioned here.

I remember when i was sitting the leaving cert i did look like a guy in a picture in our history book. It was spotted by someone in the class and it was the running piece of humour for that fella for about 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sh!teinabucket

Stephen avery of making a murderer fame/infamy.

Absolutely a dead ringer of his mug shot in the prison jumpsuit from donkeys years ago when I have the beard grown out.).was told 5 times in the one night in Dublin cc in three different pubs "sorry but do you know who you look like?"

Yes,yes I do. thank you for reminding me I'm the spitting image of a possible rapist murderer...again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I've actually been told I look like inanimate objects a lot. A spoon, a pineapple, and one time in school a girl told me she cut her toenail in a particular shape that reminded her of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

I've been told I look like Malcolm X even though I'm white. Strange thing is I see it myself. I'm happy anyway as he is someone I have a lot of respect for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Freddy Krueger today

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Brad Clooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

DrPhilG wrote: »
    A girl in work with was once told that she looked like Fizz from Coronation Street.

She was less than impressed.

Yeah, spare a thought for those who are not happy with the person they are likened to. As a teenager in the 90s, my sister was frequently compared to Ricki Lake. She was not happy.

I hesitated recently before telling someone she looked like Marie from Breaking Bad. She seemed pleased enough with the comparison though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,102 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Yeah, spare a thought for those who are not happy with the person they are likened to. As a teenager in the 90s, my sister was frequently compared to Ricki Lake. She was not happy.

I hesitated recently before telling someone she looked like Marie from Breaking Bad. She seemed pleased enough with the comparison though!

Thank God she wasn't upset, otherwise you'd have to look at this...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Betsy Brandt rocks minerals

Advertisement