Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your doppelgänger?

Options
  • 25-11-2017 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Do people say you look like someone famous? Have you heard any names more than once?

I've been to three work conferences in the past two weeks and got told I look like Sheryl Sandberg from Facebook twice, by totally random people. Besides that I've heard everyone from Helena Bonham Carter to Christina Ricci to"Stacey from Eastenders" to some girl called Rachel from Tipperary that seems to be a mutual acquaintance that I seemed to remind people of :confused:

Who's your doppelgänger?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Been told my several people I look like Sam Rockwell. Was also sent a picture of Daniel Radcliffe that looked like me!

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Once, a long long time ago, someone said I look like Tom Cruise. More recently, when I grew a beard, I was told I look like Peter Sutcliffe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Archeron

Marty Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

McLovin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I've been told I look like a young Marilyn Monroe....kinda weird since I'm a 45yo man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I seem to have a familiar face because people have said that to me a lot, or thought I was someone that they knew. I've been told that I look like Christina Ricci and Alicia Keys, but to be honest I'd be an uglier version of them! My missus tells me that I look like an egg :D Someone once told me that I look like Katherine Heigl but I can't see the resemblance at all to be honest. Probably just trying to get the ride :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Dmitry Medvedev

Or so I've been told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Me and my doppelganger look nothing alike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Mary Harney a few times I got.

Oh and Shane Byrne once!!!

Deffo NOT trying to get the ride there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Santa Auzina

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I don't think I look like any of them but with dark hair Ive been told that I look like one of The Coors and another one was Honey from Eastenders :/

I was also told I looked like Christina Ricci but it was when I had very dark hair, a bit too dark and they said I looked like Wednesday from The Adams Family :)

As a blonde, someone said that I looked like "a better looking version of Ellie Goulding"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Here's mine.

david-trimble-9510420-1-402.jpg

I sadly must admit that when I had more hair and wore glasses it's kinda accurate.

Only other person I look a lot like is my mother.

So I look like a woman or an old ginger politician. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Been told Emma Watson a few times, would love to believe it because she's gorgeous but I really can't see it.
    Been told Nicole Kidman too. Can see that a bit, not as happy bout that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

I get Jessica Jones all the time and it's bloody hilarious because people have no idea just how ironic it is :D I once went on a date with a dude who had this whole JJ fantasy in his head by the end of it.

I'm pretty sure it's down to the dark hair+big eyes, my favourite (fake) leather jacket and massive scarves, my amazeballs cyber investigative skills, and that I err on the side of being blunt as fcuk.

Yknow, rather than simply being sh1t hot.

But... I'll take it! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Some people think I have the demenor of Francis Brennan. I can see this OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

VKeqray.gif

It's happening again.

It's happening...again.

But all jokes aside, apparently I look like Dale Cooper lol.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

If the Know Your Lookalikes thread in CPVL is anything to go by I resemble Francis Brennan, Boris Johnson and Andy from Little Britain (I’m a woman btw) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

If the Know Your Lookalikes thread in CPVL is anything to go by I resemble Francis Brennan, Boris Johnson and Andy from Little Britain (I’m a woman btw) :D

You mean a laydeeeee!!!

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So I look like a woman or an old ginger politician. Yay.

Mind you my wife looks like her old bald uncle. Not sure which is worse.

Painting a really pretty picture of us here... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Oh yeah I forgot, my sister's boyfriend has always told me that I look like Stevie from "Malcolm in the Middle" :D

I have a lung problem so I have an inhaler, I also have a big forehead and glasses and I had bad teeth as a teenager :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Mind you my wife looks like her old bald uncle. Not sure which is worse.

My entire family on both sides kept reminding me how much I looked like my grand-uncle "Father Joe" who was a generic looking grey aul fella until I was about 15. Way to give a girl a complex

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Apparently I'm very like Russel Crowe. (I have even been interrupted whilst in a restaurant eating dinner with my wife by someone to tell me this)

I don't see it myself.

And no. I'm going to post a picture of my self for comparison. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Im fat Matt Damon...apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭TheDavester

When i was younger and clean shaven, a ginger, Michael Owen....

Edit...and once I got a couple of women who came up to me in cork on a night out thinking I was Gavin James (he happened to do a gig that night) and amused my mates

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I keep getting Walter White - the baldy/ goatee era (although I have a reddish beard) and I wear specs...

The two I constantly get are Anna Kendrick and Keira Knightley. I'm darker than Knightley but am thin and sound similar, and am small and slight like Kendrick with the same long dark hair. The two don't look alike so I probabl look somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Gemma Craven - does anyone even remember her?

My brother has been asked for his autograph on occasion due to his resemblance to Patrick Kielty.

That's going back a few years when he was younger and Kielty was more relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The guy from x men.
    The guy from shameless
    The guy from the last king of Scotland
    The guy from atomic blonde.
    The girl from filth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I have a lung problem so I have an inhaler, I also have a big forehead and glasses and I had bad teeth as a teenager :p

Pm sent ;)

Advertisement