Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Ireland V Argentina, 25th Nov 2017, KO: 17:30 Irish time (GMT), RTE2 and Sky Sports

«13456711

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ The Caveman


    Going to the game, really looking forward to it...


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 irishfan9


    So begins the James Ryan era, long may it last.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle




  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Neil3030


    Cummiskey's piece suggests management were very smart, and tried to get the niggle out of lads' systems on some academy fodder during the week:
    “Training got a bit feisty,” smiled Iain Henderson. “But it was good. Couple of young guys in from Leinster’s Academy were in and they were riling boys up to high doe. A few boys rose and reacted, let’s say.”

    Smart move because the Pumas can be absolute fecks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭ Interested Observer


    irishfan9 wrote: »
    So begins the James Ryan era, long may it last.

    Stop writing off Devin Toner.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭ Teferi


    Out of interest, anyone know what was the sexiest/most effort ever put into a table on a match thread?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Cummiskey's piece suggests management were very smart, and tried to get the niggle out of lads' systems on some academy fodder during the week:



    Smart move because the Pumas can be absolute fecks.

    Apparently one of them wore a Rob Howley mask and every time Sean O'Brien walked by he burst into tears.

    Another followed POM around all day asking if he had left anything in the dressing room.

    One of them really pissed off Aki by calling him 'Project-boy' all day and the one that actually went to blows was Harry Byrne from St.Michaels wore a 'Big Foot' mask and kept tackling Iain Henderson off the ball shouting:

    "IT's HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS"


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ arsebiscuits1


    Stop writing off Devin Toner.

    I don't think anyone is writing him off.

    But Ryan has 10 years on big Dev. All going well, there will be a time where Dev has retired and Ryan approaches his peak


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    Teferi wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone know what was the sexiest/most effort ever put into a table on a match thread?

    Two very different questions here.

    I remember someone really struggling with a table once and I think jolly-hipster had to step in and fix it for them. This was probably the most effort anyone put in simply because it took them so many tries.

    Beyond that - I was particularly proud of a table I did for a wolfhounds game that showed how many of the Ireland squad had previously been approached by Toulouse.

    Was it Thomond recently that had the wrong team in the table? Edinburgh instead of Glasgow.

    Might have been Molloy again actually!


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    I don't think anyone is writing him off.

    But Ryan has 10 years on big Dev. All going well, there will be a time where Dev has retired and Ryan approaches his peak

    Ryan is more mobile and looks like he can offer more around the park.
    Hopefully he will end up being Ireland's answer to Brody Retallick.
    Likely future captain given his history so far of leading teams and key position so always going to be picked.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Neil3030


    And don't Michaels have another monster coming through the ranks? Nulty or something? Where do they find these guys?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former


    glasso wrote: »
    Ryan is more mobile and looks like he can offer more around the park.
    Hopefully he will end up being Ireland's answer to Brody Retallick.
    Likely future captain given his history so far of leading teams and key position so always going to be picked.

    Ah, grand. I was worried he might be getting too much hype.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭ molloyjh


    Venjur wrote: »
    Two very different questions here.

    I remember someone really struggling with a table once and I think jolly-hipster had to step in and fix it for them. This was probably the most effort anyone put in simply because it took them so many tries.

    Beyond that - I was particularly proud of a table I did for a wolfhounds game that showed how many of the Ireland squad had previously been approached by Toulouse.

    Was it Thomond recently that had the wrong team in the table? Edinburgh instead of Glasgow.

    Might have been Molloy again actually!

    I don't know what you're talking about.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    molloyjh wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about.

    Found it - it was you

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105027094

    Jesus that was a shambles. I under performed in work for like 3 weeks after reading that match thread. Did you shave your beard before you wrote it or something?


  • Registered Users Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭ molloyjh


    Venjur wrote: »
    Found it - it was you

    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105027094

    Jesus that was a shambles. I under performed in work for like 3 weeks after reading that match thread. Did you shave your beard before you wrote it or something?

    Looking at the OP there the table is perfectly fine. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no recollection of that etc etc.


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Venjur wrote: »
    Another followed POM around all day asking if he had left anything in the dressing room.
    If I was drinking coffee when I read this, I'd have sucked up half a cup full. :D

    Funny AF. :cool:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 irishfan9


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    And don't Michaels have another monster coming through the ranks? Nulty or something? Where do they find these guys?

    Two.

    Jack Dunne 6'7 under 20
    Ryan Baird 6'6 under 18

    Somewhere in south dublin


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    irishfan9 wrote: »
    Two.

    Jack Dunne 6'7 under 20
    Ryan Baird 6'6 under 18

    Somewhere in south dublin

    Some massive postman doing the Ailsbury route back in the late 90's left quite the lasting impression!


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Neil3030


    Venjur wrote: »
    Some massive postman doing the Ailsbury route back in the late 90's left quite the lasting impression!

    0f97144d5ed8b55964baecc9b2c31952--patrick-ewing-patrick-obrian.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    0f97144d5ed8b55964baecc9b2c31952--patrick-ewing-patrick-obrian.jpg

    Two pints, eh two pints - two pints, there you go.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭ thomond2006


    Teferi wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone know what was the sexiest/most effort ever put into a table on a match thread?

    My previews are so good...I don't need a table. :cool:


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 Former Former


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    0f97144d5ed8b55964baecc9b2c31952--patrick-ewing-patrick-obrian.jpg

    Ah yes, who could forget Patrick "The Mailman" Ewing?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭ Yeah_Right


    Ah yes, who could forget Patrick "The Mailman" Ewing?

    Not sure if you're joking. You are joking right?


  • Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭ Buer


    Ah yes, who could forget Patrick "The Mailman" Ewing?

    ಠ_ಠ


  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo


    Standards have slipped here. :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭ aloooof


    Postman Pat...rick Ewing?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Neil3030


    A tall guy, nicknamed the mailman... I figured that one pretty much explains itself? What am I missing here?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,648 ✭✭✭ aloooof


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    A tall guy, nicknamed the mailman... I figured that one pretty much explains itself? What am I missing here?

    Karl Malone was nicknamed the mailman.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,225 ✭✭✭✭ Venjur


    Neil3030 wrote: »
    A tall guy, nicknamed the mailman... I figured that one pretty much explains itself? What am I missing here?

    Maybe the fact that James Ryan might just be the palest human in existence...!

    He can't even get a proper tan. He once looked like he had sunburn on his shoulders but they were just red from carrying Munster in that game.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Neil3030


    aloooof wrote: »
    Karl Malone was nicknamed the mailman.

    If anyone needs my head for the foreseeable future it will be hanging in the deepest shame. :(


Advertisement