Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland V Argentina, 25th Nov 2017, KO: 17:30 Irish time (GMT), RTE2 and Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Neck roll on Aki at the ruck?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

Billy86 wrote: »
    Uuuuuuuhhhh, anyone wanna fill me in on this deep seated Ireland/Argentina historical feud and bad blood I only just learned about 20-30 seconds ago!? :confused:

In 1845 an Argentinian ship filled with non-blighty potatoes sailed up the Atlantic as far as Cork harbour, set the anchor a few metres off the quay walls and then the captain made the starving peasants beg him to dock. They reluctantly submitted to this humiliating entreaty but then the captain started laughing in a most cruel manner and then raised anchor and sailed back to Argentina.

Relations between the two countries have never been the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Our scrum is so weak with Ryan and Kilcoyne

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ha, fair point! I wouldn't go putting it as bad blood though, just thought it was worded very strangely. Had me curious if we'd gone an knicked the Falklands when nobody was looking or something.

There’s bad blood because they used to be an extremely “physical” team who weren’t huge fans of the rule book and some of the games were incredibly dirty. Hasn’t been forgotten yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

No arms from Kearney?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

We actually have had a great influence on Argentinian history and agriculture...

For example the Argentian navy was founded by an Irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Clegg wrote: »
    No arms from Kearney?

Not even a little bit but it was a try so nobody cares

Does the 15 point margin do anything for us on the rankings? I assume that's what they're after with this kick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Clegg wrote: »
    No arms from Kearney?

Looked like it first time but from the other angle it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Good choice to take the points, 3 score game

• Advertisement

Does the 15 point margin do anything for us on the rankings? I assume that's what they're after with this kick

No, makes no odds but 16 points > 2 converted tries.

Tracy has now played loosehead, hooker and blindside for Ireland (including u20)

It takes two people to tackle stander every time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭leakyboots

CJ is everywhere today

I like this Argentinian team

There's no way he was on his feet when he picked that ball back up? How did the ref not penalise Argentina on their own line?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,667 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Delighted for Stockdale winning motm.

In fairness half a dozen players could've won it. Would've given it to Kearney myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

That was a fantastic break form Argentina..had us in all sorts of trouble

edit:. Winger deserved that try ...well done

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

Wtf?! How was that not a completed tackle on the line and the guy just pulled the ball back in and got up again?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Poor finish by Ireland

• Advertisement

Ref made a massive error there. Missed a forward pass also.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Schmidt fit for a lot of that half

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

There's no way he was on his feet when he picked that ball back up? How did the ref not penalise Argentina on their own line?
    It was the clearest penalty you will ever see and I'm astounded it was missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Tmo is quiet now though isn't he.

Awful decision making from the officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That was comical, absolutely no idea how the ref didn't blow for that. Player held in the tackle, lost possession and when he saw it was gonna get turned over says f it might as well just grab the ball again and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I was waiting for it to be called back. No way that wasn't a penalty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

It would but we are so far ahead in the rankings that a win or a win greater than 15 points has no effect on our ranking points. We will however rise to 3rd in the world due to Australia's loss.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭fitz

That could really have been a penalty try. Isolated player with two Irish players standing over him about to take the ball, and he not only pulls the ball back in to protect it, but stands up again? Ridiculous.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I was waiting for it to be called back. No way that wasn't a penalty.

TMO can't intervene on things like that afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Baffling from the ref, inconsequential to the game but you'd be livid if, say, Conway got injured covering back you'd be livid.

Advertisement