Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland V Argentina, 25th Nov 2017, KO: 17:30 Irish time (GMT), RTE2 and Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

Going to the game, really looking forward to it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

So begins the James Ryan era, long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Cummiskey's piece suggests management were very smart, and tried to get the niggle out of lads' systems on some academy fodder during the week:
    “Training got a bit feisty,” smiled Iain Henderson. “But it was good. Couple of young guys in from Leinster’s Academy were in and they were riling boys up to high doe. A few boys rose and reacted, let’s say.”

Smart move because the Pumas can be absolute fecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

irishfan9 wrote: »
    So begins the James Ryan era, long may it last.

Stop writing off Devin Toner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Out of interest, anyone know what was the sexiest/most effort ever put into a table on a match thread?

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Cummiskey's piece suggests management were very smart, and tried to get the niggle out of lads' systems on some academy fodder during the week:

Smart move because the Pumas can be absolute fecks.

Apparently one of them wore a Rob Howley mask and every time Sean O'Brien walked by he burst into tears.

Another followed POM around all day asking if he had left anything in the dressing room.

One of them really pissed off Aki by calling him 'Project-boy' all day and the one that actually went to blows was Harry Byrne from St.Michaels wore a 'Big Foot' mask and kept tackling Iain Henderson off the ball shouting:

"IT's HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Stop writing off Devin Toner.

I don't think anyone is writing him off.

But Ryan has 10 years on big Dev. All going well, there will be a time where Dev has retired and Ryan approaches his peak

Teferi wrote: »
    Out of interest, anyone know what was the sexiest/most effort ever put into a table on a match thread?

Two very different questions here.

I remember someone really struggling with a table once and I think jolly-hipster had to step in and fix it for them. This was probably the most effort anyone put in simply because it took them so many tries.

Beyond that - I was particularly proud of a table I did for a wolfhounds game that showed how many of the Ireland squad had previously been approached by Toulouse.

Was it Thomond recently that had the wrong team in the table? Edinburgh instead of Glasgow.

Might have been Molloy again actually!

I don't think anyone is writing him off.

But Ryan has 10 years on big Dev. All going well, there will be a time where Dev has retired and Ryan approaches his peak

Ryan is more mobile and looks like he can offer more around the park.
    Hopefully he will end up being Ireland's answer to Brody Retallick.
    Likely future captain given his history so far of leading teams and key position so always going to be picked.

• Advertisement

And don't Michaels have another monster coming through the ranks? Nulty or something? Where do they find these guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

glasso wrote: »
    Ryan is more mobile and looks like he can offer more around the park.
    Hopefully he will end up being Ireland's answer to Brody Retallick.
    Likely future captain given his history so far of leading teams and key position so always going to be picked.

Ah, grand. I was worried he might be getting too much hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Two very different questions here.

I remember someone really struggling with a table once and I think jolly-hipster had to step in and fix it for them. This was probably the most effort anyone put in simply because it took them so many tries.

Beyond that - I was particularly proud of a table I did for a wolfhounds game that showed how many of the Ireland squad had previously been approached by Toulouse.

Was it Thomond recently that had the wrong team in the table? Edinburgh instead of Glasgow.

Might have been Molloy again actually!

I don't know what you're talking about.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I don't know what you're talking about.

Found it - it was you

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105027094

Jesus that was a shambles. I under performed in work for like 3 weeks after reading that match thread. Did you shave your beard before you wrote it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Found it - it was you

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105027094

Jesus that was a shambles. I under performed in work for like 3 weeks after reading that match thread. Did you shave your beard before you wrote it or something?

Looking at the OP there the table is perfectly fine. I don't know what you're talking about. I have no recollection of that etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Another followed POM around all day asking if he had left anything in the dressing room.
    If I was drinking coffee when I read this, I'd have sucked up half a cup full. :D

Funny AF. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

And don't Michaels have another monster coming through the ranks? Nulty or something? Where do they find these guys?

Two.

Jack Dunne 6'7 under 20
    Ryan Baird 6'6 under 18

Somewhere in south dublin

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Two.

Jack Dunne 6'7 under 20
    Ryan Baird 6'6 under 18

Somewhere in south dublin

Some massive postman doing the Ailsbury route back in the late 90's left quite the lasting impression!

Some massive postman doing the Ailsbury route back in the late 90's left quite the lasting impression!

0f97144d5ed8b55964baecc9b2c31952--patrick-ewing-patrick-obrian.jpg

Two pints, eh two pints - two pints, there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Teferi wrote: »

My previews are so good...I don't need a table. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ah yes, who could forget Patrick "The Mailman" Ewing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Not sure if you're joking. You are joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

ಠ_ಠ

• Registered Users Posts: 13,002 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Standards have slipped here. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Postman Pat...rick Ewing?

A tall guy, nicknamed the mailman... I figured that one pretty much explains itself? What am I missing here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

A tall guy, nicknamed the mailman... I figured that one pretty much explains itself? What am I missing here?

Karl Malone was nicknamed the mailman.

Maybe the fact that James Ryan might just be the palest human in existence...!

He can't even get a proper tan. He once looked like he had sunburn on his shoulders but they were just red from carrying Munster in that game.

• Advertisement

aloooof wrote: »
    Karl Malone was nicknamed the mailman.

If anyone needs my head for the foreseeable future it will be hanging in the deepest shame. :(

Advertisement