Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Travellers have a right to a home that is culturally appropriate'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

absolutely. i have no doubt about it.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

ask the council of europe and the UN .

I'm asking you.

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm asking you.

no point in asking me, i'm only relaying what they stated. ask the UN and council of europe.

as you are here, could you tell me
    1. what "more protection and entitlements" do travelers have compared to working people like ourselves? could you name them?
    and
    2. what have you done about the working of the system that you have witnessed? have you informed the authorities as to what you have witnessed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Conor is a country solicitor so he may well have.

I don't think Conor is a practicing solicitor...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Permabear wrote: »

it's not nonsense. i get you and others don't like the findings but they are the findings and there is nothing to say they are inaccurate.
    i have no doubt Pavee Point would have been asked for information but they would have been one part of the evidence gathering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

absolutely. i have no doubt about it.[/quote]

Proof??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

it's not nonsense. i get you and others don't like the findings but they are the findings and there is nothing to say they are inaccurate.
    i have no doubt Pavee Point would have been asked for information but they would have been one part of the evidence gathering.

If the findings are accurate then it looks like Ireland’s state sector - the legal system, the education system, the local county councils, the transport system perhaps - are not doing their job.

Let’s fine all people associated with these industries until the discrimination ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Proof??[/quote]

You're wasting your time, this is what he does time and time again, posts inane waffle that disrupts mature discourse, infuriates people into dragging the topic at hand off course, sits back as the thread is closed, then toddles on to the next one that catches his eye.

That one who, despite his atrocious spelling and most rudimentary grasp of grammar, is presumably an adult, finds entertainment in doing such is honestly quite sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would like to know how much the state has spent in the last 20 years facilitating this group

Roughly 30k "travellers" in the state how much per head spent on social welfare accommodation,policing ,free legal aid and the prison system in that time

No other section of society could dream of such funding

Discrimination me h0le

• Advertisement

Proof??[/quote]

You're wasting your time, this is what he does time and time again, posts inane waffle that disrupts mature discourse, infuriates people into dragging the topic at hand off course, sits back as the thread is closed, then toddles on to the next one that catches his eye.

That one who, despite his atrocious spelling and most rudimentary grasp of grammar, is presumably an adult, finds entertainment in doing such is honestly quite sad.[/quote]

I have to grudgingly sort of admire the pure self confidence of someone who categorically pronounces that their opinions are incontrovertible facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

no point in asking me, i'm only relaying what they stated. ask the UN and council of europe.

as you are here, could you tell me
    1. what "more protection and entitlements" do travelers have compared to working people like ourselves? could you name them?
    and
    2. what have you done about the working of the system that you have witnessed? have you informed the authorities as to what you have witnessed?

I'll answer your questions EOTR when you answer mine. Conversation is a two way street. You can't demand all the answers without acknowledging people's questions first. I see you still didn't acknowledge Omackarel's post?

I'll answer your questions EOTR when you answer mine. Conversation is a two way street. You can't demand all the answers without acknowledging people's questions first.

i answered your question.
    i think we can safely say for a fact that travelers don't have more rights then the rest of us, otherwise you would have been able to tell us what they are.
    we can also safely say that you have done nothing to address the misuse of the system you claimed to have witnessed. now why did you not report what you witnessed to the authorities?

i answered your question.
    i think we can safely say for a fact that travelers don't have more rights then the rest of us, otherwise you would have been able to tell us what they are.
    we can also safely say that you have done nothing to address the misuse of the system you claimed to have witnessed. now why did you not report what you witnessed to the authorities?

More diversion.... get back to me when you're ready to be a grown up and answer all that has been put to you.
    I suspect I'll be waiting a while, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

End of the road.

An example of what life would be like if sinn fein get into power.

@Anna080

I'll pack you sandwiches and a flask. You might be in for a wait.

More diversion.... get back to me when you're ready to be a grown up and answer all that has been put to you.
    I suspect I'll be waiting a while, however.

why have you not reported the milking of the system that you witnessed to the authorities anna?

travelers don't have more rights then the rest of us. that is a fact. if they did, people would be able to name them. they can't name them, because they don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

EOTR has an awful habit of posting his opinion as if it's gospel in controversial threads, anyone that challenges him are told they are wrong 'just because', with no valid points given to back himself up.
    Then he repeats himself over and over again while ignoring any questions, ensuring the debate goes round and round in circles.

Anyway, as for my opinion. It's definitely safe to say the travelling community take more from the pot than they put in. They pay zero tax but avail of all public services.
    They do this for their lifetimes, claiming left right and centre without contributing anything through tax or to society. They have full medical cards, council housing, all the benefits.
    Of course, a minority of the settled community do this too. But the vast, vast majority of the travelling community are up to these tricks.

why have you not reported the milking of the system that you witnessed to the authorities anna?

travelers don't have more rights then the rest of us. that is a fact. if they did, people would be able to name them. they can't name them, because they don't exist.

"nope your wrong"

Am I doing this right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

"nope your wrong"

Am I doing this right?

Noooooppppppeeeee

:pac:

*I wish to stay out of this dispute

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm asking you.
    no point in asking me

The first truthful post from you in a long long time. Bravo.

"nope your wrong"

Am I doing this right?

travelers don't have extra rights over the rest of us anna.

https://youtu.be/zDKO6XYXioc

"nope your wrong"

Am I doing this right?

You can say it till you're blue in the face but you're simply wring in your assertion.

Where are the special programmes for non-traveller children to get into education?

Where are the free scholarships at third level Colleges for non-traveller children ?

Why are (e.g.) TV Licence non payers hounded yet non-tax paying travellers are not ?

Why are responsible drivers penalised for minor infractions yet travellers can ride horse drawn carriages down main roads?

You can say it till you're blue in the face but you're simply wring in your assertion.

Where are the special programmes for non-traveller children to get into education?

Where are the free scholarships at third level Colleges for non-traveller children ?

Why are (e.g.) TV Licence non payers hounded yet non-tax paying travellers are not ?

Why are responsible drivers penalised for minor infractions yet travellers can ride horse drawn carriages down main roads?

In the last two weeks I've visited two houses where appointments have been missed and have to be rescheduled all because they can't be arsed attending- all paid for by us mugs.
    Parents sat at home all day while their kids get taken to community crèche by bus, all free and paid for by us mugs.
    One had her medical card automatically renewed without even applying for renewal, all paid for by us mugs.
    My own mother is dying of cancer and worked all her life, had to fight tooth and nail for a discretionary medical card, if she was born a traveller she'd have it handed to her.
    And that's not even the bloody half of it.
    I'm on the vino now so I better whisht while I'm ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,381 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

End of the road.

An example of what life would be like if sinn fein get into power.

More like Danny Healy Rae became Taoiseach.

i'm not though.

there are apparently programs open to non-traveler children to get into education should they meet the criteria.

revenue do cary out raids against non-tax paying travelers when feasible to do so. it takes time to build up evidence however due to movement about, and it being harder to find where money is coming from, and going to.

you would be best putting that question to the gardai, minister for justice and other politicians as to why horsedrawn carriges aren't being removed from the main roads.
    if responsible drivers are breaking the law and the gardai catch them, even if it's a minor infraction, they are still breaking the law.
    pjohnson wrote: »
    More like Danny Healy Rae became Taoiseach.

at least they might actually deliver some of their promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

The best thing to come out of a knacker camp ?
    A few hearses

Mod-Banned

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The best thing to come out of a knacker camp ?
    A few hearses

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement