Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^ His record after a break is abysmal. If I had to pick one I'd go for Simba Samba, Yarmouth is a funny old track so course form is enough for me.

^ His record after a break is abysmal. If I had to pick one I'd go for Simba Samba, Yarmouth is a funny old track so course form is enough for me.

His form overall is pretty abysmal :pac:

A very open race and his declining mark plus the fact he is a course winner, albeit over 5f swung it for me. I think the favourite is the one to beat.

Yours has a bit of a break to overcome as well - along with the majority of the field. I'd rather be on Jo Jo at 11s than the fav at 5/2 or your fancy at 9/2.

I won't be any richer or poorer after it anyway. It's all about opinions this craic and I hope you get a good run for your money if you decide to have a punt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Who Told Jo Jo is worth a small investment in the 6.10 at Yarmouth tomorrow.

Off of a low rating this one should be able to run down the leaders with the help of
    Dylan Hogan's 3lb claim.

Is a course winner and the trainer has a 3 from 8 strike rate at the course since 2010.

Available to back at 11/1 (PP/Lads/Boyles) currently.

My shrapnel will be staying in my pocket though as I can't have a bet currently, so I'm getting in
    a bit of studying practice for when the shops open(hopefully) next week :)

Gluck
    Some already open in Limerick and a good job too with first two placed and CHEN GONG doing the biz at a nice sp of 6/1 which means the losses on SEAS OF ELZAAM are recovered.

Some already open in Limerick

Alas, only the "big three" (bricks & mortar shops in Eire that is) operating in my locality and I think they're closed until next week. Thanks for the info though.

In the 6.30 at Kempton Marco Botti's Dark Scimitar has outstanding claims at a very tasty looking 7/2 (PP,Lads,Boyle's) . Henry Candy's 4yr old is the favourite in this at a best-priced 6/5, but I don't know why such a disparity in the price. I can see Dark Scimitar going off at much shorter odds. If Cieren Fallon can take a lead from the favourite (both have shown in their last two outings that they like to lead or be up with the pace, but I feel Maiden Castle will make the running here) I think the selection can romp home.

Also, in the same race one that can trouble the judge for at least a place is East End Girl at 33/1 PP. This one I feel is overpriced probably because she comes from one of the less fashionable flat trainers in Lucy Wadham. I think this one would be around 10/1 or single figures even if it hailed from one of the bigger stables.

6.30 Kempton DARK SCIMITAR - merits a proper bet at 7/2 (Gen)
    EAST END GIRL - can reward each way players here at 33/1 (Paddy)

Good luck. I hope they come first and second even if I won't be on because no shops are open near me.

• Advertisement

A very open race and his declining mark plus the fact he is a course winner, albeit over 5f swung it for me. I think the favourite is the one to beat.

Yours has a bit of a break to overcome as well - along with the majority of the field. I'd rather be on Jo Jo at 11s than the fav at 5/2 or your fancy at 9/2.

I won't be any richer or poorer after it anyway. It's all about opinions this craic and I hope you get a good run for your money if you decide to have a punt :)

Yea it's fairly open, as in I really haven't got a fcuking clue these days :pac: If you see the prices of winners and the way races are ran it's pretty clear it's a minefield. Only one thing is certain these days, we've not got a clue :D

Yea it's fairly open, as in I really haven't got a fcuking clue these days :pac: If you see the prices of winners and the way races are ran it's pretty clear it's a minefield. Only one thing is certain these days, we've not got a clue :D

Aye, tis a minefield to be sure :p
    Most don't have a clue and some pretend they do but tis something to be at and keeps the dream alive of villas and the like :pac:
    Not gonna give up, I wanna be rich before I shuffle off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Aye, tis a minefield to be sure :p
    Most don't have a clue and some pretend they do but tis something to be at and keeps the dream alive of villas and the like :pac:
    Not gonna give up, I wanna be rich before I shuffle off :D

Just double up all your bets and you'll get rich twice as quick... 🀔🀔🀔

With Tom Clover in such good form (56%) last couple of weeks his two ruunners should be backed today,MONSIEUR LAMBRAYS 3.50 Pon up to 81 now but still worth a few quid ew 4 places PP 9/1.

SURRAJAH (I HAVE HAD A GOOD EW BET ON THIS WITH pp 4 places 4/1) had 3 early runs that ensured a good mark as a two year old before winning when well backed and then was hampered when 2nd fav when 7th but not beaten far next time in a much better race.

Sure to be ready now and is a very goo bet imo in the 8.15 Yar.

BUSHTRUCKER TRIAL won 3 times last year staying on well each time ,up an extra furlong now which will suit and worth an ew bet at 17/2 PP 4 places.

MANOLITH is in a tough little race at 2.10 in Wol,with just 8 runners i put 25 ew on at 14s,i am waiting to hear the latest news on this one but his turn of foot will always give him a good chance and the pace will be strong.

I will give Manolith a mention later again.

Manolith is worth a little ew and we are hopeful of a good run in the 2.10 Wol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Dayjur

Thought dublin rocker is a big price in the 1.45

Dayjur wrote: »
    Thought dublin rocker is a big price in the 1.45

Very good shout that!

Just got up in the shadows to nab a place at 33s

WD if ya had it place or each way

think life and strife only out for the spin in the 2.00 so going to chance paved paradise

I like Seaforth here at wolves 5.50

Well that told me :pac: Good pick\!

Well that told me :pac: Good pick\!

Thanks Lady :)
    Yours ran okay though tbf

8.00 burmese waltz 6/1
    7.45 magadwiri 15/2
    8.30 nezar 12/1

[QUOTE=Dayjur;113695252]8.00 burmese waltz 6/1
    7.45 magadwiri 15/2
    8.30 nezar 12/1[/QUOTE

A good winner there. Good performances from the horse and jockey both.
    Thought it was beat just outside the 1 pole :pac:. Responded well for pressure and won nicely enough at the end. Good price too..

chance windy cove in the last and that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

I’ll chance High Shine

• Advertisement

moorland queen in the first at beverley for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Dayjur wrote: »
    moorland queen in the first at beverley for me

that was terrible

but1er wrote: »
    that was terrible

GOOD

The 3.oc at Wol is a low grade class 6 handicap and if ever i saw a horse campaigned with handicaps in mind it is ALIANNE

Her 3 runs read 5 5 6 and her 6th last time out probably reads the best when she was out the back early before staying on well beaten 3 and a half lengths.

Her sp for the 3 runs was 40/1 25/1 25/1 which tells its own story. They were class 5s and the drop in class and first handicap will bring a big improvement.

Trainer in top form (Tom Clover) and some books going 4 places makes this the best ew bet i have seen since the resumption.4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Andy holding has put the same horse up zimmer so it’s now been clipped in 3/1 at most firms. I managed to get 4/1 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Backed 3 for an interest today

I think lafayette is great value at 9s in the 5.40

Mythical in the next is a clear favourite at 13/8, hoping to get a clear run.

And in the 2000 guineas lope y Fernandez has won at the course. And handles the ground. 7/2

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

got chinned on the line for a place ah well been one of those weeks. damage limitation

unplayable wrote: »
    got chinned on the line for a place ah well been one of those weeks. damage limitation

Franny dropped his hands and gets done a nose to cost us the place money,the game would try you.

Fifth Position Don today. 3.10 days best bet.

• Advertisement

1.35 Album 7/1

Advertisement