Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Two good winners at 5 to 1 and 15 to 2.Major Jumbo placed and my saver in the race placed.A pity about Sabador but Chester can be tricky.

L 15 pays 330 so another satisfactory day.

It can be seen that when placing the €50 ew bet i failed to write in the name of the horse,lucky for me i spotted the mistake and handed it in for the name to be written in by the girl behind the counter.

Captain Mowbray is a real stayer and as a 7 year old can improve and be a real force in all the long distance chases.

good picking overall
    chester can indeed be tricky but the horse never looked like winning either, will win no doubt at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

THE BAY BIRCH has a good chance in the 3 05 at Uttox and i got word for both Harry Fry horses in the 3 40 at UTTOX from two different sources,i dont know whats going on there but i backed HENRYVILLE at 11/1 and DRUMCLIFFE at 9/1 and maybe an optimist but did a fiver rev forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Great stuff again Zimmer on Drumcliffe and also yesterday.

Thank you.

Conflicting info meant reduced and split bets.Better safe than sorry and I have a good idea of what happened which may be of use in the future.Well ahead on the day again and not complaining.

Conflicting info meant reduced and split bets.Better safe than sorry and I have a good idea of what happened which may be of use in the future.Well ahead on the day again and not complaining.

Better pic

• Advertisement

A lucky 15 for monday.

EPONINA in a seller for first time 2 25 Redcar.
    LEADERS LEGACY 4 10 Redcar.
    OLIVERS GOLD 4 30 Cartmel,goes well for Emma Todd who has won 3 out of 6 on her.
    PACOS PRINCE 6 25 Windsor escapes a penalty for apprentice race win can go well on turf.

A small ew on JUMPING JACK who unshipped rider last time before the last hurdle when looking a winner.Form figures of 4-3-2-2-2-24-2-u might suggest winning is difficult but two good runs in handicaps give it a chance in novice company in the 2 oc at Huntington and 12/1 looks a bit too big.

3.50cc authors dream 12/1 betway

quite a few quid around for this and now as low as 7/1 (365) think that might count for a lot with this one

you can ignore its last two runs, higher class at kemp and a turf run
    before that it won four on the bounce at lingfield and wolves, too big based on these runs (1 win at class 4, 3 at 5, today is class 4)

mailburner wrote: »
    3.50cc authors dream 12/1 betway

quite a few quid around for this and now as low as 7/1 (365) think that might count for a lot with this one

you can ignore its last two runs, higher class at kemp and a turf run
    before that it won four on the bounce at lingfield and wolves, too big based on these runs (1 win at class 4, 3 at 5, today is class 4)

so bad, never got a handy position and shoved along for most of the last mile
    trying a trixie with these three

Eeh Bah Gum
    Horse Racing
    14:00 Beverley
    30 May
    Odds: 2/1
    Only Spoofing
    Horse Racing
    14:30 Beverley
    30 May
    Odds: 6/5
    Rockin Roy
    Horse Racing
    18:35 Ripon
    30 May
    Odds: 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

6.25 stormy belle 16/1 pp paying 4 places.

8.30 master bond 20/1 had him last day out at 25/1 he finished 4th pp payed out 4 places.

All in gowran park.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Fancy Captain Cullen off 73 in the 6:25

• Advertisement

so bad, never got a handy position and shoved along for most of the last mile
    trying a trixie with these three

Eeh Bah Gum
    Horse Racing
    14:00 Beverley
    30 May
    Odds: 2/1
    Only Spoofing
    Horse Racing
    14:30 Beverley
    30 May
    Odds: 6/5
    Rockin Roy
    Horse Racing
    18:35 Ripon
    30 May
    Odds: 11/10

rockin roys second lets down the trixie

first one returned 7/2, had no way of knowing at the time :(

FAADHEL is one i put in the tracker after seeing the colt finish a tenderly handled 4th over 7 furlongs in march.Again tenderly handled and given plenty to do when a strong finishing 2nd also at Wolverhampton over 7 furlongs in april.Stepped up to a mile when only 6th at Epsom on soft ground beaten around 5 lengths.

May not have been suited by the track or ground last time,Epsom not being the best place for one who comes late.

Goes over a mile and almost a furlong at Wolverhampton again in the 3. 50 and though drawn 11 can come late and win this. A very decent ew bet at 11/2--5/1 with a good jock on board and the odds may drift a bit if money comes for one or two from the big yards.

3.40 stormingin 9/4

drifted to 3s earlier with support for the second fav, 9/4 will have to do
    head says to go big on two places at 10/11 though but I tend to lose when I lump

2nd...feck, all sorts of trouble there

FAADHEL is one i put in the tracker after seeing the colt finish a tenderly handled 4th over 7 furlongs in march.Again tenderly handled and given plenty to do when a strong finishing 2nd also at Wolverhampton over 7 furlongs in april.Stepped up to a mile when only 6th at Epsom on soft ground beaten around 5 lengths.

May not have been suited by the track or ground last time,Epsom not being the best place for one who comes late.

Goes over a mile and almost a furlong at Wolverhampton again in the 3. 50 and though drawn 11 can come late and win this. A very decent ew bet at 11/2--5/1 with a good jock on board and the odds may drift a bit if money comes for one or two from the big yards.

I was surprised when FAADHEL took the lead early in the race as i fully expected he would come from behind.May not be as well handicapped as i thought but i will give him another chance when hopefully he comes from behind.At least i broke even on the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

3.40 stormingin 9/4

drifted to 3s earlier with support for the second fav, 9/4 will have to do
    head says to go big on two places at 10/11 though but I tend to lose when I lump

2nd...feck, all sorts of trouble there

Looks like you're using the same tipping website as myself! :D

DONNCHA has not won for about 3 years but has run some fine races in a lot of the top handicaps over 7 furlongs and a mile.

Has now dropped to a rating of 91 and is extremely well handicapped,one of the few guaranteed to go on the ground and is the days best bet for me at around 5/1.I will be having a bit more than usual on DONNCHA ew today in the 2. 35 at Epsom.

AJMAN KING is 13/8 best price for the 3.45 Epsom but will be difficult to beat on ground he likes and is my only other bet today.

The Oaks is puzzle that i am sure Aiden Obrien and "the lads" spent a lot of time trying to solve and i will not be surprised if they do but i will not be betting on the race.

Looks like you're using the same tipping website as myself! :D

that yoke was in my stable a few weeks back, had him picked tues also :pac:
    rrpn9x.jpg

my stable could do well today but prices aren't good
    11lshlx.jpg

does anyone here still use tipping websites? it's worrying that folks still do esp paying ones

I've never used a tipping website, closest i've come is backing selections from a few here like aiden, slattsy and the kid.

I prefer to lose money backing my own selections as opposed to losing double although i've been keeping my head above water lately which is pretty good for me.

curious as to what site you are referring to though, they used to be all sh1te in fairness...can't imagine anything has changed there

that eeh bah gum is out again today, was 11/8 last night 4/6 now...small r4
    missed the boat but surely wins easily

main edition I will back at 6/4, looked a bit special last time out, newcomers would want to be very good to beat this one.

DONNCHA has not won for about 3 years but has run some fine races in a lot of the top handicaps over 7 furlongs and a mile.

Has now dropped to a rating of 91 and is extremely well handicapped,one of the few guaranteed to go on the ground and is the days best bet for me at around 5/1.I will be having a bit more than usual on DONNCHA ew today in the 2. 35 at Epsom.

AJMAN KING is 13/8 best price for the 3.45 Epsom but will be difficult to beat on ground he likes and is my only other bet today.

The Oaks is puzzle that i am sure Aiden Obrien and "the lads" spent a lot of time trying to solve and i will not be surprised if they do but i will not be betting on the race.

DONNCHA was very disappointing,his first time around Epsom and he may not like it.
    Whatever the case i am so glad my other selection AJMAN KING did it very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Gone for Pastoral Player in the 5.50 Epsom.

OBrien wins with a maiden,the tactics certainly paid off and it seems impossible to beat Coolmore.

• Advertisement

main edition I will back at 6/4, looked a bit special last time out, newcomers would want to be very good to beat this one.

this one looks very good

Epsom 2. 35 SHENANIGANS can win for Varian whose horses have struck form,closely matched with Lincoln Rocks but the trip and the ground sway me towards SHENANIGANS around 4/1.

ME BEFORE YOU won well at Ripon 2 weeks ago on good to firm ground and can win the 1 40 at Muss,up 7lbs for the win but a useful claimer on board reduces it by 5 lbs at 3/1.

MADELINE 4/1 3. 25 Muss found the mile, the class and probably the distance of the 1,000 gns too much and can get back on track by winning this much easir race over 6 furlongs.

MISS INCA SOCK was off for 241 days before running a race full of promise in 5th at the track 18 days ago.The mare was short enough to win that day even though the race was over a mile and a half and a mile two is her trip.

She won 4 times last year with this claimer on board including once over the course and distance.Can be backed at 17/2 and as she goes on the ground is a good ew bet.

I will do a little ew lucky 15 on the four.

YOUNG RASCAL at 10s is my ew bet for the Derby.AL QAHWA can go well in the 5 50 at an ew price and while i may not have a bet in the Epsom Dash i will be hoping that EDWARD LEWIS gets his head in front as he always runs well in these big handicaps.

One more of interest today in the 3 40 at Don.

When Lucky Rascal won a 20 runner maiden on APR 21st he had JEREMIAH 10 lengths back in 4th and Blazing Saddles who went off 2nd fav in 6th.JEREMIAH was 4 and a half lengths behind Austrian School next time out but is 14 lbs better off with that horse today and should be able to turn the tables as his shrewd trainer has him entered in the Queens Vase in Royal Ascot and to go there he will need to win here.

Top weight today is Proschema who was only 6 and 3/4 lengths behind Young Rascal in the Chester Vase and while i willl back JEREMIAH ew i will do a small tri-cast-forecast perm with the horses mentioned above.

4.35 Isabella 5s huge chance if ready to on her reappearance with the step back to 7 a real plus (last run worth a watch)

giving this one another shot, can't be as bad as that again and a few quid around for it at 9/2

runs in the 2.50mus

won't be backing that one again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hey lads, did 3x doubles and a treble today, had 2 winners (Rockwood and theaterbar) and also Jack Regan (4.15 doncaster) this horse was withdrawn

Does anyone know if he was under orders when WD?

Hey lads, did 3x doubles and a treble today, had 2 winners (Rockwood and theaterbar) and also Jack Regan (4.15 doncaster) this horse was withdrawn

Does anyone know if he was under orders when WD?

you're safe, non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

you're safe, non runner

Sweet :) was only 3x 50p e/w doubles and £1 e/w treble but non runner makes a much nicer return :D

4.10p martiloo 10/3

surely goes close here only carrying 10-2, last two wins were done very easily over 3f shorter

trixie also
    4.45 premier league 10/3
    4.55 midnight bliss 11/4

4.10p martiloo 10/3

surely goes close here only carrying 10-2, last two wins were done very easily over 3f shorter

trixie also
    4.45 premier league 10/3
    4.55 midnight bliss 11/4

one lousy winner but not the one I wanted
    martiloo went odds on in running around three out where it looked
    to be travelling better than anything, just didn't stay is all.

• Advertisement

If back to anything even close to his best GOLDEN STEPS would be a "good thing" for the 4 45 at Ayr.Won the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket in 2016 off 99 and was beaten just over 3 lengths off 102 in the Ayr Gold Cup the year before.

Had his issues and was off for more than 500 days before running ok in two races this year and was very tenderly handled a few weeks ago when 5th at Newcastle over 7 furlongs off 88.

Now off 85 and a good apprentice taking off 3 lbs the gelding is worth an ew punt.I have backed it ew at 12/1 with PP and if anyway fancied is unlikely to off at more than 6/1.

Got going too late last time and while i would be happier to see the horse over 7 furlongs i think they will go quick enough to suit GOLDEN STEPS ,i backed it ew at 11/2 and believe last years winner Muscika to will be the danger.

Advertisement