Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

EDWARD LEWIS has a sporting chance in the 2 20 at York,was a very good 2nd here in a good handicap at the Ebor meeting last year and should be spot on after a good 6th at Pontrefact a month ago.PP going 5 places so an ew bet at 11/1.

LARCHMONT LAD has top weight in the 4 05 at York even though he has never run in a handicap.
    Not disgraced in the 2000 gns last year,the horse has only run in group and listed class since winning his maiden first time out.Worth an ew bet at 11/1.

GRACELAND runs in the 5 35 at York and has a good chance of getting home in front in a tough handicap over 2 miles.The mare was 2nd in this race last year and also won over 2 miles at Ascot so stamina is not in doubt.A good run over 2 miles at Kempton lto should have her spot on for this.PP is going an extra place in this and she might be value at 11/2 and could drift a little.

Danny Tudhope rides the three horses and is in good form,the first 2 are for his boss David Omeara whose horses are running well and the last one is trained by Michael Bell.

I did an ew trixie online (prices guaranteed) and will have a few ew singles on tomorrow.
    Got the placed trixie up only because i did it with PP who were extra places in two of the races and my selections just got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Word for Jazz ranger 22/1 clonmel 6.30

hefferboi wrote: »
    Word for Jazz ranger 22/1 clonmel 6.30

Fell at the 2nd last, was travelling well

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Quite keen to take on threading in the 2.55 with the fav sheikha reika 2/1 and will be shorter imo

4.35 Isabella 5s huge chance if ready to on her reappearance with the step back to 7 a real plus (last run worth a watch)
    Gone ew on that

2.20 nickis angel 4/1 ew bet365 (offer race)
    A race to avoid for betting purposes but on that last run it should go close when slowly away and won going away

Trixie on that lot also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'll be doing Dark Intention in the 4.35 York @ 14-1, nothing else of note in this race.

• Advertisement

WEMYSS POINT 7 45 Aintree won on the flat just over 3 weeks,that was a two miles 5 five furlong race at Pontrefact,proving the point that the horse is a real stayer.

A bit unexposed over hurdles,the 3 miles 1 furlong should suit well tonight,beaten a head by Who's my Jockey in a bumper when conceding 6 lbs is 19 lbs better off today and while being aware that form cannot be taken literally in different codes it does give a clue that WEMYSS is useful and is an ew bet at 8/1.

GLOBAL APPLAUSE has run some very good races behind Gracious John and Harry Angel and can win the 2 35 at Newbury aroun 11/2 is an ew bet for me.

Shabeeb has been disappointing but i will give it another chance in the 3 55 at Newmarketas the stable is in good form.

SHEIKA REIKA has upto 20 lbs to find with some of todays fillies but i believe Varian thinks she can improve enough from her last run to be involved here,Threading is the top rated but has run a couple of poor races and has yet to show she has trained on.
    I will not go overboard but i will have a few quid on SHEIKA REIKA in the belief that she will prove to be very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

wee double, singles also

DOUBLE

8:20 Aintree - Winter Lion
    8:35 Hamilton - Cosmic Chatter

€1.00 EW Double

mailburner wrote: »
    Quite keen to take on threading in the 2.55 with the fav sheikha reika 2/1 and will be shorter imo

4.35 Isabella 5s huge chance if ready to on her reappearance with the step back to 7 a real plus (last run worth a watch)
    Gone ew on that

2.20 nickis angel 4/1 ew bet365 (offer race)
    A race to avoid for betting purposes but on that last run it should go close when slowly away and won going away

Trixie on that lot also

muck
    wd/last/4th

CHIEF IRONSIDE won a very strong maiden at Chester recently and looks a good ew bet around 8s to win his first handicap at Newbury 3 oc.

COMMANDER COLE was coming back from a very long layoff when running well to finish 4th in a conditions race over 7 furlongs,with normal improvement could have a good ew chance in the 5 25 Newbury at 7 or 8 to 1.

LADY MIX ran well for her 10 lb claimer recently and a repeat would give her a good chance in the 7 05 at Uttoxeter at 4/1.

EXTRA MILE looks a very strong bet at 7/4 to win the fillies handicap and land her 3rd race on the trot,improving all the time for Suroor and will be very hard to beat in the 6 50 at Doncaster.

3.40 addeybb 9/2 bet365 3 places 2.14 bfair

more I watch previous runs the more I think it'll go close today, a few quid around for it also and as short as 7/2 with hills, looks better with every run
    I'd be amazed if this were outside the top three and have backed it ew with a bigger stake on a place

tempted by breathless times at 6s in the opener an newbury as it owes me a few bob, never ran on turf so i've no idea what to expect
    small single and an ew double

• Advertisement

tempted by breathless times at 6s in the opener an newbury as it owes me a few bob, never ran on turf so i've no idea what to expect
    small single and an ew double

that was reason enough to avoid I guess, back to the all weather with that one surely...last

Having backed OUT DO ew at York 3 days ago i was not expecting the horse to be out so soon.I believe he is better suited to big fields where he can come from behind but i could not resist backing the horse ew today with PP as its money back if 2nd.

7.0/7.45
    making miracles 8/11
    tin man 11/10

double at 3.62 betway

both these should win on all known form....famous last words
    so what wins and what comes second is what I'm wondering

7.0/7.45
    making miracles 8/11
    tin man 11/10

double at 3.62 betway

4.75 the returned odds, tin man wins at 7/4...drift had me worried though.

If back to anything even close to his best GOLDEN STEPS would be a "good thing" for the 4 45 at Ayr.Won the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket in 2016 off 99 and was beaten just over 3 lengths off 102 in the Ayr Gold Cup the year before.

Had his issues and was off for more than 500 days before running ok in two races this year and was very tenderly handled a few weeks ago when 5th at Newcastle over 7 furlongs off 88.

Now off 85 and a good apprentice taking off 3 lbs the gelding is worth an ew punt.I have backed it ew at 12/1 with PP and if anyway fancied is unlikely to off at more than 6/1.

7.0/7.45
    making miracles 8/11
    tin man 11/10

double at 3.62 betway

seriously...in this day and age betway
    hit livechat yesterday looking for the extra and although they settled they also gave me this nonsense by email after I made a complaint

never seen the likes of it :(

We can confirm that we do offer Best Odds Guaranteed which was credited to your account and as per the terms of this offer: If your bet wins, you will be paid based on the Price taken once the bet has been settled as normal. The extra amount will be added in cash and to your account by 10am (UK time) the next day

I thought the likes of this was something you might have seen 10 years ago

3.25 caiya 3/1

on a one day winning streak so I better strike while the iron is hot (usually swerve the mon to fri small meetings)
    caiya gets a lot of weight from veranda and rasima looks better on the aw, won over same lto but it looked cosy enough to me and sds on board now.
    its been strong in the market also

trixie with mon port 9/4 which is way too big now and spader 11/8 5.40/6.10hunt

If back to anything even close to his best GOLDEN STEPS would be a "good thing" for the 4 45 at Ayr.Won the Bunbury Cup at Newmarket in 2016 off 99 and was beaten just over 3 lengths off 102 in the Ayr Gold Cup the year before.

Had his issues and was off for more than 500 days before running ok in two races this year and was very tenderly handled a few weeks ago when 5th at Newcastle over 7 furlongs off 88.

Now off 85 and a good apprentice taking off 3 lbs the gelding is worth an ew punt.I have backed it ew at 12/1 with PP and if anyway fancied is unlikely to off at more than 6/1.

A bit unlucky perhaps,baulked initially when making his run and had to be switched,ran on best of all but line came too soon and to cap it all one withdrawn so field reduced to 7 and despite getting a good price the bookie keeps the cash.

At least we know the horse has retained his speed and will soon be winning off his low mark and he goes in the tracker

3.25 caiya 3/1

on a one day winning streak so I better strike while the iron is hot (usually swerve the mon to fri small meetings)
    caiya gets a lot of weight from veranda and rasima looks better on the aw, won over same lto but it looked cosy enough to me and sds on board now.
    its been strong in the market also

trixie with mon port 9/4 which is way too big now and spader 11/8 5.40/6.10hunt

caiya slow away but never looked like winning after, mon port won easily and spader was badly hampered by a faller

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nothingbutbets

Not sure if American racing has any interest on here but in the 22:10 Thistledown 'Carablancas Dance' is trading 8s on course and in most bookies but betfair has it priced at 25s

might be worth a gamble

• Advertisement

BOLD APPROACH is worth a few quid in the 5 20 at LEOP.

Is there word?

Good shout. Thanks bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Unbelievable Zimmer, thank you!

https://imgur.com/2jcZD8Z

2jcZD8Z

hefferboi wrote: »
    Is there word?

Could not reply to that question at the time but one or two on boards got a message from me,but you were on the ball.Much bigger prices like 12s and 9s were available and it would not be like me to put up an unraced one.

Unbelievable Zimmer, thank you!

https://imgur.com/2jcZD8Z

2jcZD8Z

Well done.

Very good racing this saturday but way too much to study all the cards in any depth so i had a look at some of the good handicaps in the hope of a couple of good priced winners.

GILGAMESH 2 oc York was a close 7th lto beaten 2 lengths in the 27 runner Victoria Cup at Ascot.
    That is good form but it is even better when we see that he was the first horse home on the near side leading that group in the last hundred yards. With 8 of the first 10 all on the far side Gilgamesh ran a blinder.

His target is the Bunbury Cup at Royal Ascot but needs to go up 6 or 7 lbs to even get into the race so he will trying his best and looks a good bet.

MAJOR JUMBO 3 40 York raced in the centre when the far side had a big advantage when finishing a close 3rd behind El Astronaute over the C and D 9 days ago and has a very good chance of winning at an ew price.Edward Lewis could also run well and might be worth a saver.

SABADOR 2 55 Chester was 4th in the same race that Gilgamesh ran in at Ascot and looked like a winner before dropping back to 4th in the last half furlong.The sharper Chester track will suit and i expect a very good run.Sea Fox was just in front of him last time but would be better suited by a stiffer track,still has a chance and at 16/1 i will have an ew saver or a rev forecast.

CAPTAIN MOWBRAY Cartmel 3 15 is a horse i like, a thorough stayer who sometimes looks like dropping out only to rally and get into the places. Still young enough to improve i am hoping he can stay on strongly over the 3 miles 1 and a half furlongs and get his head in front at a decent price.

I will back the 4 main bets in ew singles and an ew lucky 15 with small savers on the other two i mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

1~:50 curragh Fantasy 10-1, has the breeding and good jock from a yard that does well with newbies

1:25 curragh Sors 22-1, won in april, form dipped since, but is a 6 time winner, blinkers go on and good jock up top

4:10 curragh zihba 7-1 unbeaten so far, this is a step up but i like this one to give it a good go

york 5:25
    an old fave alfred hutchinson 10-1, always does well here, and coming back to form with a good 3rd recently

btw i missed zimmers tip cos i didnt get the subscribed notification, happened a few times but that was very annoying as i love newbie horses and would have taken it on

2.35 thistimenextyear 7/1

like this ew

bad

• Advertisement

Two good winners at 5 to 1 and 15 to 2.Major Jumbo placed and my saver in the race placed.A pity about Sabador but Chester can be tricky.

L 15 pays 330 so another satisfactory day.

It can be seen that when placing the €50 ew bet i failed to write in the name of the horse,lucky for me i spotted the mistake and handed it in for the name to be written in by the girl behind the counter.

Captain Mowbray is a real stayer and as a 7 year old can improve and be a real force in all the long distance chases.

Advertisement