Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Clegg wrote: »
    Fardy and Lowe can't be left out of the 23. They've both vital to any success Leinster aspire to achieve.

Fardy is our best second row and Lowe our most dangerous outside back..

Lowe can.....not by choice but if required he will be the one dropped.

Fardy is required for the greater good of the team

The loss of Lowe would be less of an impact...

JGP would need to be 9 replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you suggesting we should start a European semi final with Nick McCarthy and Charlie Rock on the bench?

Yeah, there's no chance of this!

If McGrath is out, Lowe or Fardy drop out.

And I can't see Fardy dropping out. He's too much of a geezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

As mental as this sounds I think we can replace Fardy more easily than Lowe at the moment...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Are you suggesting we should start a European semi final with Nick McCarthy and Charlie Rock on the bench?

Anyone jumping the ruck to attack Rock is gonna find themselves landing behind him!

I think Larmour is due back for Treviso. So if we lose McGrath I think it'd be

JGP, Sexton, Larmour, Nacewa, Ringrose, McFadden, Kearney
    McCarthy, Carberry, ROL/Daly/Byrne

• Advertisement

Anyone jumping the ruck to attack Rock is gonna find themselves landing behind him!

I think an obvious tactic that Leinster haven't yet explored would be to smuggle Rock onto the field in the pockets of one of our forwards.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I think an obvious tactic that Leinster haven't yet explored would be to smuggle Rock onto the field in the pockets of one of our forwards.

in a pocket?

has to be in fardys beard !!

sydthebeat wrote: »
    in a pocket?

has to be in fardys beard !!

Brilliant!

Artist's impression of a "Fardy" turnover against Scarlets:

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

Confirmed semi-final fixture dates, times and broadcasters will be announced at 3pm (BST) today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Should be an interesting line up this weekend.
    I assume major changes as players will be rested.
    Hopefully the team plays above the standard they played against Ospreys. A bonus point win will probably assure 1st place in our conference.
    We still have a conference to win and Zebre is a good opponent to face after Sunday's battle. After watching the highlights against Ospreys, I was very disappointed. The standard was piss poor. Hopefully the team pushes on and we get the performance and result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster Scarlets confirmed for Sat 21st April 3.30PM KO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Quint2010 wrote: »

And on Sky Sports

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭scott1974

Quint2010 wrote: »

So when do they announce the officials?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

So it looks like Conan and SOB both remain doubts for the semi finals but Larmour should be available for the Treviso game. SOB is being assessed this week but that has been the case for a couple of weeks now. Conan won't be back training until the week of the semi.

McGrath being assessed but no concrete update on him. Important that Larmour is available if McGrath isn't given the fact that Lowe will need to step aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

How do you expect the Leinster lineups will be managed in the Italian games? Will Sexton be wrapped in cotton wool? Munster will be using their internationals in some capacity in South Africa. I expect the short turnaround from Sunday will see a much changed lineup for Zebre.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

How do you expect the Leinster lineups will be managed in the Italian games? Will Sexton be wrapped in cotton wool? Munster will be using their internationals in some capacity in South Africa. I expect the short turnaround from Sunday will see a much changed lineup for Zebre.
    I would expect most players to feature in some capacity over the next two games although Sexton could be an exception.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play 50 minutes against Treviso though. The international players have had very little time with Leinster for a few months. I'd also expect JGP and Sexton to take to the pitch together if they think McGrath isn't going to be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Sexton will be wrapped in cotton wool....especially after the bashing he took on Sunday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Sexton and McGrath wont play until the semi final. Possibly neither will Isa.

Other than that I would say the remaining 20 players will get one game between the Italians over the next few weeks.

Jordi and McFadden have gone on holidays so they wont be involved in the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Sexton and Cronin, possibly some of the other senior players and their family’s are in Dubai for most of this week. Going by that I’d assume very few of the starting 15 from Sunday will appear against Zebre. Treviso will probably be a mix and match squad though as most of the internationals will only have played one game in 4 weeks at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Against Zebre:

Lowe

Byrne
    Daly

O'Loughlin---Reid

Carbery
    JGP

--Murphy
    Deegan
    Timmins

Molony
    Kearney

--Porter
    Tracy
    McGrath

Against Treviso

Carbery

Byrne
    McFadden

Ringrose----Reid

Byrne
    McCarthy

--Jordi
    Deegan
    Fardy----

Ryan
    Toner

--Furlong
    Cronin
    Healy-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Resting all the starters, we could send out against Zebre:

Dooley Tracy Porter
    Molony Nagle
    Ruddock Deegan O'Brien
    JGP Byrne
    Daly Frawley ROL Byrne
    Carbery

Scraping the barrel in the backs with Reid, DK and Larmour all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Fixture wise would getting straight to a pro 14 semi mean having a free weekend the week before a potential European cup final? If so we would really want to get 9 points from these 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

. Treviso will probably be a mix and match squad though as most of the internationals will only have played one game in 4 weeks at that point.
    Against Treviso

The club name is Benetton. Address them by their proper title!

ted-brennan.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

The club name is Benetton. Address them by their proper title!

ted-brennan.jpeg

[IMG][/img]mr_pedantic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

salmocab wrote: »
    Fixture wise would getting straight to a pro 14 semi mean having a free weekend the week before a potential European cup final? If so we would really want to get 9 points from these 2 games.

I think so. And if Munster get to final, going on current league standings they would have a pro14 Q-Final the week before Champions Cup final vs the Cheetahs in Thomond.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I think so. And if Munster get to final, going on current league standings they would have a pro14 Q-Final the week before Champions Cup final vs the Cheetahs in Thomond.

Jesus, they'd want to be bloody careful it doesn't end up being a trip to South Africa instead.

edit: actually they'll be playing Edinburgh or Scarlets.

So if Munster or Scarlets dropped to 3rd you could potentially have a QF of Munster - Scarlets followed by a Euro final of Munster - SCarlets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

I’m actually mistaken. Obviously 2nd in Conference A play 3rd in Conference B and vice versa in the Q-Finals.

So at the moment Munster are at home to Edinburgh. Can’t see the Cheetahs making up the 6 point gap on Munster to pip them to a home q-final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭swiwi_

If I ever need a wee pick-me-up, nothing beats a Leinster thread after victory in the weekend. So much bonhomie! So much geniality! So much amiableness!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

swiwi_ wrote: »
    If I ever need a wee pick-me-up,

I'm glad the comma came where it did, and not a word sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Any details on the tickets for sale for the semi-final?

Presumably 2018/19 season tickets holders don't get access to the pre-sale?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement