Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

If anyone wants to fly me over and take me to the match....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

SoB is targeting the game against Benneton on the 14th of April for his return. Seems desperate to make the Australia tour.

http://www.the42.ie/sean-obrien-leinster-ireland-australia-3939594-Apr2018/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Nacewa's move to 12 this season has been a revelation and has been really helpful in covering for injuries to Henshaw and Ringrose.

Reid is not good enough and his accumulation of caps(98) you could argue has prevented leinster developing other inside centres. Removing Henshaw, Nacewa & Ringrose from the centre options leaves the following players on leinster's books:

Noel Reid(28/98 caps) - has had a poor season.
    Tom Daly(25/9 caps) - missed nearly all of the season with injury, out of contract.
    Rory O'Loughlin(24/37 caps) - struggled in his 2nd season as primarily a 13 after a breakthrough season on the wing.

Academy players
    Conor O'Brien(22/2 caps) - debuted this season at 12, plays mostly 13 at AIL level. Mixed in his appearances.
    Jimmy O'Brien(21/0 caps) - has spent the season playing ireland 7's.
    Gavin Mullin(20/0 caps) - primarily a 13.
    Ciaran Frawley(20/2 caps) - debuted this season at 12, 2nd appearance made at 10.
    Tommy O'Brien(20/0 caps) - still playing under-20, where he has played both wing and 13.

wildcard option to play 12 next season? Joey Carbery(22/32 caps)

I believe he spent most of the ospreys game at 12 and has trained there for Ireland.

Thoughts?

Leinster need more highly quality cover in the centre and we currently have three very good options there, if/when Nacewa retires we will need to develop/find a 3rd option, can that option be Joey Carbery?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Let's not turn Carbery into another Ian Madigan. 12 would be my preferred choice for an NIQ signing if Isa is gone, but if he does go and we can't get someone into replace him than I'd rather trust in COB and Frawley then stunt Ireland's 2nd choice fly-half.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I would be reluctant to blame Reid entirely for this season's form. He's had to play a lot of mix n' match with different centres throughout and it's hardly a surprise that he's had some poor games. He had a really good partnership with Ben Te'o and that's probably the last time he's had a settled partnership in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Why can't you pick seats on an interactive map for the Semi final. Ridiculous

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I would be reluctant to blame Reid entirely for this season's form. He's had to play a lot of mix n' match with different centres throughout and it's hardly a surprise that he's had some poor games. He had a really good partnership with Ben Te'o and that's probably the last time he's had a settled partnership in the centre.

He is nearly 28 with nearly 100 caps, he hasn't been good enough.

He has played the majority of his games with Rory O'Loughlin at 13.

Let's not turn Carbery into another Ian Madigan. 12 would be my preferred choice for an NIQ signing if Isa is gone, but if he does go and we can't get someone into replace him than I'd rather trust in COB and Frawley then stunt Ireland's 2nd choice fly-half.

Why would it stunt him?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

a little interesting fact on isa

played 54 games for Auckland Blues scoring 212 points (and he was the main kicker for a lot of those games)

since his return to leinster in 2015... hes played 54 games and scored 309 points !!!

makes donal lenihans comments after he returned all the more silly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Synode wrote: »

Do you think they'll make general sale? Are they selling fast on presale?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

They always disable that at the start of the sale, it's too difficult to run it when there's a large volume of people all accessing it at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Absoluely ridiculous.......they charge enough! It seems fairly busy on he site, but got my four reasonably quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I'm more surprised you were expecting something approaching a reasonable level of service from TM.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Prices are definitely higher than the QF. Ticketmaster charge on top is a farce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

If there is anyone knocking around with some spare codes and wants to send them on that'd be cool. Trying to get a group of us in.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

AdamD wrote: »
    Ticketmaster charge on top is a farce too.

Fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

errlloyd wrote: »
    If there is anyone knocking around with some spare codes and wants to send them on that'd be cool. Trying to get a group of us in.

I'm allowed buy 16 so you can take a few of mine if you want. PM me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

errlloyd wrote: »

+1 Just looking for 2 tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

. Yesterday's IT:

“It goes down to what the coaches want. I know when I’m on the bench I can cover 10 and 15. I would love to be first-choice fullback. But it’s pretty hard to get ahead of Rob when he’s playing as well as he is. I don’t want to be pushing just to be number one.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

pc7 wrote: »
    +1 Just looking for 2 tickets

I think there should be more than enough.

Thank you lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Will the general sale go up on TM this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ticketbastard slways try to get season ticket holders the poorer tickets as it’s easier to sell the better ones to casual punters. Leinster are very poor at looking after season ticket holders they are happy to let tm **** on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

salmocab wrote: »
    Ticketbastard slways try to get season ticket holders the poorer tickets as it’s easier to sell the better ones to casual punters. Leinster are very poor at looking after season ticket holders they are happy to let tm **** on them.

Maybe, but I thought that Leinster did not control tickets for this one, thought it is controlled by ERC...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Got two on the half way line 6 rows from front happy out. Don't think there is any anti selection of seats to make it more favorable for general sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

salmocab wrote: »

Not sure where to start with this, but here goes;

1. Ticketmaster don't "try" anything. They are told which tickets to sell, to whom, when and at what price.
    2. These aren't Leinster's tickets to sell, it is EPCR who are selling tickets for this match.
    3. At this point, "casual punters" are unclear if they will get any tickets on general sale. The idea that they're getting preferential treatment is a bit mad.
    4. "Better" tickets is a very nebulous concept. Some people prefer to be higher up, some prefer to be lower down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Will the general sale go up on TM this afternoon?

Doubt it, the presale to season ticket holders is open for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

stephen_n wrote: »
    Doubt it, the presale to season ticket holders is open for a week.

Oh, missed that, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Were people able to select their seats individually? I was on at 10am on the button and wasn't able to (Best Available being the only option). However my friends online at the moment can pick individual seats. Did it change between 10am and now?

I was using a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭rob w

I'm allowed buy 16 so you can take a few of mine if you want. PM me

If you had any more going Id love to try and get some prior to the general sale - if it happens!?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Not sure where to start with this, but here goes;

1. Ticketmaster don't "try" anything. They are told which tickets to sell, to whom, when and at what price.
    2. These aren't Leinster's tickets to sell, it is EPCR who are selling tickets for this match.
    3. At this point, "casual punters" are unclear if they will get any tickets on general sale. The idea that they're getting preferential treatment is a bit mad.
    4. "Better" tickets is a very nebulous concept. Some people prefer to be higher up, some prefer to be lower down.

Well fair enough epcr in this case but they offer the corner tickets out first which I doubt anyone considers the best tickets high or low. I’ve complained before about ticket positioning to Leinster and they told me it’s ticketmaster that puts people where, so a few years back Leinster STH were getting poorer corner tickets for the south stand, although it’s changed now so I’d imagine there were plenty of complaints. Tm are no fools and know how to maximize their sales by holding back better seats and if they sell out quickly before general sale then they’ve lost nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement