Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

impr0v wrote: »
    Does the registration deadline today apply for both games, or just Sunday's.

Also: 5:30 on Sunday? What a sh1t time for a game.
    I believe it can be done any time during the pool stages, but there's a deadline before a match after which you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Well that’s a bit of a lowe blow.

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Well that’s a bit of a lowe blow.
    That's such lowe humour I couldn't even thank it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭scott1974

Irish Times says “Each club is permitted a maximum of two ‘non-European players’ in each match squad.”
    At the moment that's Fardy and JGP, so Fardy isn't going to be sacrificed so we'd have to play Luke Mc and Nick McCarthy to accommodate Lowe..

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/james-lowe-not-registered-by-leinster-for-european-champions-cup-1.3316892?mode=amp

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is JGP even that much better than NMC?

• Advertisement

scott1974 wrote: »
    Irish Times says “Each club is permitted a maximum of two ‘non-European players’ in each match squad.”
    At the moment that's Fardy and JPG, so Fardy isn't going to be sacrificed so we'd have to play Luke Mc and Nick McCarthy to accommodate Lowe..

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/james-lowe-not-registered-by-leinster-for-european-champions-cup-1.3316892?mode=amp
    Jpegs are playing rugby now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Lachlan Turner, Nic White, Julian Salvi and Mitch Lees all started for Exeter in Montpellier and all are Australian. How is that allowed?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Lachlan Turner, Nic White, Julian Salvi and Mitch Lees all started for Exeter in Montpellier and all are Australian. How is that allowed?
    Are they Kolpak?

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Are they Kolpak?

They must be. This sounds like a rule that applies to so few people that it just shouldn't be there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Salvi and Lees have been in England for years so I guess they're naturalised now.

• Advertisement

Salvi and Lees have been in England for years so I guess they're naturalised now.

Just checked and Australia isn't a kolpak country so naturalisation must be it

Just checked and Australia isn't a kolpak country so naturalisation must be it
    No, but if they were born in a Kolpak country, they would qualify. I wasn't bored enough to check and was hoping you would. :o

BTW, I'm not sure how the Indo know he hasn't been registered. Maybe he has been. Bar Heaslip, I don't think there's anyone else we might want to add so you'd wonder why we wouldn't.

And (unpopular opinion coming up) if it's a choice between Lowe and JGP for this particular game, I think you'd have to pick JGP.

I think JGP is seriously under rated on here. There, I said it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Presumably some of them have EU Pacific islands (kolpak) passports under grandparent rules.

Or naturalized citizens in some cases.
    At the moment that's Fardy and JGP, so Fardy isn't going to be sacrificed so we'd have to play Luke Mc and Nick McCarthy to accommodate Lowe..

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Someone messed up if they signed Lowe and Fardy JGP and Lowe all come under this rule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

No

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Thanks for giving us the lowe-down on the situation.

Seriously, if I was James I'd a be a tad dark on missing out on Europe to accommodate Jamison. I suppose Leinster have more back 3 than 9 options. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I think someone at Leinster messed up, running afoul of Kolpak restrictions?

This will apply to the Pro14 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭scott1974

Fardy just had a kid, does that not make him exempt unless they went back to Aus to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fardy just had a kid, does that not make him exempt unless they went back to Aus to have it.

No you need to become a passport holder.

• Advertisement

Rather start lowe and have mccarthy on the bench than have JGP on the bench and no Lowe in squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Lowe is still settling into the squad and we’re away to Exeter this weekend. It’s not the time to be starting a guy who isn’t up to speed. He wasn’t perfect against Treviso and this is a few steps up from that on Sunday. Much ado about nothing for the moment I reckon. I wouldn’t have started him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Much much better

I think someone at Leinster messed up, running afoul of Kolpak restrictions?

This will apply to the Pro14 also.

I don't think it means someone messed up necessarily.
    If the choice was a) sign Lowe and have to rotate the Kiwis a bit or b) not sign Lowe, then is there really much of a debate?

It's not ideal but Nacewa, Byrne, Super Dave, McFadden and Larmour are plenty good to fill the wing jerseys.

I don't think it means someone messed up necessarily.
    If the choice was a) sign Lowe and have to rotate the Kiwis a bit or b) not sign Lowe, then is there really much of a debate?

It's not ideal but Nacewa, Byrne, Super Dave, McFadden and Larmour are plenty good to fill the wing jerseys.
    And it's only until May 2019 when JGP becomes Irish qualified. If he decides to stay obviously.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    And it's only until May 2019 when JGP becomes Irish qualified. If he decides to stay obviously.

JGP arrived later than May 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

irishfan9 wrote: »
    JGP arrived later than May 2016.

May 2019 will be the last month in 2019 where Leinster have a European game while JGP is not IQ.

May 2019 will be the last month in 2019 where Leinster have a European game while JGP is not IQ.

And Fardy will be gone after May 2019

Poster stated JGP becomes irish qualified in May 2019, that is incorrect.

• Advertisement

And Fardy will be gone after May 2019

Hopefully not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement