Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Can you use your paypal account for payment on turkey and mexico?

PayPal currency conversion is terrible you would be better off using Revolut or another similar card

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

I got one of the lads in work to do this.

He proceeded to tell me he did this trick with Spotify.

He now has Spotify Premium family for €2,75

I don't use Spotify to try it. anyone wishing to give it a go?

flexcon wrote: »

Try the Spotify thread you will probably have more luck setting up a family there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Try the Spotify thread you will probably have more luck setting up a family there

Ah yes I forgot about that thread.

Can you imagine combining the whole" Share family account with 6 people" and the main billing account is in turkey.

That's €3 a month divided by 6. 50c per month, or €6 per year. insane

Ah yes I forgot about that thread.

Can you imagine combining the whole" Share family account with 6 people" and the main billing account is in turkey.

That's €3 a month divided by 6. 50c per month, or €6 per year. insane

It’s the way to go for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think spotify differs as in you need a credit card native to the country your setting the vpn to.

I don't know how many boards users have a Turkish Credit card, but I'd assume not many.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone else setting up a premium account here?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I think spotify differs as in you need a credit card native to the country your setting the vpn to.

I don't know how many boards users have a Turkish Credit card, but I'd assume not many.

I pay for my Spotify family account using Paypal, I’m wondering thou would the address be an issue for the family membership

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I pay for my Spotify family account using Paypal, I’m wondering thou would the address be an issue for the family membership

Not sure tbh, I'm really only going by the info I was provided with by another poster who got me that Spotify for a year for a tenner. Sweet deal :D

On another note though, is there anyway of buying Netflix yearly gift cards from any of these other countries?

That way you could buy a years subs upfront - not have to worry about the exchange rate - and simply forget about it until your subscription needs renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Anyone else setting up a premium account here?

Set mine up the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Set mine up the other day. topped up revolut, used torguard and signed up for the premium plan at 39.99 tl a month. €5.69 roughly a month and could probably get cheaper but just wanted to try it worked. Logged out of my basic sub and back in with my new account. Perfect. I will try spotify later today. I don't use deezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

So if signing up to a Turkish account, i wonder if will they ever flag that the account is only used in Ireland? Or is it advised that you should always have a Turkish VPN active when viewing content?

kujaultima wrote: »
    So if signing up to a Turkish account, i wonder if will they ever flag that the account is only used in Ireland? Or is it advised that you should always have a Turkish VPN active when viewing content?

No need for vpn when watching only when signing up
    According to my Netflix setting I’m in America for the last six months this lol
    This is a great deal and long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

You only need a VPN when signing up... For now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have been using mine about a week now, no vpn and no issues with me using anything. It is however, only a week

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Has anyone ever gotten a Netflix ban for using this method?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

As long as you re-subscribe within 10 months, you keep your viewing history, profiles etc as far as I'm aware.

So it's OK to use your usual netflix sign in email address and keep you viewing history?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Yes. You just may not get a free month.

sean72 wrote: »

How can you get banned, all you are doing is using the service abroad as it’s intended
    I’m still on a Mexican plan and view Netflix in America and Uk on a regular basis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

How can you get banned, all you are doing is using the service abroad as it’s intended
    I’m still on a Mexican plan and view Netflix in America and Uk on a regular basis

By VPN? Which VPN do you use?

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    By VPN? Which VPN do you use?

Use any Vpn you want to sign up, others have named vpn companies that allow turkey, once your signed up/joined you don’t need it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Use any Vpn you want to sign up, others have named vpn companies that allow turkey, once your signed up/joined you don’t need it anymore

Yeah I done that already. I meant do you use VPN to watch US or UK netflix? Or you meant you went to US/UK and watched netflix while you were there?

jamescd wrote: »
    Yeah I done that already. I meant do you use VPN to watch US or UK netflix? Or you meant you went to US/UK and watched netflix while you were there?

Smart dns service supplied by getflix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

sean72 wrote: »
    Sssssh ( giving them ideas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Is Turkey still the cheapest to sign up to? About 6 quid a month for the 4 screen package?

glic83 wrote: »
    Is Turkey still the cheapest to sign up to? About 6 quid a month for the 4 screen package?

There is a link in the thread that has the prices for each country
    Go back a couple of pages

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm looking to join in on someone who is doing a year sub, send me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Smart dns service supplied by getflix

Is this still working on PS4 etc.? I tried it yesterday on pc and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What regions of Netflix would getflix give access to?

I've used smartdnsproxy.com and they only allow the US Netflix.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    Is this still working on PS4 etc.? I tried it yesterday on pc and it was fine.

Getflix is working on all the gadgets I have, Xbox nvidia shield smart tv phone and tablets

Advertisement