Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Where did you find this out? In the thread on here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wheety wrote: »

It's on HotUKDeals

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-premium-plan-full-uhd-999-in-uk-now-only-457-with-a-bit-of-work-3013221

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Haz17

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    Same email address with virtual card?

How do you do this?

I think it'll be one of those things that become so well known that Netflix will do something to counteract it. That seems to be a new thread on HDUK even though it's been on there a few times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

So for HD and 2 screens its 27.99 in turkey, does that mean I could top up a revolut card with say €50ish and exchange to Lira and not worry about Lira improving for the year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

xtal191 wrote: »
    So for HD and 2 screens its 27.99 in turkey, does that mean I could top up a revolut card with say €50ish and exchange to Lira and not worry about Lira improving for the year?

That's if Lira do not improve all year :L :L

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-premium-plan-full-uhd-999-in-uk-now-only-457-with-a-bit-of-work-3013221

can't believe it's advertised on HotUKDeals tho hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

xtal191 wrote: »

Assuming Netflix don't raise the price in response to the currency troubles (which isn't necessarily a safe assumption), then yes.

5star02707 wrote: »
    That's if Lira do not improve all year :L :L

I'm pretty sure that's where the idea came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

If anyone has a spare netflix spot send me a pm pls.

Cheers

Any luck with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

German Mydealz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I'm considering putting a group together for myself and a few friends and just have some questions that i hope someone can answer:

Currently I pay the regular price for netflix and have built up a profile, this is linked to my@emailaddress.ie (just an example)

If I sign up for netflix turkey is there anyway I can keep my profile linked my current email address?

I'm aware of how to use the VPN to sign up, but how are people who are sharing the family plan doing this?

Is it best to create a brand new email address and password and share that with the others or whats the best way to do it?

Hope someone can clarify

Thank guys

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I'm considering putting a group together for myself and a few friends and just have some questions that i hope someone can answer:

Currently I pay the regular price for netflix and have built up a profile, this is linked to my@emailaddress.ie (just an example)

If I sign up for netflix turkey is there anyway I can keep my profile linked my current email address?

I'm aware of how to use the VPN to sign up, but how are people who are sharing the family plan doing this?

Is it best to create a brand new email address and password and share that with the others or whats the best way to do it?

Hope someone can clarify

Thank guys

I used my existing netflix account to switch to the Turkey pricing. Kept all my watch history and profiles etc. It's simple, these are the steps I did last week:
    1. Cancel my existing subscription
    2. The day the existing subscription expires, connect to the VPN
    3. Log in to Netflix as normal with the existing account. it will ask you to reactivate your accout.
    4. Ensure the price displayed when reactivating matches the country you are connecting to via VPN.
    5. Reactivate as you normally would. (I updated my payment method to use revolut at this point)

It's very straight forward if you already have a VPN.

I don't see how it matters if you use an existing account or a new one when sharing with a group, can just create the profiles on your existing account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

5star02707 wrote:

This might risk it being shot down/blocked soon...lets hope its not...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭hopskipandjump

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Any luck with this?

I have a slot if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

I have a slot if you're interested?

I am indeed, PM when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Any luck with this?

Yeah I got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

You mean continuously get the free month trial?

It's possible but I couldn't be arsed. Will you use a different email each time or the same?

Yeah I've done it for a long time maybe a year or more hahaha cheap I know. I use the same address.
    Wouldn't like to owe you a bob or 2

Different country each time?

Back and forth I use a VPN on me phone when setting up
    What VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭5star02707

What VPN?

Hola app, just set vpn to turkey and open chrome. It asks you which country you want to open chrome on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

I installed Hola as an extension, have it disabled at the moment. Think my subscription is up tomorrow so will enable it to sign up for the Turkish one and then delete it. Don't like how the free VPNs mostly use your IP for others.

Netflix are probably working on something to stop this happening. I'm sure they know about it.

I've tried Hola Premium as a Chrome Extension & Hola on mobile, with both set to Turkey & I'm still getting full price in € showing up. I've tried clearing cache/cookie/history & disabling location but to no avail. If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful

• Advertisement

fdevine wrote: »
    I've tried Hola Premium as a Chrome Extension & Hola on mobile, with both set to Turkey & I'm still getting full price in € showing up. I've tried clearing cache/cookie/history & disabling location but to no avail. If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful

I didn't use the premium. Worked on Hola free as an extension (on pc).

Make sure Turkey is selected and then go to Netflix through the extension. It should open a new browser window when you select Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Worked eventually. Not sure what I was doing wrong. Now getting Netflix Ultra & Deezer Premium for <€10 pm for both

fdevine wrote: »

I didn't use the premium. Worked on Hola free as an extension (on pc).

Make sure Turkey is selected and then go to Netflix through the extension. It should open a new browser window when you select Turkey.
    Can I use hola to do the same on the phone?

Can I use hola to do the same on the phone?

I don't know to be honest. I wouldn't leave Hola on all the time though. It's safe to download it and try Turkey but I've deleted Hola from my browser now.

According to Revolut, the standard 2 screen package is now below €4 and the 4k 4/5 screen? is €5.70

Edit: i thought that's the cheapest it's been. Not sure when they were the price in post #885

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

i think price rose for turkey now 49TL

lovehathi wrote: »
    i think price rose for turkey now 49TL

Nah, it's still 39.99. Maybe it recovered slightly or the poster had read sterling prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

According to Revolut, the standard 2 screen package is now below €4 and the 4k 4/5 screen? is €5.70

Edit: i thought that's the cheapest it's been. Not sure when they were the price in post #885

The lira has rebounded a bit in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can you use your paypal account for payment on turkey and mexico?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can you use your paypal account for payment on turkey and mexico?

Haven't tried but I would guess so.

Advertisement