Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ive cancelled mine and it says 2nd is last day for streaming. Is it Irish time it goes by i.e. at 1am tonight will it be expired and am I free to sign up again or is it US time?
    That's not really a reasonable question in my opinion. No way anyone not on the inside can know the minutiae of Netflix's billing system. Just it until the following day and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Ive cancelled mine and it says 2nd is last day for streaming. Is it Irish time it goes by i.e. at 1am tonight will it be expired and am I free to sign up again or is it US time?

Could you not just wait 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Could you not just wait 24 hours?

I could but the withdrawal symptoms in house would do my head in. When it stops working will tell all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think it is midnight of the Country you are signed up for.
    But I am not 100% it is.

It may have the information of it here:
    https://www.netflix.com/BillingActivity

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Would you need a Revolut or N26 a/c to make payment or would Irish card work?

• Advertisement

Any card works

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

My membership ran out yesterday and used Hola to sign up on the Turkish site.

4.77 taken off my Revolut card for the 2 screen plan. Great tips lads, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Skelet0n wrote: »
    My membership ran out yesterday and used Hola to sign up on the Turkish site.

4.77 taken off my Revolut card for the 2 screen plan. Great tips lads, cheers.
    Mine is up over the weekend. Is it a free trial of Hola you used?

I presume you don't need to use any VPN or anything different to watch once you're signed up?

Ii'll try Getflix (from another thread) once I renew with the Turkish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

Wheety wrote: »

I presume you don't need to use any VPN or anything different to watch once you're signed up?

think is free and dont need a trial?

I just used the Hola Chrome extension, didn't pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Couple of questions guys before I bite the bullet

Is the content different on the Turkish version compared to the Irish one?

Is it worth paying the extra to get the UHD 4 screen plan??

Did you read any of the previous pages?

Skelet0n wrote: »
    I just used the Hola Chrome extension, didn't pay for it.

Ah yes. I actually used to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Yes sorry for my late reply just read through the previous 839 posts.

;)

Any card works

Any card will work but you will incur an FX fee of a couple of euros on a card from most Irish banks that can invalidate the savings.

If you have Revolut, use it to avoid the fees and get a better rate.

No need for sarcasm, all your q are answered on this thread.
    You get content of the country you are watching it in.
    4 screen plan is worth it if you want 4 screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

4 screen plan is worth it if you want 4 screens.

Or if you have a 4k TV. Planet Earth II in 4k is stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Stupify wrote: »
    So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.

Link to the spreadsheet on post 814

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Link to the spreadsheet on post 814

Thanks OmegaGene

• Advertisement

FYI it expired Mexico midnight. Anyways, turned on turkey vpn, logged into Netflix and price plans all as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Stupify wrote:

Yes...i am planning to subscribe thru turkey..can anyone confirm if i use revolut money will be taken automatically monthly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

Yes...i am planning to subscribe thru turkey..can anyone confirm if i use revolut money will be taken automatically monthly ?

As long as there's money on the card, it'll be taken automatically

I installed Hola as an extension, have it disabled at the moment. Think my subscription is up tomorrow so will enable it to sign up for the Turkish one and then delete it. Don't like how the free VPNs mostly use your IP for others.

Netflix are probably working on something to stop this happening. I'm sure they know about it.

I installed Hola as an extension, have it disabled at the moment. Think my subscription is up tomorrow so will enable it to sign up for the Turkish one and then delete it. Don't like how the free VPNs mostly use your IP for others.

Netflix are probably working on something to stop this happening. I'm sure they know about it.

How can they stop it in reality? Go into your workplace, tell everyone about how they can get netflix for half the price and I guarantee that you'd be lucky to find 0.1% who would bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,862 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

How can they stop it in reality? Go into your workplace, tell everyone about how they can get netflix for half the price and I guarantee that you'd be lucky to find 0.1% who would bother.

Agreed, most people I know can’t be arsed and pay full whack and pay for sky full package too

The internet isn’t for everyone

They could pretty easily stick something in their T&Cs that, say, 75% of your consumption comes from the billing country.

If they really wanted to stop it, they could.

They just couldn't be arsed. I'd not bother paying if it was full whack, it's only worth the few euro to me.
    On a side point, I got prime last week and prime video isn't a patch on Netflix. Even usability is crap and taunting you with extras that u must pay for.

Prime doesn't have the content of Netflix but there's absolutely no way you can say it's usability is inferior. The UI is far superior, especially when combined with Alexa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

Stupify wrote: »

Turkey via Hola, very happy

Advertisement