Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My sub is due to renew on 27th.

Anyone know if the OP bargain is still working if I was to cancel and sign up with VPN to turkey etc / Revolut payment etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crinkley

I did it this morning and it worked with the vouchers just, I can't add any of my cards as a back up payment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Phew

Just as well I checked in here

Curve card expiry updated and wasn't sure if I needed to update while logged in via vpn.

Checked here and a post on the previous page said to add a backup card firstl, which I did. It accepted the back up but it won't accept the new expiry of my Curve card.

Edit

Having re-read the post by @Mr.S I added the updated Curve card as a new payment method and it accepted that, overwriting the original Curve card. That remains preferred payment method with both my Revolut and Revolut virtual cards as back up. Virtual Revolut is valid until 2026.

Post edited by G1032 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Anyone else having bother trying to buy vouchers from Turgame.

Keeps popping up with an error on the payment confirmation scree. Tried on a few browsers and phone but same thing

The reply from support is that the credit card needs a 3D security system .... whatever that is??

Update: managed to process payment using Revolut virtual card. All went through fine!

Post edited by Saint_Mel on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Testament1

My main Revolut card is due to expire soon so I added a virtual Revolut card as a backup payment option today. Went through no problem. I made sure to have some Turkish Lira in my account and sure enough a fee of 1 Turkish Lira was charged to my card and immediately reverted. I didn't use a Turkish VPN and wasn't asked for a Turkish phone number.

After trying multiple times last week I was just able to add my virtual revolut card as a backup card. Have the credits until November anyway but this will be far easier

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Couldn't get this working again.

I was on Irish Netflix, but changed my card to revolut (I didn't pay for Netflix with this card yet)

Cancelled Netflix and waited until it expired today.

VPN, incognito, and restarted membership choosing the premium plan in TL currency. After I confirm my billing details and hit next it says where was a problem with this card.

Tried Argentina vpn but the same issue.

Going to give Ireland 1 more month, paid through revolut this time, and then try again.

Any thoughts?

Have you got some Turkish Lira in your Revolut account? I added a virtual Revolut card today and it confirmed my card by charging 1 Turkish Lira to my card and refunding it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I am trying to add my new revolut card to my account. I can access a VPN if needed. If I add my new card as a new payment method, it gives me an error. If I add it as an alternative card, it prompts me for a phone number.

Any suggestions on work arounds? There is Turkish Lira on my Revolut account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'd suggest buying Netflix gift cards. They are ridiculously cheap at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Where do you buy and how do you add gift cards?

I used G2A didn't need a vpn and for my 3rd voucher they asked for a mobile but was able to give my Irish one.

After days of trying was also able to add my revolut as a back up, but wasn't able to add another card today, seems to be very hit and miss. Added enough vouchers anyway to last me until November doing one at a time in case they stopped working. Cost me about 37 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I bought here for setting up a friend.

12. 50 for 200 lyra card, i didn't know they did 200 lyra so bough 5 100 lyra.

I did have an issue adding them where it blocked adding more than 2 gift cards per profile.

I selected 2 other profiles to add all the giftcards to the account.

It now looks like it would let me add more.

If you buy 600 lyra worth of gifcards you should be set for just over a year, unless the price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Disney plus have now finally announced what dates and prices will be for the service when it launches in eastern European countries. Wow turkey is cheap! Even Tunisia works out cheaper than turkey! Will be interesting to see if a new thread gets opened on this forum where someone has finally had some success beating their paywall! Sorry to post in this netflix thread, just thought people might be interested seeing as there is no Disney plus thread similar to this one in the bargains.

If you know anyone going on holidays to Turkey you can get them to open a Google account over there. They can open a Disney plus account through the play store. You only need to have someone in Turkey to first open the account. After that it will run automatically through play store.

I'm hoping someone from my circle goes to Porto Rico. Paramount Plus, Hbomax etc are dirt cheap there

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

No, is that a requirement now? Revolut should do the exchange for me, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

Do you still need to sub to Irish NF for a month, and let it lapse? Or can you go straight in with these vouchers on a new account?

Seems to be just for confirming that a new card is in the regional currency. Give it a go anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just use the bluestacks trick, it's on the F1 tv thread. Though I thought Disney plus was like Netflix and didn't engage with play store purchasing.

I'll check that out. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭Inviere

Can anyone help me decipher the updated part of the OP, I genuinely can't understand it (have read it several times). Here's how I read it at the moment:

Opens with - "enter the payment method you wish to use when you move to your chosen country" what does this even mean?

1) sign up to Irish Netflix for a month, cancel, then let it lapse.

2) begin process of renewing sub

3) enter the payment method of chosen country (confused, what chosen country...only step 3 here... )

4) enter a genuine mobile number for account recovery.

5) cancel subscription (again??)

6) renew sub using a vpn via an incognito tab.

It also doesn't seem to mention these vouchers everyone is talking about, linked above.

I'm obviously reading it all arseways, can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Also trying to add my new Revolut card as back up card but keep getting error when trying to add. Did you manage to get it sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Having just loaded up a gift card I'm not sure why anybody would bother faffing about trying to get Irish bank cards to work. So easy and it automatically becomes default payment so I didn't even have to delete my expiring bank card.

I think works out a little more expensive but with the currency so low at the moment its great value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I had it had setup with revolut, had 2 years left on my card but it's being replaced and can't seem to add another card without the Turkish phone number.

Just bought multiple 200TL vouchers form TUR for less than 80 euro. 70 something euro and I'm good now until april 2024. Going by Irish prices that would have cost me 503.76 euro.

A saving of 420-430 quid. Canny go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Looks like Turkey are increasing price.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business/tech/netflix-hikes-prices-in-turkey-by-around-40

"Accordingly, the basic package fee, which was TL 26.99 ($1.83), increased to TL 37.99 ($2.58), the standard package fee was raised from TL 40.99 to TL 57.99, and the special package fee from TL 54.99 to TL 77.99."

Confirmed on netflix site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Quite hefty increases for them, still pretty cheap for us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TL 77.99 works out at about €4.86 for the top package which is still along way from than the €20.99 being charged here.

I had problems adding my new Revolut card as a backup card a few pages back but eventually it accepted it after reducing my Revolut Euro wallet to zero. That way when it verified the new card by deducting a nominal amount it took it from my TL wallet. I think by default with Revolut it takes it in Euro first which was rejected by Netflix as it wasn't the country where I signed up. Youtubepremium has already worked with the new Revolut card so just Prime Video and Netflix both from Turkey to test and will know if a few days if they work or not.

Advertisement