Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

I take it you used a vpn in live chat so they think you're actually in Turkey?

And did you use a vpn initially when you tried to pay and it failed? As I'm sure in live chat, they will look at the logs on your account and see your ip address where you tried to pay from?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They may also be wondering why your contacting them in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Nope,no vpn when I contacted them 1st or 2nd time.

My Curve expires in few months and agent said to do same thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Still looking for a cheap family space for the in-laws if anyone has one available?

That reads like a terrible swap deal for the person with the family space!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Stewball

I might give this a go at the weekend.

I've read the first post in the thread but I'm wondering if buying vouchers is the best way to go instead of using Revolut or Curve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I couldn't get Revolut to work out my credit card so just bought cards on Eneba.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭JohnnyJohnJohns

I'll try the cards first and if that doesn't work I'll go with vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

500 turkish Lira worth of Netflix vouchers for 35 euro (includes fee) on TurGame. That's me toped up for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muloc

I couldn't get Revolut to work so bought a few months of vouchers which expired yesterday.

Wasn't expecting the Revolut to work but it came off today. Came in as €2.67 for 40.99 TL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Whatever has happened in Argentina, the price has reverted back to 7e for the full HD 4 screen

Got signed up today. I'll mainly be watching on my TV - do I just sign in as normal or do I need a VPN on the TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Post edited by devil-80 on

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Has anyone ever had their Netflix giftcard number rejected? The card if from TURGAME and wasn't previously used.

I'm getting a "the code you entered is invalid" message.

Definitely on turkisk account - the prices are in TL. I have checked the giftcard number a few times to ensure that is it is typed in properly

There is a CAPTHCA coming up which I don't think I remember seeing when putting in giftcards previously.

Same issue with Windsrcribe and VPNunlimited.

Tried again there and there is a "we are unable to process your request" message after the giftcard code is entered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I don't think you need to use the vpn to add gift cards

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

I should have explained that I am trying to convert an Irish account (sub expired) to a Turkish account. You need to be on a VPN to get the price to appear in TL when you are rejoining. The price shows in TL alright, but it won't accept the Turkish giftcard for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Some of my gift cards wouldn't go through. I tried the next day or the day after & they worked. I don't think I used vpn when loading the cards

This might be a silly question but I have to ask it, are you sure that you have Turkey gift cards?

You should be on vpn to join netflix turkey. I think you need to add a debit /credit card. It most likely won't accept the debit card. This is the Time to try the gift card

If it still doesn't work I'd clear the cache on the browser or try a different browser. I think I used private mode on the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Revolut card is expiring this month. To update card details, do I need to be on VPN (and in Turkey)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

a decent enough price hike on netflix, time for me to go through this thread and see how i can get sorted. if anyone has a brief overview or can point me to the latest way to save my netflix account (i have premium so 4 devices watch at once) for less than the new price of €20+ i would really appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

Same thing happening my Revolut in the next 2 months. Will need to update my card details also for my Turkish account. Can you let me know when you try it and get it working what was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Vpn Into Turkey. Subscribe on Netflix in Turkey and pay in Turkish lira. Use revolut or n26 as no conversion charges. See thread starter for more detail. At moment, regular HD with 4 users is about €2.70 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I cancelled my sub last night with the intention of doing this today. I assumed I could do the sign out of all devices today but should've done it last night. Got a welcome back mail today before I could do it and it was the new 20.99 price so either my dad tried to watch something even though I told him not to or I'm suspicious that this price increase caused it to auto renew again.

I do think they auto renewed me as I know when I checked this morning to see if my sub had lapsed, I had to enter my login details before I could do anything and I didn't get any messages from home looking for the login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

€21/month!😲

All the streaming services I have don't even come to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's getting to sky TV pricing, you'd expect live channels etc with it. Yet plenty will keep paying it while we all stay in Turkey. Been in Turkey for 4 years this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Yes, - 21.99 is insane, they've pushed it over the limit now for me. Been a customer non-stop since launch day in 2013 and I have now cancelled. Hello Turkey it is so...

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭HGVRHKYY

People ITT may know, but Netflix is cheapest in Turkey (?) from what I see people say here, but what about Disney+ and HBO and Prime? If I go to the effort of doing this with Netflix, I think I'll do it for the others also, if they actually work when doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I had prime turkey for awile. It was cheap as chips but I needed a UK prime account for delivery so I dropped Turkey prime. I have HBOMAX for under €3 per month from Costa Rica. The cheapest I can find Disney is US for $70. There are cheaper countries but they seem impossible to sign up to from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

for disney, it may be easier to share the account with someone you know

at some point their greed will effectively re-open piracy as an option (eventually, using a vpn and another country to sign up will be pulled too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I added my new Revolut as a back up card and it was accepted no problem. You can then make your back up card your main card. No vpn needed.

Advertisement