Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

That's interesting.

My Revolut card changed and I had to link the new one to NF Turkey, surprisingly went through without a hitch. I bulk converted eur to lira last year, so Revolut has a lira balance. I wonder could that be the difference. Revolut probably doesn't trigger a dynamic currency conversion which would tell NF that the currency was not local?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bingo.

I had money in both my Euro and Turkish Lira wallets. So looks like when Netflix was verifying the card it by default took a nominal amount from my Euro Revolut wallet rather than Turkish Lira. I moved money out of my Euro wallet so that my balance was 0 and tried adding the Revolut card as backup payment again and presto it worked first time. I then made the new Revolut backup payment card my primary payment card. Did all this without a VPN. Fingers crossed now that it will go through smoothly on the next payment date.

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just tried that as well but they're still looking for a Turkish phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

When my revolute card expired it wouldn't allow me assign the new card without a turkish number (i had tried through a vpn). I gave up for a while going back to the Irish sub, a month later tried again and it all worked fine, didn't ask for a number and allowed me update the payment details. It seems a bit hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think it is while they are testing. There are free sites that hit and miss will give you virtual (Country) numbers that work if you have to receive a text password or pin for example. If you don't there are also sites that will give you a fake address and number etc.

They are just examples, there may be better versions. But if testing and they ask you for a number it may end up being advantageous in the long run if you were able to register with a number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Never once asked for a Turkish number. Just got the verification request via the Revolut app when I added it as a backup payment. Didn't use a VPN either. Yesterday it wouldn't work for me at all using any method, verification made but instantly rejected and when talking to Netflix live chat they said it was rejected because it was trying to verify in Turkish Lira where the account was created but the card used wasn't issued in Turkey and was verifying in Euro currency.

The only other thing I can think of is that I only activated the new card yesterday so maybe something was done by Revolut between yesterday and today with my account to allow it work today? I've always had money in both Euro and Lira wallets in the past at the same time and never had an issue previously when payments were taken. My understanding is that Revolut will attempt to take payment in the currency of the charging vendor first and if there aren't sufficient funds in that currency then it takes it from whichever wallet has sufficient funds and automatically does a currency exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

How would they know? IP address? What if 2 people in the house were both using their own mobile data hence different IP? Or one in the house is watching Netflix in a hotel room?

Phones are usually NATd on the mobile provider side, all phones would appear to come from the same IP address.

They are testing at the moment new ways of checking. I guess if two people were using different VPN's in the same house also no way of knowing, maybe they plan on adding location or something. Somebody has suggested elsewhere that it may be illegal anyway, in EU. Similar to them trying to stop people buying it one country and then bringing home that subscription.

Equally, even if it was legal and it was implemented, surely it would be easy enough to bypass.

• Advertisement

Where's the best way to buy the Turkish vouchers?

Probably

g2a.com or eneba.com

Sorry, read below.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Rustyman101

Turgame just bought 200 TL card worked no bother, had grief with g2a for some reason ?

Turgame. I couldn't think of the name of it. That is the closest to the actual exchange rate IIRC and another. Bynob? Bygamer? But that is all in Turkish.

Yeah, sorry, G2a and eneba are good, but the actual Turkish ones best value exchange rate (I think).

EDIT It was Bynogame - https://www.bynogame.com/tr/oyunlar/netflix

Handy in case one is down.

Post edited by Suckit on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Hi everyone can someone walk me through getting my Netflix sub as cheap as possible please I’m currently paying €21 a month but I’ve no idea about vpns etc

thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

my PTSB debit card is due to expire next month, what's the best way to change over to something that it will accept now? Does Revolut work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have Netflix with Turkey for couple of years now, was always around 6€ but now it's 3.4€ which is pittance for what you get.

Getting worried that they'll pull out of Turkey or crackdown on people paying through another country.

I'm paying through a normal bank account in Ireland so not sure how it still works. Kinda feels like stealing at this price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Went to use that site and it is asking for GSM approval, which needs a Turkish ID number.

Using my Revolut card (with Turkish Lira) on Netflix isn't working for some reason

N26 does work, but then it asks me to confirm using a Turkish phone number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

just added 2x 100TL cards this morning, not allowing me to add anymore though

For Bynogame that is new. I have never been asked for anything other than payment with them before. Was there any option to skip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muloc

Revolut working for me. I had to use vouchers first as it wouldn't work with revolut but once they expired it came off revolut automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

For a premium sub, Ireland is 3rd highest on that list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Not that I could see, anytime I picked the option to add funds to my account it asked for GSM confirmation (ie prove I was Turkish citizen).

I couldn't see any way to buy something without adding money to the online wallet, but I freely admit I could've missed something very obvious.

In the end I bought a voucher elsewhere and added it no problem. I hope now when I add a new payment method for revolut, I can confirm it with an Irish number and then the auto renewal will take it in Turkish Lira

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Turgame is selling on g2a - I bought some 2-3 weeks back at a really good rate, 3x 100TL. Vouchers arrived within 5 minutes, loaded all 3, one after the other, no issues to my Netflix account

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I recently set up a friend with vouchers and it stopped me adding more then 2 vouchers as well, i don't know why but it looks like it's profile linked, i managed to add the rest of the vouchers using 2 other profiles (i loaded 5 in total).

You just have to chose another profile and go to account then it it should let you load more.

I set her up with a voucher first, then tried to add card as backup payment, no joy, i just got an error so i ended up loading a year with of turkish vouchers.

I've just checked and the voucher adding seems to be back to normal

Post edited by mistress_gi on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I bought 4 x 200 vouchers from Turgame. It let me add 2 vouchers then it blocked the Redeem page from opening. Tried with different browsers & the app on phone & all were blocked. Turned on Express VPN for Turkey & I loaded the last two. I'm paid up until September 2003 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

same happened me, tried when I got home and new turkey VPN ip, and they balance loaded for me, likewise, I'm paid up now to June 2023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭crinkley

I've managed to add 2 vouchers which brings me up to the middle of July but it won't accept my revolut card or credit card as backup payment which I would ideally like to do

may just keep adding vouchers to see how I get on

Advertisement