Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

About a fiver all in with the increase. When I signed up a few years back that was about the price 5-7 euro depending on the Turkish rate.

I think I've watched one series on netfllix since it started about 20 odd years ago but I have to have it at that price 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

All set up - just a note to say thanks to all the posters. Actually had my Revolut already set up on Irish account as payment method so it's still there on Turkish account. Anyway used vouchers and all set up til Sept.

Just one thing I came across that may help people. I bought 2 vouchers - input 1 at re-signup through the VPN and worked fine but when I went to add the second one it said error. Came out of VPN and logged in normally and voucher was accepted fine. No idea why that happened but may save someone else 5 mins of pain.

Cheers all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I've tried this twice today and both times it failed at payment. I didn't connect to VPN to do this, is this an issue? It lets me get to the point of the payment processing and then fails out - tried my Revolut and normal bank cards...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Was coming in here to see the best way to change my Revolut card as they're being updated.

Then remembered, I had changed it to Curve so the money can be charged to our Irish (joint) Credit Card.

So Curve might work for some.

• Advertisement

Randomly the order that failed changed its mind and processed, so I'm sorted to Christmas now...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

After using 2 gift cards the page started to refuse the rest (I bought 5). I went to the chat and they redeemed the other 3 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sorry if it was asked, but what time does the Netflix sub end? It still says it's the last day to stream even though it was due to expire on the 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I bought a code for 100 TL from there and tried to add it.

On Netflix, it's saying that the code entered is not valid, any idea why this is?

Thanks

Just thinking, could the OP be updated with the instructions for using the vouchers being discussed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The Vouchers worked for me, and no need to use a VPN

However, on the voucher page, I did choose Turkey as the activation country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Strange...Cannot login via Turkey, says password is wrong (i know its not)

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, Ive tried various approached, different VPN, no joy, just says code is not valid, or rejected because of my gmail address. Must be tied to my previous credit card detail, which Netflix will not let me remove.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

My sub finally expired. So logged in, got to payment details but said problem with card even though was same Revolut I paid with last month.

So tried buying codes and code wasn't valid.

Will try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

Get onto customer service ( chat if possible), they might be able apply it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Netflix are testing new ways to stop people taking advantage of stuff like that, but it is not illegal. They were told that a couple of years ago.

There is more info about the tests that Netflix are doing linked a page or two back. My guess is that they are testing now, and it'll be back soon. As a side note, as it's not illegal to have visited Turkey, purchased a subscription and cam back to Ireland you can contact Netflix and ask them to reset your password or explain to them that you can't access your account with the correct credentials.

Do the g2a and turgame codes take a while to activate? Bought from both sites but none work.

I clicked to restart my membership, it asked for plan and payment details so same plan and same payment (Revolut) but problem with payment. So tried another payment method using the voucher code but said wasn't valid for 3 g2a and 1 turgame cards I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I redeemed 5 100 lira giftcards from turgame in March and they worked perfectly. Apart from having to change profile every 2 cards

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Do the gift cards lock in the price? When I added them it said I'm covered to December, but if they increase price will that move forward, or do I get the old price until cards run out?

• Advertisement

I'm having the same issue. Has it worked for you yet?

I ended up just buying 4 x 200TL vouchers and applying them. Should have me covered for 10 months at the highest quality. Cost me €67.63 for the vouchers. I was on the €14.99 p/m package, so saving €82.72 for a better package. If I was on the corresponding package, I would save €142.63

Not bad, not bad at all

The turgame voucher finally worked just now. None of the 3 g2a vouchers worked

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

No they do not lock in the price. And they will move backwards not forward, forward is into January February so backwards would be October November.

Bought them yesterday morning. So still not working over 24 hours later

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Payment taken today from my recently renewed Revolut card without issue. So happy days continue for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Dingaan

Not sure if this is common knowledge. I got an email from Netflix this morning about a price increase. Increase from 55 to 78 on the top package. Still good value for us.

"We hope you’re enjoying everything Netflix has to offer. We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will change to 77.99 TL on May 12, 2022."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Was posted few days ago here. Still cheaper than converted amount 6 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Anyone signed up for a new account via Turkey in last few days or everyone just renewing their subs?

If you did manage to sign up a new account - did it work through Revolut or the vouchers?

Thanks

Advertisement