Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ^ you can’t usually change payment method using the Turkish site, best option is to bounce back to Ireland for a month and back to Turkey again

So cancel my netflix, let it expire, restart my membership on Irish netflix with new payment details (irish card/revolut), cancel it, let it expire, VPN onto Turkey and restart my membership via Turkey with new payment details (revolut)?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

So cancel my netflix, let it expire, restart my membership on Irish netflix with new payment details (irish card/revolut), cancel it, let it expire, VPN onto Turkey and restart my membership via Turkey with new payment details (revolut)?

You need to allow one payment to go through in ireland from the card you intend to use when you "move" to turkey.
    No need to cancel in ireland yet. just update payment, allow a payment to go through then cancel. 1 or 2 days after your sub expires vpn to turkey and restart membership

Just make sure your updating details and contact numbers on irish site.

Hmmm. i've cancelled my turkey netflix, and i'm trying to restart my membership via Ireland (so I can restart the whole process again) but it keeps giving me the same error
    "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use." :confused:

Even trying to pay using paypal it craps out when I click "continue to paypal". Somethings funked with the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

Hmmm. i've cancelled my turkey netflix, and i'm trying to restart my membership via Ireland (so I can restart the whole process again) but it keeps giving me the same error
    "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use." :confused:

Even trying to pay using paypal it craps out when I click "continue to paypal". Somethings funked with the account.

I had to change payment methods last year (lost bloody bank card) but I’ve just been running with 100TL gift cards Since then; painless. Couldn’t be arsed myself switching back to irl, even for the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

dodzy wrote: »
    I had to change payment methods last year (lost bloody bank card) but I’ve just been running with 100TL gift cards Since then; painless. Couldn’t be arsed myself switching back to irl, even for the month.

Hi Dodzy, am coming to this thread late but TL gift cards , where do you get them from ? Thanks

Has your Netflix actually stopped working ?
    If you keep using various payment methods netflix will lock the account for 24/48 hours
    Try a different device tomorrow using incognito

Yeah. Stopped working yesterday. I'll leave it a couple of days so and try again. I l know my wife (it's her account) tried putting in every credit card she had when her revolut card died (long story, irrelevant), so could very likely be blocked.
    dodzy wrote: »

Tried that. Bought a 75TL gift card.... which will be text to me phone number :rolleyes:
    Never going to happen. I just left it, that €8 isn't worth chasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭CorkBoyInDub

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I'm in a disney family here for €17 for the year

How did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Dodzy, am coming to this thread late but TL gift cards , where do you get them from ? Thanks

Had been getting them from Gavimo but i just checked there and they’ve bumped up the price to €14 for the 100TL ( approx 2.5 mths worth)- had been getting them cheaper. I’m loaded up until June so I’ll worry about it nearer the time. I suppose ‘worry’ is a bit of an exaggeration :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

Netflix USA: "We’re updating our prices to bring you more great entertainment. Your monthly price will increase by $1 to $13.99 on February 28, 2021."

And this is the lower quality, not the 4K package... hardly used it past couple months - so that's a bye from me.

Where is it still possible get a good deal from? Thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

For anyone having problem signing up to Turkey, I just signed up to South Africa. Between 9-10 a month for premium. A lot easier than signing up to Turkey and still a significant saving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

you make it sound like signing up in turkey is a difficult thing to do, my 11 year old nephew did it 2 days ago on his first attempt

Sorry, but there have been a few issues for people here, myself included when signing up to Netflix Turkey. I've switched netflix account a few times now with exchange rates and tx changes recently.

I eventually got signed up to Turkey but not as straight forward as you make out!! Well done to your 11 year old nephew!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Sorry, but there have been a few issues for people here, myself included when signing up to Netflix Turkey. I've switched netflix account a few times now with exchange rates and tx changes recently.

I eventually got signed up to Turkey but not as straight forward as you make out!! Well done to your 11 year old nephew!

Personally Ive moved a number of accounts over to Turkey and Ive only has issues once, and that was when the person tried it themselves first a couple of times and there was a freeze put on their accounts. The easiest way is not to do everything in one go. Change your card payment details mid month and then a few days later cancel your Irish account. Once your account has then been cancelled, log in via Turkey and reactivate. This has been fool proof for any of the ones I did and the say for people who I told how to do the same.

How did you get that?

Think it was the disney plus thread beginning of lockdown. Few people started families and I got in on one. Think some others create one with actual family members.
    I think it's 5 screens you get and you can create your own profile. But after years of being the only one paying for a premium netflix account my real family can feck off. Strangers on boards much more trustworthy 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

snoopy84 wrote:
    Think it was the disney plus thread beginning of lockdown. Few people started families and I got in on one. Think some others create one with actual family members. I think it's 5 screens you get and you can create your own profile. But after years of being the only one paying for a premium netflix account my real family can feck off. Strangers on boards much more trustworthy 🙂

You made me laugh out loud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

you make it sound like signing up in turkey is a difficult thing to do, my 11 year old nephew did it 2 days ago on his first attempt

There's numerous posts from people having issues. It's just an easier option for those having difficulty. No need to be a @#$@ about it. I myself have Turkish account so don't worry about my level of stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I let my Revolut Card run out of credit...I know, I know.. I can still watch Netflix. (I would say that will stop at midnight) I am being prompted to update my payment. But when I do this I get the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." Any suggestions?

If they have only tried to take it once then top up the Revolut and they will attempt to take it again, if not vpn to Turkey and restart it with the same payment info as before
    They have made 2 attempts to take payment. It was in the early hours so I missed them. I have topped up now. I have tried paying using a VPN. Restart with the same payment? Start a new account or new login details?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Kalyke wrote: »
    They have made 2 attempts to take payment. It was in the early hours so I missed them. I have topped up now. I have tried paying using a VPN. Restart with the same payment? Start a new account or new login details?

Do you know if the card in your account was a prepaid card ? If so maybe get a virtual card and try that. All of their new cards are supposed to be debt, rather than prepaid

drogon. wrote: »
    Do you know if the card in your account was a prepaid card ? If so maybe get a virtual card and try that. All of their new cards are supposed to be debt, rather than prepaid
    It is post paid/ debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

When your Netflix expires hit up the vpn to Turkey and restart your current subscription

Can you move Mexican sub to Turkey? Whats the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Did anyone bought turkish netflix gift card recently.
    I tried from https://www.trendyol.com/ but my order cancelled after 7-10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Can you move Mexican sub to Turkey? Whats the process?

I actually tried this today on my expired Mexican account and it wouldn't work.

Managed to login to Turkish site with KeepSolid. (Nord was no good - it kept sending me to the US site).

Got to the payment plan page on the Turkish site and thought I was home and dry, but then it indicated I needed to reconfirm the payment method. It had all my card details stored, but wanted me to confirm the CVV number.

It then wouldn't accept payment. (Revolut card - but its the same one that I've been using for the MX site for the last two years)

Had to revert back to Mexico in the end.

A few years back this was quite simple, but it seems to be getting harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Trevord wrote:
    Had to revert back to Mexico in the end.

I think the trick here is to go back to Ireland for a month. Put in Irish phone number etc. Cancell and after the Irish subscription expires join turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Revolut is possibly the issue here, try it with curve next month or bounce back to Ireland for a month

Ya I know they had become very fussy about Revolut cards.

I was out of options today really as the other cards (Irish Bank Debit and Credit cards) I have hadn't been used with Netflix previously. I even gave them a try and they wouldn't work.

Wary about switching to Ireland in case I lose ability to get back even to the Mexico account. It would be nice to pay less, but last thing I want is to pay more!

Mexico was fine but their currency has been strengthening and they added a digital tax also, so it has crept up quite a bit in price in last few years.

Might give switching another spin next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Got an alert this morning that my Turkish payment through curve had been declined twice overnight. Logged in through VPN but it's no longer bringing me to the 'Restart my membership' page that normally works. Tomorrow is the actual date the payment is due. Hopefully it works than.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think the trick here is to go back to Ireland for a month. Put in Irish phone number etc. Cancell and after the Irish subscription expires join turkey

I switched directly from Argentina to Turkey with no problems. Just used the tried and tested method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Netflix wont accept any of my payments now, not even my TSB card on an Irish IP. Netflix told me that my account is blocked for 24 hours because I changed my payment method too much :(

Any advice?

Kalyke wrote: »
    I let my Revolut Card run out of credit...I know, I know.. I can still watch Netflix. (I would say that will stop at midnight) I am being prompted to update my payment. But when I do this I get the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later." Any suggestions?
    They eventually accepted payment today from my Revolut....Will never let it run out again!! Thanks all for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

ciano1 wrote: »
    Netflix wont accept any of my payments now, not even my TSB card on an Irish IP. Netflix told me that my account is blocked for 24 hours because I changed my payment method too much :(

Any advice?
    Wait 24 hours and try again.

Advertisement