Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Del007 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. If I select the basic plan when setting up an Irish account then can I update to the premium version with the Turkey Netflix after 1 month?

Thanks

Yes. You effectively cancel your Irish plan but it will already have the card details etc active on the account so when you sign up in Turkey, it will ask you to pick a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

trying it today, did anyone get asked for a turkish number to reactivate? if so how did ye get around that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Add the mobile number while your Irish subscription is still active

It’s an idea for anyone signing up to read the thread for five minutes

Read all 92 pages or is there a post that sums it all up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

pretty sure I've 1 question after going back a bit - I see a lot of people switching payment to Revolut, is that necessary or just to avoid currency conversion charges? Am I okay, if I want, to leave the payment as it is now with PTSB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up,

During the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,an Irish debit or credit card seems to be the best for that but Curve and to a lesser extent Revolut sometimes work.

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Add the mobile number while your Irish subscription is still active

It’s an idea for anyone signing up to read the thread for five minutes

Hi.

When you say add the number whilst Irish account active... Do you mean setup account with Irish mobile number and then change it to a Turkish number after, or just set it up with some random Turkish number at the start of Irish setup ?

Thanks.

Hi.

When you say add the number whilst Irish account active... Do you mean setup account with Irish mobile number and then change it to a Turkish number after, or just set it up with some random Turkish number at the start of Irish setup ?

Thanks.

Irish mobile number m8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Hi.

Thanks.

Don’t forget to upload your Turkish passport

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I had a Netflix account for years, normal Irish sign up.

Cancelled last month.

Trying to reactive today using Cyberghost VPN. It recognises I'm in Turkey, price showing in TL, but when I try to subscribe I get:

"There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I'm using the same Revolut card I had always used. Even if I try use my TSB card, or a virtual Revolut card different to my physical one, same issue.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

Revolut hit and miss at the moment? I tried to sign up to curve today but its claiming curve blue is all out ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

I am trying to register with revolut to turkey account for 4 screen plan with hola vpn to no joy it wont ge through the payement page with revolut? Revolut seems to be holding the pending payement. will I add turkish lira to my revolut? Thanks

I had a Netflix account for years, normal Irish sign up.

Cancelled last month.

Trying to reactive today using Cyberghost VPN. It recognises I'm in Turkey, price showing in TL, but when I try to subscribe I get:

"There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I'm using the same Revolut card I had always used. Even if I try use my TSB card, or a virtual Revolut card different to my physical one, same issue.

Any ideas?

same prob as mine though jsut setting up a new account

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

It’s mad how complicated this becomes with the way people are trying to pay , convert to LIRa , add Turkish numbers etc . Just short of do I need to speakTurkish .

If you just follow the basic instructions constantly repeated here it should work fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Daz_ wrote: »
    It’s mad how complicated this becomes with the way people are trying to pay , convert to LIRa , add Turkish numbers etc . Just short of do I need to speakTurkish .

If you just follow the basic instructions constantly repeated here it should work fine .

Apart from those who do follow the instructions here and it doesn't work fine.

Apart from those who do follow the instructions here and it doesn't work fine.

Worked fine for me. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be for you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

So basically cancel current sub then when expires reactivate plan through a VPN and pay with revolut?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

So basically cancel current sub then when expires reactivate plan through a VPN and pay with revolut?

Change current payment plan to Revolut.
    Let one monthly sub transaction process normally to ensure it’s working correctly.
    Once processed, cancel sub.
    Wait for Netflix to stop working.
    Reactivate through a VPN in country of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Revolut can be a problem, plenty of options available to pay curve with Revolut linked etc

Read over the last few posts of the thread

Currently pay with curve so will see what happens next month after i reactivatave sub

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Pinkman wrote: »
    I am signed up via Argentina but just noticed on Revolut I am being charged $736 ARS which works out at between €7-8 the last few months but when I log into Netflix it says I am only paying $449 ARS - any ideas? Cheers.

Pinkman: Can I clarify that the digital tax is applied to your payment but isn't in the total shown on screen?

No need to add lira to your account, Revolut will do it automatically for you
    Did you have the Revolut on an Irish sub before moving to Turkey ?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

OmegaGene wrote:
    If that’s the difference then anyone paying via Mexico is crazy

I bought a years worth of Mexican currency when I moved netflix to Mexico. Currency has increased since then. I'll move to Turkey when I run out of Mexican on my revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

The simple way around it is to buy netflix turkey gift cards. I had the same problem with payment method and nothing worked. So I just used revolt for my turkish lira then turned on VPN and went to G2A.com (you need vpn on otherwise they block you) to buy the gift card.
    The top ultra hd package is 41.99 trl which is about a fiver a month.
    Buy 100 trl gift card for 123trl and redeem and your good to go.
    I bought 300trl which is about 40 euro for nearly 8 months.

The simple way around it is to buy netflix turkey gift cards. I had the same problem with payment method and nothing worked. So I just used revolt for my turkish lira then turned on VPN and went to G2A.com (you need vpn on otherwise they block you) to buy the gift card.
    The top ultra hd package is 41.99 trl which is about a fiver a month.
    Buy 100 trl gift card for 123trl and redeem and your good to go.
    I bought 300trl which is about 40 euro for nearly 8 months.

Not as simple as the main solution recommended here .

I already posted similar yesterday m8, thread moves too fast for people to read back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Can anyone explain how to get Netflix Turkey? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm paying 12.78 a month for the 2 screen plan...how much cheaper is the turkish netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I'm paying 12.78 a month for the 2 screen plan...how much cheaper is the turkish netflix?

It's about €4.70 for the full plan with 4k etc. in Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's 29.99 Turkish lira or about 3.30 a month currently.
    For 2 screen plan like you have now.

wow that's fantastic. I have an account here.
    I've ljust registered my mobile ...now it's just a matter of cancelling the subscription and then doing the do with the VPN etc?

• Advertisement

I have the netflix app built into my vodafone TV box. Will it still work or does it only work on a computer with VPN switched on?

Advertisement