Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Irish Rail Informer

Ok, I've logged into the Irish Site and set up a new account (basic package). with Revolut card and correct mobile phone number.

Do I now need to wait 1 month? i.e. until they bill me again? and then cancel the Irish subscription?

Or do I cancel the subscription at anytime before the month is up, then wait until I can no longer view channels?
    And at this point try the VPN/Turkey Route?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

I have successfully set up a Family Premium account and have 2 spaces available. PM me if you would like to join

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Was the VPN the issue or the card you tried to use? I use VPN Unlimited and its giving me the Problem with your payment method.

I think it was the vpn that was the problem. but others had problems with revolut not working but then no problem with curve. I've been at it so long now I can't remember if I tried curve last time or was today the first time I tried curve in turkey. No I'm not sure if it was the vpn or the revolut that was the problem

Or do I cancel the subscription at anytime before the month is up, then wait until I can no longer view channels? And at this point try the VPN/Turkey Route?

You can cancel it now, and then like you said when you are no longer able to view netflix your sub will have expired. Wait a day then switch vpn on to turkey and try to sign back up. If it doesn't work try a different vpn (I used 3 or 4) if still no luck you might have to try curve but then you'll have to sign up for another month in ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Not to derail the thread but i was wondering if anyone has tried this process with disney+?
    Mods, feel free to move or delete if not appropriate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Not to derail the thread but i was wondering if anyone has tried this process with disney+?
    Mods, feel free to move or delete if not appropriate

Doesn't work. The only option is to try India and use one of those SMS services on the net. But I haven't heard of anyone who was successful.
    Disney+ only started last Feb/March so most people are coming up to renewal soon.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Disney+ isn’t available in the likes of Turkey or Argentina yet as far as I’m aware.

811-F5-B89-EBDD-4149-9418-09-EF0-CC73-F09.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Ok I have a turkish account set up but was not able to add payment method (my revolut). I had to use gift cards. I tried the logging in on VPN and in incognito mode as described previously on here. It did not work. I clicked on manage payment details and I got immediately redirected to the success screen saying my details will be used on next cycle. It completely skipped the details screen, I did not get to enter any details.

I closed incognito netflix and turned off the VPN and logged back in normally.

I went to manage payment screen where you add card details and copied the URL.

I went back to incognito netflix in Turkey and then pasted the URL into the browser.

I was then presented with the card details screen and was able to enter and save the details (revolut) successfully.

So this worked for me and may work for others who already have the turkish account but can't add details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I cancelled my sub on 22nd Jan so I’ve another while to go yet.

I’ve always used my AIB visa debit card for billing. Tonight I have updated my payment details to my Revolut virtual card in advance of my planned move to Turkey.

Has this been an issue for anyone or should I have left the same card details for the last successful transaction on file?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Soon find out lol
    Worst case scenario just pay another month on the Irish sub with the Revolut

Just got a notification from Revolut for a €1 test transaction so it could be fine.

Worst case scenario I have an account I can use for free but I would prefer my own at €4.50. Netflix raising their price to €17.99 was the last straw for me :D

• Advertisement

FourFourFM wrote:
    Just got a notification from Revolut for a €1 test transaction so it could be fine.

Same here few months back but when it came to renewal in turkey, wouldn't accept payment method. I also thought it would be grand after the €1 transaction but no. Is it not revolut that many here were having trouble with? I changed to curve last month and I finally successfully renewed in turkey yesterday

OmegaGene wrote:
    Soon find out lol Worst case scenario just pay another month on the Irish sub with the Revolut

Been doing that since November and the frustration was driving me barmy. After finally managing it yesterday, I felt like cancelling it. What's the point now that I have accomplished my goal 😆😂

Not to derail the thread but i was wondering if anyone has tried this process with disney+? Mods, feel free to move or delete if not appropriate

I'm in a disney family here for €17 for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'm sure it's been asked already but I've had a look back and couldn't see it in the last few pages. Do you lose your watchlist etc after you cancel are resubscribe?

No
    It's like you never left

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I cancelled my sub on 22nd Jan so I’ve another while to go yet.

I’ve always used my AIB visa debit card for billing. Tonight I have updated my payment details to my Revolut virtual card in advance of my planned move to Turkey.

Has this been an issue for anyone or should I have left the same card details for the last successful transaction on file?

I haven’t heard of anybody doing this successfully while membership was still active

dodzy wrote: »
    I haven’t heard of anybody doing this successfully while membership was still active

I might have made a mess of it so.

Changed back to my old AIB details, we’ll see how we get on sure.

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Same here few months back but when it came to renewal in turkey, wouldn't accept payment method. I also thought it would be grand after the €1 transaction but no. Is it not revolut that many here were having trouble with? I changed to curve last month and I finally successfully renewed in turkey yesterday

Using VPNunlimited, I got Brazil, US, Japan and Italy working. But didn't find anything of value except US

Vpn unlimited for Netflix ? Turkey is there

i meant for streaming. i purchased it through turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

ive added my revolut card
    netflix has expired
    logged out of everthing
    went incognito
    used hola vpn to go to turkey
    selected plan
    went to confirm but its saying problem processing

anyone know if its something ive done, revolut or vpn is prob ?

thanks

• Advertisement

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    ive added my revolut card
    netflix has expired
    logged out of everthing
    went incognito
    used hola vpn to go to turkey
    selected plan
    went to confirm but its saying problem processing

anyone know if its something ive done, revolut or vpn is prob ?

thanks

It might be down to changing your payment method during the cancellation stage?

FourFourFM wrote: »
    It might be down to changing your payment method during the cancellation stage?

i think i added revoulut before i canncelled

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

i think i added revoulut before i canncelled
    But did you pay for a month's Irish subscription with your Revolut card before cancelling as has been very clearly explained?

Also is your Revolut a prepaid card or a debit card? Revolut prepaid cards are NOT accepted.

Quackster wrote: »
    But did you pay for a month's Irish subscription with your Revolut card before cancelling as has been very clearly explained?

Also is your Revolut a prepaid card or a debit card? Revolut prepaid cards are NOT accepted.

ya paid for 1 month with revolut , card is debit . might be vpn issue but pricing is coming in in turkish lira.

ill try again tomorrow with diff vpn

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ya paid for 1 month with revolut , card is debit . might be vpn issue but pricing is coming in in turkish lira.

ill try again tomorrow with diff vpn
    Someone posted a workaround in this thread a day or two ago that might be worth trying.

That’s the best option
    Vpn unlimited works well

Has anyone had any success with NordVPN? That’s the only paid one I have access to. I can try the free Hola one anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nord VPN will not work with Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,886 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Express vpn will get netflix US.

To be honest though there is little difference between US & Irish content. Years ago there was massive difference but now, not so much. I very rarely use the US version of netflix

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Weird issue here. I need to change my payment method (change my card) but every time I do I get an error saying "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

I've used a new revolut card and a curve card. Tried both on a turkish VPN but both failed. I tried using incognito mode with a VPN, but when I try login to netflix it says my password is wrong. Turn off the VPN and the same password logs in no problem. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

I've used a new revolut card and a curve card. Tried both on a turkish VPN but both failed. I tried using incognito mode with a VPN, but when I try login to netflix it says my password is wrong. Turn off the VPN and the same password logs in no problem.

Someone had mentioned earlier about changing a setting to allow your vpn to work while in incognito mode

Advertisement