Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Can I ask is this with your Revolut virtual card or with a physical one?
    Netflix works with Revolut debit cards but doesn't work with the older Revolut prepaid cards. Whether it's a physical or virtual card makes no odds.

If you're having problems with your existing Revolut card(s), you can create a new virtual card for free in the Revolut app and it will be a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Can I ask is this with your Revolut virtual card or with a physical one?

Physical visa card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is it safe to change payment method in an existing turkish acc?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is it safe to change payment method in an existing turkish acc?
    It probably won't work but it shouldn't break your current setup I don't think?

Someone posted in this thread maybe a fortnight ago that they managed to do it though and the workaround they used.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Going to cancel my Netflix sub and move it to a Turkish one, will i get away with using the same debit card once i renew or will i have to use a different card such as my revolut one or a credit card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

First off Sorry for going slightly off topic but its just momentary:D.. Has anyone tried this on the likes of Spotify family or the Nintendo eshop for digital content? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Anyone interested in starting a NF family via Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

A friend what's to sign up for Turkey can he use PayPal the way he paid on he's Irish sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sbabu_irl

Soulsun wrote: »
    Anyone interested in starting a NF family via Turkey?
    I am interested. Please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sbabu_irl

My Irish Netflix subscription expired a while ago(may be an year ago) I use to pay using Avant card, Now when I try to renew through VPN via Turkey. It asked me to put the payment details again and it doesn’t accept the Avant card. I suppose I need to pay for a month of Irish sub again and then try to switch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

I know this has probably been covered 100 times my Irish sub lapsed yesterday, had already changed my payment method to Revolut while sun was active fired up vpn this morning get through to plans in TL none of my Revolut cards including new type or curve are accepted, is joint back up for a month in Ireland the only solution using the payment method for next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

247music wrote: »
    First off Sorry for going slightly off topic but its just momentary:D.. Has anyone tried this on the likes of Spotify family or the Nintendo eshop for digital content? :p

Nintendo eShop is good for access to old NES and SNES games in the switch. Spotify is trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

I know this has probably been covered 100 times my Irish sub lapsed yesterday, had already changed my payment method to Revolut while sun was active fired up vpn this morning get through to plans in TL none of my Revolut cards including new type or curve are accepted, is joint back up for a month in Ireland the only solution using the payment method for next month?

You need to pay in ireland at least once before you can use that payment method in turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

So I don't screw this up, i'm

1. Signing up for Irish netflix with no VPN
    2. Cancel within 30 days
    3. Wait until day 31
    4. Log into Netflix using a Turkish VPN and click renew
    5. Enjoy Bridgerton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

snoopy84 wrote: »
    You need to pay in ireland at least once before you can use that payment method in turkey

Thanks that’s my problem so I added a payment method to Netflix before it lapsed but have never paid with it

Does the crypto.com 100% cashback work with the Turkish netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,503 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does the crypto.com 100% cashback work with the Turkish netflix?

Yep.
    My CDC card worked fine after setting it up via as a payment method on my "Irish" account and then cancelling and restarting the sub via VPN.

I had an issue where I upgraded my CDC card, then had to wait 13weeks for a new card so the card laspsed as CDC cancelled the original card.

I switched on my VPN, got in touch with Netflix support and they changed over my payment method to my binance card (I'll switch it back after this months payment)
    I'll likely need to contact support again to change back to my CDC card.

banie01 wrote: »
    Yep.
    My CDC card worked fine after setting it up via as a payment method on my "Irish" account and then cancelling and restarting the sub via VPN.

I had an issue where I upgraded my CDC card, then had to wait 13weeks for a new card so the card laspsed as CDC cancelled the original card.

I switched on my VPN, got in touch with Netflix support and they changed over my payment method to my binance card (I'll switch it back after this months payment)
    I'll likely need to contact support again to change back to my CDC card.

Almost too cheeky :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Canceled my Netflix sub so will be switching over next month, are people signing up for a Turkish account using the same e mail address ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tossy wrote: »
    Canceled my Netflix sub so will be switching over next month, are people signing up for a Turkish account using the same e mail address ?

Yes. You are simply reactivating your original account, only with the VPN, Netflix thinks you are in Turkey so offers Turkish pricing. Hence why it’s important that payment details are already set up and functioning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I've read a few pages back that streaming this Netflix package won't work with Nord VPN. Can anyone recommend if Surf Shark works with this as I'm about to purchase some VPN system so as to try and avail of this plus some other streaming services etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I recently signed up for Disney+ and we already had Netflix and a Plex Server so a lot of content at home. Turns out my Netflix account was expiring so I tried this trick. I managed to get the full 4k package for just under €5 when converted from Turkish Lira :D

D3V!L wrote: »
    I recently signed up for Disney+ and we already had Netflix and a Plex Server so a lot of content at home. Turns out my Netflix account was expiring so I tried this trick. I managed to get the full 4k package for just under €5 when converted from Turkish Lira :D

Plex is super - the once off payment for streaming on their app allows me to stream my entire music collection on the move. Spotify killer.

Plex is super - the once off payment for streaming on their app allows me to stream my entire music collection on the move. Spotify killer.

I didn't realize I could do that :)

I didn't realize I could do that :)

Yep - just need to get port forwarding working on your router - it's not that tricky.

Yep - just need to get port forwarding working on your router - it's not that tricky.

Ooh way ahead of you. I've had the server set up for years.

Ooh way ahead of you. I've had the server set up for years.

I believe you have two options - a single small payment to enable streaming on the app OR a larger payment to enable even more features.

I believe you have two options - a single small payment to enable streaming on the app OR a larger payment to enable even more features.

I pay the €4.99 monthly subscription. I have about 14tb of SSD storage set up with a dedicated Dell Poweredge server and connected to the world with a 1GB fiber connection. LAN and WIFI 6 throughout the house so no lag :D

I pay the €4.99 monthly subscription. I have about 14tb of SSD storage set up with a dedicated Dell Poweredge server and connected to the world with a 1GB fiber connection. LAN and WIFI 6 throughout the house so no lag :D

Okay so it should already work out of the box for you.

I think you can swap the subscription for a once off payment of around 100 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Has anyone tried this with Spotify or Amazon prime?

Advertisement