Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

What's the best VPN (free/trial) to use to get the Netflix Turkey website?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Goose81 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this with Spotify or Amazon prime?

Spotify is set up differently seemly.
    It can’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What's the best VPN (free/trial) to use to get the Netflix Turkey website?

I recommend proton.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Spotify is set up differently seemly.
    It can’t work.

The way people get free Spotify is to hack other peoples accounts. The security is abysmal.

Use Plex and rip your own CDs or buy digital copies if you want streaming on the go. I find spotify’s collection to be quite weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭dodzy

The way people get free Spotify is to hack other peoples accounts. The security is abysmal.

Use Plex and rip your own CDs or buy digital copies if you want streaming on the go. I find spotify’s collection to be quite weak.

50,000,000 songs = weak. Yeah, right :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Goose81 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this with Spotify or Amazon prime?

Tried a Spotify account from AliExpress. Got a 3 month sub for €3.40. Lasted 2 months and got cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Another attempt, another denial. Have allowed a payment to go through on my revolut card since my last attempt - another month of Irish billing - and now using windscribe Vpn with prices in Turkish it still won't accept payment. Asks for CVV again and flags that there's a problem. Tried Mexico too, same thing. It only cancelled this morning, do I have to leave it a day before renewing?

dodzy wrote: »
    50,000,000 songs = weak. Yeah, right :rolleyes:
    And yet I regularly cannot find the music I want. Plus it exploits artists.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Family account is the best option for Spotify and share the cost, I have a boards account with other folks and I think it’s €15 for the year

Or free with CDC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Or free with CDC

What's CDC?

• Advertisement

^^^^
    As outlined in post one
    You don’t have to wait a specific period if time you just have to let Netflix expire before you renew
    Have you checked your settings on the Revolut app security section that allow transactions while abroad ? If this isn’t the issue then I suggest getting yourself signed up to curve.

I wouldn’t recommend trying different regions just stick to Turkey or your account will be locked

I don't know if that's a security feature in Revolut, couldn't find it anyway but given the nature of the service I would say payments while abroad is default enabled. I've added Revolut to curve and gone back to Irish Netflix for a month to see what happens. If it doesn't work next month I'm going to just create a new account I reckon. Thanks for the help

To help back up the above, this should be turned to off like in the image.

543566.jpeg

^^^^

It is a security feature and it’s been there since Revolut first started and it’s not default enabled, it’s to prevent you being at home and someone being in Turkey wether in real life or via vpn from using your card

Open revolut
    Select card
    Select pin and security
    Then you have two options to check

1. Online transactions - on
    2. Location based security - off

Doesn’t really matter now as you’ve linked curve

I see it now on my physical card options, it's a virtual card I've got linked to the account - doesn't appear on a virtual card. As you say I've changed it to curve now anyway so I'll see what happens. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

RE: Revolut ....Does location based security have to be switched off all the time then ? or only while setting up the payment detials initially?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

^^^^

It is a security feature and it’s been there since Revolut first started and it’s not default enabled, it’s to prevent you being at home and someone being in Turkey wether in real life or via vpn from using your card

Open revolut
    Select card
    Select pin and security

Thanks for this, good to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

On Curve Guys, how does it work? My cards are on Curve, do I need to do something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Trying to do this now via firestick through a browser via private but only showing irish plans :(

Logged out of all devices also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Re. Netflix

Followed the instructions, let month expire, used hola vpn, double checked with whatsmyip that ip was correct for Turkey.Prices show in Turkish Lira, was using N26 previously, now it says problem with payment.
    Tried to swap to Revolut, with security off, no joy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Trying to sort this out and running into issues. Yesterday I got into the Turkish NF site but every time I tried to pay it gave an error. Today I got past that bit but it wants me to enter a turkish phone number to send me a code. :rolleyes:

Anyone know how to get around that? Think I've done most things right based on the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Trying to sort this out and running into issues. Yesterday I got into the Turkish NF site but every time I tried to pay it gave an error. Today I got past that bit but it wants me to enter a turkish phone number to send me a code. :rolleyes:

Anyone know how to get around that? Think I've done most things right based on the OP.

Likely the Irish account you closed had no - or an unverified - Irish mobile.
    Probably have to reopen your Irish for another month and ensure mobile number is there when closing.

• Advertisement

How'd you get past the payment error part? You glossed over the essential information here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Prunty wrote: »
    How'd you get past the payment error part? You glossed over the essential information here

I just kept trying and eventually got past it but it didn't last. I tried again after I posted here and had the payment error again.

I've gone back to another month in Ireland and added a verified phone number so will try again in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

^^^^

Open revolut
    Select card
    Select pin and security

I don't have the options in "pin and security".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I don't have the options in "pin and security".

You won't see it on the virtual or disposable card. It's only accessible on the actual hard copy on the app.
    Unfreeze your card.
    Settings>Pin & Security

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I cancelled my Netflix yesterday because of the price increase and lack of content. Now I see this thread, I would keep Netflix for a lower price.

My payment method is PayPal. Will that still work if I sign up again, or do I need to have a card registered?

I wonder what VPN I should use. I had Surf Shark before but it caused odd problems where I couldn't load some websites. rte.ie was one of the effected sites where I had to turn off the VPN to access.

Stay Free

I cancelled my Netflix yesterday because of the price increase and lack of content. Now I see this thread, I would keep Netflix for a lower price.

My payment method is PayPal. Will that still work if I sign up again, or do I need to have a card registered?

I wonder what VPN I should use. I had Surf Shark before but it caused odd problems where I couldn't load some websites. rte.ie was one of the effected sites where I had to turn off the VPN to access.

Post No. 1 literally spells it out step by step.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Cancelled my Irish Netflix last month with the intentions of getting the Turkish pricing . I have been using the Irish account for years with the same payment method that i had intended on using with the Turkish Netflix.

Using VPN Unlimited and i can see my IP address is in Turkey using https://whatismyipaddress.com/

I am using the Irish cc that i used to pay for Irish Netflix. But i am prompted with the error "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

I have tried different Revolut cards also with no success.

Any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Paulcon93 wrote:
    Using VPN Unlimited and i can see my IP address is in Turkey using

Try a different vpn. The vpn I pay monthly for didn't work but free hola did

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Paulcon93 wrote:
    I have tried different Revolut cards also with no success.

I think if they see you trying different cards they may block you temporarily as a security measure. Also ensure your revolut isn't blocked for overseas payments, a couple of posts up explains this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Try a different vpn. The vpn I pay monthly for didn't work but free hola did

Tried this to and it did not work unfortunately

Advertisement