Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you going to your work Christmas party?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Been off the drink for a few weeks in anticipation of a drunken December.

Can't wait for the Xmas party so I can have a nice pint of Guinness again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Heckler wrote: »
    My last job was grand. Only 5 of us. The owner would turn up for a meal then chuck enough money for the rest of the night and head off.

Now theres 150+, place rife with team leaders, supervisors, the owner and people willing to sell you down the river at any chance. I've been to the last few and will go to the christmas one just to get as much free stuff from the miserley minimum wage paying guy that I can. Normally involves supervisors controlling the drink tokens. Brown nosers drink free all night. The rest of us smuggle booze and drugs.

Like someone mentioned earlier its good to know when to quit. Nothing worse than facing a monday morning after a saturday blackout when the last thing you remember is talking to a manager you hate......

Also a pain in the ass becoming drunk best friends with someone you haven't spoken to ever despite working with them for 3 years. Then monday morning dawns..

There's wisdom in this post. It's never worth going ott when surrounded by work colleagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

About ten years ago at the main party, I was the guy that was out of it super early on the free bar, whiskey no less, stuffy crowd all looked on as I was out dancing on my own on an empty dancefloor, and I know I cannot dance. Going around like a lunatic for the night in front of the whole place, I am cringing typing this. Havent gone to one since, its better for my mental health as I was depressed for a long time after that party.

I know someone who went one better years ago.... Got sick all over his shirt as he was extremely drunk. So drunk that he didn't even realise there was sick all over him until he got pulled aside and sent home in a taxi.

The mad thing is, this guy was the quietest meekest type of person in work. Don't envy the fear he must have had coming in to work the following Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I know someone who went one better years ago.... Got sick all over his shirt as he was extremely drunk. So drunk that he didn't even realise there was sick all over him until he got sent home in a taxi.

Reminds me of a couple of years ago. One of the maintenence guys is quite attractive and charming. Well known around the hospital by the ladies.

Puked violently under a table onto a carpet floor. I've never seen so much vomit. He should have gone home but he spent the rest of the night trying to pretend nothing happened nursing a glass of water.

Still can't look at him the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I know someone who went one better years ago.... Got sick all over his shirt as he was extremely drunk. So drunk that he didn't even realise there was sick all over him until he got pulled aside and sent home in a taxi.

The mad thing is, this guy was the quietest meekest type of person in work. Don't envy the fear he must have had coming in to work the following Monday.

A guy I work with is as quite as a mouse yet he got up and danced on top of the tables at the party. Although it was the same night a group of women from Harvey Norman stripped me to my jocks which was probably worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

About ten years ago at the main party, I was the guy that was out of it super early on the free bar, whiskey no less, stuffy crowd all looked on as I was out dancing on my own on an empty dancefloor, and I know I cannot dance. Going around like a lunatic for the night in front of the whole place, I am cringing typing this. Havent gone to one since, its better for my mental health as I was depressed for a long time after that party.

I have more storied like that than I care to remember. I don't drink whiskey anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

We pay for our own every year, dept is tight as fook. So yeah I'll go along for a couple hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,923 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mine is tonight and looking forward to it. half payed and half self funded kind of thing 4 course meal and all that

remember one year I got very drunk and when I was walking home I fell and split the back of my head open and they had to call an ambulance but they said id be ok and just put a bandage on it. I lost so much blood I wasant hungover the next morning lol

it's the one time a year where you can let loose at the backdrop of crap but addictive Xmas songs (that will last the lengths the time). Can be a sad time of year too.

never done a 12 pubs and never will. hate when the ****ers come in to the pub and take over the place and think there the legends

Xmas party night is my NYE in the sense of I look back on the year (sporting achievements from my fav teams, what I did for the year, what concerts I have too look forward too etc) and I celebrate a lot. 2017 was pretty solid in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Well I didn't disgrace meself this year. Yay! Because I missed it due to being sick as a small hospital all week and on antibiotics. Boo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

About 20 years ago I was the guy who got out of his head drunk and made a fool of myself at the xmas party, I was ashamed of myself for a long time afterwards.

I look back on it now and I was young and didn't know how to pace myself when drinking, there's no point beating yourself up over it, as long as a person isn't rude or being a bit of a dickhead annoying other people then it will be forgotten in a few days.

Although maybe not in 2017 when everyone has a smartphone...

Advertisement