Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ch2, so much too try and remember already :eek: cool game all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Playing this on and off since Christmas day. About 6 hours in. There's no doubt that it throws a ridiculous amount of systems at you and it feels overwhelming but at the same time I'm really enjoying it so far.

To be fair though I absolutely loved Xenoblade chronicles 1 on the Wii years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just over 90 hours in, started chapter 5 a few hours ago. I'm really enjoying the story that's developing, rather than the (sometimes) boring one after the other cut scenes from the first few hours they are much more spaced out now (possibly due to spending more time exploring and doing side quests) and adding to the characters and storyline.

I felt a bit of a fool 70 hours in when I realised that all the actions where you require field skill points was tied to who you currently had equipped (and not based across all your blades). But a quick mop up of everything I'd missed has solved that. The view from the secret viewpoint in Gormotti was worth the wait 😂

I've tried to avoid mindless level grinding where possible and seems to be doing OK, 4 charters at lv 55 and one at 60. Getting rare blades now is a bloody chore, 75 common cores and 27 rare cores and all I got was Perun!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Grassey wrote: »
    Just over 90 hours in, started chapter 5 a few hours ago. I'm really enjoying the story that's developing, rather than the (sometimes) boring one after the other cut scenes from the first few hours they are much more spaced out now (possibly due to spending more time exploring and doing side quests) and adding to the characters and storyline.

I felt a bit of a fool 70 hours in when I realised that all the actions where you require field skill points was tied to who you currently had equipped (and not based across all your blades). But a quick mop up of everything I'd missed has solved that. The view from the secret viewpoint in Gormotti was worth the wait ��

I've tried to avoid mindless level grinding where possible and seems to be doing OK, 4 charters at lv 55 and one at 60. Getting rare blades now is a bloody chore, 75 common cores and 27 rare cores and all I got was Perun!!!

16hours chapter 4, level 20, I've two blades :s.

• Advertisement

New patch for xc2 mid feburary will have new game plus mode
    The version 1.3.0 update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will launch in mid-February and add a “New Game Plus” mode called “Advanced New Game Mode,” as well as fix a big that surfaced in the version 1.2.0 update, Monolith Soft director Tetsuya Takahashi said in a new production note.

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/xenoblade-chronicles-2-version-1-3-0-update-launches-mid-february-adds-new-game-plus-mode

51 hours, chapter 6, characters levels between 41 and 43, chapter 5 was short compared to the others, gonna do some of the side quests as I've been letting them build up, overall though I'm really enjoying the game, the battle system is awesome!

51 hours, chapter 6, characters levels between 41 and 43, chapter 5 was short compared to the others, gonna do some of the side quests as I've been letting them build up, overall though I'm really enjoying the game, the battle system is awesome!

Ive only just become to understand the battle system, still cant do those auto attack cancels in sucession tho.

Ive only just become to understand the battle system, still cant do those auto attack cancels in sucession tho.

How far into the game are you? how many hours, character levels etc :pac:

50hrs chapter 6 and level 40's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just started, about 5 hours in. The voice acting isn't really bothering me. I had heard to much bad, that this seems fine. There's an awful lot to learn, but I'm enjoying it so far. I would like a bit more gameplay. An awful lot of videos so far, but hopefully, that will die down a bit. There's literally been a 4 minute video, followed by a 5 second corridor, followed by another 3 minute video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Sorry for resurrecting thread folks but I was wondering if anyone here has tips on the boss fight at the end of chapter 3. I'm getting my a$$ handed to me by the 2 of them. I'm level 26 and getting nowhere close to beating them after about 10 goes now.

Really frustrating spike in difficulty level, found combat challenging but manageable until now.

Grassey wrote: »

Thanks, came across that thread already and I've picked up the accessories and still nowhere near beating them or even getting them to 50% health. I'll try again later. Was just checking if anyone in here has any nuggets of wisdom I hadn't picked up elsewhere.

I haven't been focusing in upgrading Poppi by playing that Tiger game so may have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Just started this last night and like it a lot. However by the end of the first Chapter the game throws A LOT of information at you regarding the battle system and it seemed at times during one lengthy battle that I was more passenger than Driver if you get my drift!!

My question is does it become more intuitive after a while??

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Just started this last night and like it a lot. However by the end of the first Chapter the game throws A LOT of information at you regarding the battle system and it seemed at times during one lengthy battle that I was more passenger than Driver if you get my drift!!

My question is does it become more intuitive after a while??

Don't hold your breath on the tutorials ending anytime soon. I started it Friday and level 27 now after about 25 hrs played and still getting tutorials and new mechanics thrown in.

I found the battle system only started to click with me when the battles started to go on longer as you get to build up specials and blades combos and once you take advantage of them you do big damage.

Loving the game so far, finally got over the boss battle I had posted about in previous page which really forces you to put a lot of the mechanics into play to get past.

There are definitely some annoying design choices in the game and I can see how some people get turned off it. The waypoint system is wack altogether. For me the good is far outweighing the bad though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I tried but could not get into this game, but then it was the same with Xenoblade Chronicles and X as well.
    I've them all and they have gone barely.played, including the Wii and N3DS editions of the original title.
    I keep meaning to go back to them but have never done so!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I tried but could not get into this game, but then it was the same with Xenoblade Chronicles and X as well.
    I've them all and they have gone barely.played, including the Wii and N3DS editions of the original title.
    I keep meaning to go back to them but have never done so!

From my time with it so far its definitely a game you need to pick up and commit to. It throws so many tutorials and new combat mechanics at you that by the time you've learned something new you've forgot the thing the tutorial 2 hours ago was telling you. Combat is great when it clicks though.

Was super frustrated with the difficulty spike in the level 3 boss. What they essentially done was force you to make use of most of the mechanics to get past it whereas up to that point you could get by by focusing on bits and pieces of the system. But I guess it would be worse if they spent all that time drilling the combat system into you and then allowing you to defeat bosses without actually utilizing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

I couldn't even get into Mario and Rabbids ... So I'm leaving this alone :)

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Just started this last night and like it a lot.

I envy you!

• Advertisement

Still really enjoying the game but I'm starting to think they gave the job of creating the way-point system to someone who arrived into the office hammered drunk that morning. I've never spent so much time in a game wandering around looking for an objective that's apparently 50 meters away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

skerry wrote: »
    Still really enjoying the game but I'm starting to think they gave the job of creating the way-point system to someone who arrived into the office hammered drunk that morning. I've never spent so much time in a game wandering around looking for an objective that's apparently 50 meters away from me.

100% agree with you.

I like the game but the way point system is atrocious!!

Advertisement