Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,880 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I decided to check argos uk as well and it's £29.99. When the page opened it said it had been order 100+ times in the past hour. Guess HUKD is posting it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

In Argos it's the same price as Monopoly, Lumo and Ben 10 on Switch. I think perhaps someone at Argos didn't recognise it as a Nintendo published game. I was looking on the UK store, it's £30 there. That's not even €34 but think they'd round it to €35? No! Gotta screw Irish customers. There's more than a €10 difference on the XC2 Pro Controller. And the difference only gets wider the more expensive an item is. All the UK retailers are guilty of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Placed a reservation, was told its available from Mon-Wed on main page but order confirm says pickup from today to Wed?? Odd..

Will have to wander in later and see whats up.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I decided to check argos uk as well and it's £29.99. When the page opened it said it had been order 100+ times in the past hour. Guess HUKD is posting it. :)

I seen that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

It's currently a very reasonable €74.99 in GameStop ;-)

• Advertisement

I can't wait for Gamestop to die. F***ing w@nk€r$! Do they still take the seal of the games? All their Wii U games were unwrapped. Really annoying if you want to keep something sealed for collection purposes. They probably sneakily sell some mint secondhand games as new as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I can't wait for Gamestop to die. F***ing w@nk€r$! Do they still take the seal of the games? All their Wii U games were unwrapped. Really annoying if you want to keep something sealed for collection purposes. They probably sneakily sell some mint secondhand games as new as well.

I'd say it's only a matter of time.
    Sure the store is mostly tat now anyway.
    That said, eyes open, there's the occasional deal and bargain so it's always worth a walk in and out again to see if there's anything.
    Trading Mario/Rabbids and getting Doom for €3 with a free t-shirt of my choosing was an example of a good deal.
    At least, with their prices, you can check online if there's anything to be had.
    I picked up Assassin's Creed Black Flag in the tin with some goodies for less than a fiver there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nice one. None in stock in Limerick, but allowed me to order one for collection in 2 days. I've done it, and if it's not honoured, I'm not pushed. I wasn't planning on getting this yet, as I'm in the middle of Skyrim, but at that price, it'd be rude not to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Reviews seem too mixed, how is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

84 on MetaCritic is hardly mixed is it?

• Advertisement

Seriously, trying to find a negative about a 37.99 pricing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Bar some awful accents I'm enjoying it. It's nice to be eased into the combat system, still trying to figure out what's going on sometimes! Story is interesting, the art style is good - complete change from going Skyrim into this.

CastorTroy wrote: »

So I checked out HUKD, it got just a little bit of attention. :p
    DP9dZf9XkAI_IUv.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

sligeach wrote: »
    have you ever considered anger management classes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

On a positive note I reserved a copy of this at that price tbh

have you ever considered anger management classes

Did you forget that you're supposed to be ignoring me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

chrislad wrote: »
    Nice one. None in stock in Limerick, but allowed me to order one for collection in 2 days. I've done it, and if it's not honoured, I'm not pushed. I wasn't planning on getting this yet, as I'm in the middle of Skyrim, but at that price, it'd be rude not to.

I hate limerick switch gamers. :pac:

Woke up, sow news about argos selling for 38eu, checked website, one in stock im Cruiser street.
    So I drove there asap, but someone reserved it, by the time I got there. Fuuuuuuu!
    So got stuck in the traffic trying to get smyths, but eventually got there and picked up a copy for 50eu. Happy out, I know its a bargain for 38eu, but even 50eu is fair play to Nintendo. Did not expected that.

Only started it and voice acting is just..... I dont know how to even put this... its jrpg and everyone sounds like in Braveheart. So miss matched voice acting.

Looks okay in handheld mode so far. At least for me. Still very impressive looking game for handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Woke up, sow news about argos selling for 38eu, checked website, one in stock im Cruiser street. So I reserved it. Yay!

That story could have been SO MUCH SHORTER. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Woke up, sow news about argos selling for 38eu, checked website, one in stock im Cruiser street.
    So I drove there asap, but someone reserved it, by the time I got there. Fuuuuuuu!
    So got stuck in the traffic trying to get smyths, but eventually got there and picked up a copy for 50eu. Happy out, I know its a bargain for 38eu, but even 50eu is fair play to Nintendo. Did not expected that.

Only started it and voice acting is just..... I dont know how to even put this... its jrpg and everyone sounds like in Braveheart. So miss matched voice acting.

Looks okay in handheld mode so far. At least for me. Still very impressive looking game for handheld.

Why didn't you reserve it in Argos when you were on the website?

Mr E wrote: »
    That story could have been SO MUCH SHORTER. :D:D

I know, I know. I never used reservation system, I dont have account with them, so figured out ill just rush there.
    Keep in mind the context. I just woke up, and was on throne while catching up on stuff on phone. Thats before coffee this morning. So give me some slack. :D

Anyway, I got it. Happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Picked my copy up on the Childers Rd for 37.99 an hour ago, happy out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I know, I know. I never used reservation system, I dont have account with them, so figured out ill just rush there.
    Keep in mind the context. I just woke up, and was on throne while catching up on stuff on phone. Thats before coffee this morning. So give me some slack. :D

Anyway, I got it. Happy out.

You don’t need an account with them ;)

tony1980 wrote: »
    You don’t need an account with them ;)

Well, I never used it and paniced. Give me some slack. :D

tony1980 wrote: »
    Picked my copy up on the Childers Rd for 37.99 an hour ago, happy out :-)

Damn you, Tony. No more Strava kudos for you! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cina wrote: »
    84 on MetaCritic is hardly mixed is it?

What's with the attitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

my amazon order of the collectors edition ended up at 80 euro :) preorder price guarantee is a great thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Seriously, trying to find a negative about a 37.99 pricing :P

They'll charge you 40 due to rounding, and you know they're going to pocket that 1c and invest it in Alba's Microwave Oven division?

Edit :
    Just got a text off them confirming a reservation. Argos Mystery solved : It's in the system as a 3DS game. Text says "Nintendo 3DS New Release" so they've priced it that way. It's clearly listed on the site as Xenoblade 2 and has the Switch box.
    Has anyone picked it up and confirmed they give you the right game?
    If you reserved it via an "order in to store..." option, I'd recommend you print up a copy of the page as it appears today so you have at least some grounds for dispute later.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Launch Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQDoCrQIek

Grassey wrote: »
    Bar some awful accents I'm enjoying it. It's nice to be eased into the combat system, still trying to figure out what's going on sometimes! Story is interesting, the art style is good - complete change from going Skyrim into this.

The voice acting is shocking! can you play with Japanese voice overs and English subs?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    They'll charge you 40 due to rounding, and you know they're going to pocket that 1c and invest it in Alba's Microwave Oven division?

Edit :
    Just got a text off them confirming a reservation. Argos Mystery solved : It's in the system as a 3DS game. Text says "Nintendo 3DS New Release" so they've priced it that way. It's clearly listed on the site as Xenoblade 2 and has the Switch box.
    Has anyone picked it up and confirmed they give you the right game?
    If you reserved it via an "order in to store..." option, I'd recommend you print up a copy of the page as it appears today so you have at least some grounds for dispute later.

My reservation email says Nintendo Switch game clearly.

Advertisement