Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If Trump is anything to go by, we could start tweeting pro-MS and pro-Sony messages to Nintendo and get away with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I heard the word impeach.
    Riki.png

d1a930ca29e8de2033a0c8539e91cf56--police-cars-donald-trump.jpg

They even have the same Umpa Lumpa tan. They could have been separated at birth.

Google Translate: "That's right! The last rare blade is "KOS-MOS Re:" that has come across the series's fence!
    His design is Kunihiko Tanaka, and Voice is Mariko Suzuki!

Finally tomorrow, "Xenoblade 2" is also released!
    So, introduce the last rare blade! First of all, please see from the synchronization scene!"

This is KOS-MOS Re from Xenosaga. It's the last blade reveal before the release tomorrow.

Watch here now for reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/xenoblade-chronicles-2/critic-reviews

First one I seen on Google was Gamespot, 7/10. I don't expect than to be the average, I think it'll average around 85%.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think the general consensus is that if you didn't enjoy the previous games, this won't change your opinion.

Cidey - we're off the hook. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Doesn't look good for both Nintendo mods to have fallen at such an early hurdle!

Well I absolutely loved both. The combat systems do make sense after a while. Its pretty much the only real time rpg system that works.

I think the main hurdle for people is speeding through the game. You get feck all xp from fight. You have to take on side quests. I just take them all on and go exploring and you complete them naturally. When I've seen everything I move on. Levels make a massive difference so lots of people hit the first boss and get slaughtered.

Only had to grind fir the last boss in xeno 1 and I spent xeno 2 way over levelled without trying.

• Advertisement

Ya, it's more of the same, no great evolution but that's not bad as it's a great standard, though more of the same may be tiresome to some. The combat if anything is more complicated. And the reports of the handheld mode running terrible are true with reduced resolution and big dips in framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's getting slightly higher reviews than I might have thought, I thought the battle system may have over complicated it but it seems it lends itself to learning it easily as you go along according to reviews. They've made reference to handheld falling below the TV performance, which for a game like that, is to be expected a bit. I haven't read any review say that it's terrible though, and a lot also note that a lot of the side quests length lend itself for playing short bursts on handheld.

Looks like yet another very decently reviewed Switch game for this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Destructoid compared the combat to legend of dragoon. Preorder cancelled.

I'm sure it's the moronic reviewer saying the usual series qtes are the same as the absolute garbage in dragoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Recommended by Eurogamer, which is always a good sign.

"The true sequel to the best-loved contemporary JRPG is unrestrained in its ambition, and the result is a chaotic kind of brilliance."

"Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a crunchier, more chaotic proposition than the rest of Nintendo's recent output, then. Monolith Soft either doesn't have the resources or the relentless tenacity to explore every one of its game mechanics with the rigour and finality of Nintendo EAD. But while the game's individual components are far from pristine, in combination they prove irresistible."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-30-xenoblade-chronicles-2-review

• Advertisement

I find the DLC to be a bit disgusting. I've a problem in general with DLC. Wish it was fully complete at release. Companies are going to keep doing this practise until consumers as a whole say f-off. But they probably won't. €30 is a rip-off and what they released in the first pack is pay to win, that's day one DLC.

Several support items are available, including:

– 50,000G
    – 3 cream orange paratas (pouch items)
    – 10 silver cylinders
    – 5 common core crystals

You will also need 600MB of space as of now for the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass download. That will increase as the packs come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

There's nothing inherently wrong with dlc. Mario Kart 8 offered excellent value with the season pass. Witcher 3 had 2 full blown dlc packs that were bigger than most full release games. I'm sure there's other examples too.

I haven't even looked at xenoblade dlc yet though. It could very well be a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Feck, missed the amazon order due to forgetting to change back from revoult from my last payment. d'oh looking like a monday release for me now, have lots of college work to do anyway so its not a bad thing i guess. really cant wait to play this game, i think for me even more so then BOTW

There's nothing inherently wrong with dlc. Mario Kart 8 offered excellent value with the season pass. Witcher 3 had 2 full blown dlc packs that were bigger than most full release games. I'm sure there's other examples too.

I haven't even looked at xenoblade dlc yet though. It could very well be a rip off.

Yes MK8's DLC was great but that's the shining example. Others aren't so great with the DLC sometimes costing more than the base game itself but only offering a fraction of added content. I hope the BOTW DLC is great because the bits they released so far have been weak and much of it should have been free. After tomorrow that's where Nintendo will turn their attention to. I doubt the XC2 DLC will add 50% extra content. And another thing, eventually you can buy a game new cheaper in the shop or in a digital sale but I've rarely seen DLC on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not expecting my copy from Smyths until Monday really, but that'll give more time with Skyrim and Mario over the weekend.

Edit - Just got an email to say it's shipped so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am a bit skined this week. Ordered a phone for 500eu for misses xmas present, but I think I will still get it. Already broke, so another 50 quid wont do any more damage. :)

I am off tomorrow and will try to pick it up in smyths. 50eu looks solid. Actually this thing baffles me a bit. Old ports 60eu, brand new Nintendo game - 50eu...

Anyone knows if physical copy is actually physical? Or its usual mess with massive install?

I am a bit skined this week. Ordered a phone for 500eu for misses xmas present, but I think I will still get it. Already broke, so another 50 quid wont do any more damage. :)

I am off tomorrow and will try to pick it up in smyths. 50eu looks solid. Actually this thing baffles me a bit. Old ports 60eu, brand new Nintendo game - 50eu...

Anyone knows if physical copy is actually physical? Or its usual mess with massive install?

It's all on the cartridge. I think they squeezed it onto a 16GB cartridge. Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U was 23GB with a further 10 or 11GB in download packs because the disc drive couldn't load enough information quick enough.

Nintendo so far have been up there with from software with regards to dlc releases and pricing. If they keep the quality up I've no issues with their dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

And we are live! So long sleep!

Edit: think I'll download the japenese language pack. The English accent is killing me.

'Dee arch-ee-tek, I wunder wot ee tinks...'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Argos have this up for 37.99 on their site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Order in in most dublin stores, only two seem to have it now Blanch and Liffey Valley to the Peter Copter.

In fairness that's a great price. Almost feels like an error. Only Liffey Valley left now. You can reserve a copy to collect in other branches next week, as early as Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

This does not bode well for any future potential romance*...

XBC2.png

* I may have taken this waaaaaay out of context and burst out laughing in bed last night rousing SWMBO! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

sligeach wrote: »
    In fairness that's a great price. Almost feels like an error. Only Liffey Valley left now. You can reserve a copy to collect in other branches next week, as early as Monday.

Portlaoise has 2 copies, and Athlone can be ordered for collection tomorrow.

Maybe certain stores got delivery and some wont be until tomorrow/Monday?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just ordered it on Argos Ashbourne, at that price why not.

Hadn't planned on getting this but you can't say no to that price!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just reserved a copy, don't know why because I don't know if I'll like it :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just reserved a copy, don't know why because I don't know if I'll like it :pac:

CEX are currently giving 35 for it so if you end up not liking it, treat it as a 3 euro rental :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have to make some sort of custom wall display for the Xenoblade Chronicles series, make it all fancy like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

tony1980 wrote: »
    CEX are currently giving 35 for it so if you end up not liking it, treat it as a 3 euro rental :pac:

I can't try it until Christmas though :(

Advertisement