Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

It's certainly crossed my mind :pac: There seems to be a lot of people out here very happy with them.

Yeah, I've a pair and not only is the sound from the 14mm drivers surprisingly good for open ear style earphones but the microphone quality on phone calls is top notch. I hear people with complete clarity and they hear me equally well but I'm only referencing WFH type environment.

There isn't any noise cancelling of any sort so not sure how good call quality is out and about and I struggle a bit to get them inserted in a manner which is both comfortable and secure (the more I talk on calls the more the right one seems to want to dislodge) but that's more to do with my gammy ear shape than anything else. When seated correctly they are both comfortable and incredibly light plus the charging case is tiny but packs USB C charging and enough charge to keep you going +/- 25 hours so in my case it means charging once every 10 days or so. (No wireless charging)

Currently £25 on Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Maybe I'll try a white pair this time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Axloie Wireless Headphones Sports IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds Headphones 35H Playtime Wireless Earphones with Charging Case Running Gym Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PF4FQY3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_HRJX23ANC2H4ETG1SYJP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I got these recently and am happy enough with them. Need over ear ones as I use them when farming and I have lost the small in ear one be fore when fencing and it came out and went missing in long grass.

Impressed with range on these. Left phone in tractor and I had perfect sound at least 60 metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

It's certainly crossed my mind :pac: There seems to be a lot of people out here very happy with them.

I think you got really unlucky. In fact, after I saw your troubles I bought a 2nd pair in case the first failed and they had stopped selling them!

quarryman wrote: »
    I think you got really unlucky. In fact, after I saw your troubles I bought a 2nd pair in case the first failed and they had stopped selling them!

And the 2nd pair were fine? That's frustrating (for me). I wouldn't mind but I bought one pair from Germany and the other from UK.

I ordered a White pair from UK earlier. Fingers crossed these are good. They really are so comfortable and the sound was great when they worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Pixel Buds are currently discounted from €199 to €139: https://store.google.com/product/pixel_buds

I'm still gutted I got 2 dodgy pairs of SoundPeats TrueAir2s. Anyone any recommendations for similar type i.e. not in ear canal? My Soundcore P2s are moving around too much when jogging. Constantly have to fiddle with them.

Vankyo x400

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-Headphones-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Earphones-Gray/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400&qid=1619024874&sr=8-1

4.6 rating on amazon on over 1,500 reviews

come in at £31 sterling to Ireland

good sound, excellent phone call audio quality, decent battery life, stable in-ear for running/jogging

glasso wrote: »
    Vankyo x400

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-Headphones-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Earphones-Gray/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400&qid=1619024874&sr=8-1

good sound, excellent phone call audio quality, decent battery life, stable in-ear for running/jogging

They look like they go into the ear canal?

just because they have a silicone tip does not mean that they are intrusive

nothing like the other styles in terms of insertion - e.g. the ones without the stem

• Advertisement

just because they have a silicone tip does not mean that they are intrusive

nothing like the other styles in terms of insertion - e.g. the ones without the stem

Gotta say they look very like the Anker Soundcore P2s. Are you saying they don't need to go into the ear canal at all?

Gotta say they look very like the Anker Soundcore P2s. Are you saying they don't need to go into the ear canal at all?

tbh I don't notice any deep "insertion" like the other style (no stem) which wouldn't overly bother me at all really in any case.

the silicone tip goes in a little (she said!) maybe but imo you wouldn't really notice as it's not wide / pushing against the sides of your ear

tbh I don't notice any deep "insertion" like the other style (no stem) which wouldn't overly bother me at all really in any case.

the silicone tip goes in a little (she said!) maybe but imo you wouldn't really notice as it's not wide / pushing against the sides of your ear

Yeah it sounds as though they're very similar to the P2s. Which rely on being in a sweet spot in (or at the tip of) the canal, but it's impossible to keep them there when jogging.

absolutely no part of the x400 earphone moves when out running for me tbh

I can jump up and down and same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I have them. They go into the ear canal alright. The fit will feel very similar to the Soundcores.

quarryman wrote: »
    I have them. They go into the ear canal alright. The fit will feel very similar to the Soundcores.

how do you find them for call audio quality and sound?

fit doesn't move around at all on me in any case.

White soundpeats arrived today. Working perfectly. Fingers crossed it stays like that. The sound off them is so good for such a small, lightweight earbud .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sony WH-H910N Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones are down to €126.32 They were €110 earlier according to Camelx3 but €126 still a good price for them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X3XN352?psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vankyo x400

£10 off offer with these ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

How have people found the Soundpeats TrueAir for jogging? I have the Galaxy Live ones and they have been great for general, walking use but do dislodge while running. I can't wear in ear canal ones so the Soundpeats True Air type interest me for jogging.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    How have people found the Soundpeats TrueAir for jogging? I have the Galaxy Live ones and they have been great for general, walking use but do dislodge while running. I can't wear in ear canal ones so the Soundpeats True Air type interest me for jogging.

I find the Galaxy Buds Live to be a very snug and comfortable fit and their performance to be a 9/10 on all fronts but I also use other sets for different applications including the Soundpeats True Air 2 earbuds and I do really like them for everyday use around the (home) office where i can listen to music and take calls. They have an amazing sound for an open ear design and their microphones seem to do a great job on calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Jabra 85H on ear "used like new" €84 ( might need to ad vat)

Only one left now, but they keep reappearing

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NPN3H25?smid=AI054B3UN342G

Jabra 85H on ear "used like new" €84 ( might need to ad vat)

Only one left now, but they keep reappearing

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NPN3H25?smid=AI054B3UN342G

Anyone know how well multipoint works on these? I still can't find a wireless set of either TWS or over ear headphones for less than €100 which have excellent call quality AND have smooth and effective multipoint functionality.

My requirement is to be able to connect to both my laptop and phone simultaneously and switch automatically from the laptop (which I'd primarily be connected to) to the phone when inbound calls are received.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Can you use the left earbud alone on the Jabra 75 or 85 series earphones?
    When I am working I often use my earphones in mono mode to double the life and still hear what is going on around me?
    I read that you couldn't but then read elsewhere that you could use them individually after a firmware update, I have MPOW 30 plus, which are grand for listening but not great on calls, also have Onesonic earphones, good on calls but not brilliant for music (faint clicks and pauses when using both ears, getting more noticeable) and much more sensitive to distance from the phone if I wander around during a call.

So I am looking for solid call quality, mono capability on both sides, multipoint is a bonus (laptop and phone together), good battery life and a neutral sound (prefer to adjust sound at source rather than a constant bass boost), able to have a good call quality outdoors (MPOW were terrible if there was any wind) - don't want much really �� budget €150 ish unless there is something special to be got for increasing it.
    Basically I just want new earphones :-)
    Any suggestions?

White soundpeats arrived today. Working perfectly. Fingers crossed it stays like that. The sound off them is so good for such a small, lightweight earbud .

Soundpeats are having Bluetooth issues with my Garmin watch. The watch is only Bluetooth 4.2, and the sound in one of the ears drops in and out most times.. Disappointing, but they are working perfectly with my phone. The reset button on both of them is also working so I'm happy enough. I'll use them with the phone for sure.

These arrived this morning. Case is slightly smaller than the Soundpeats case, but the buds are slightly bigger. Only used them for a minute but there was no Bluetooth issues with the watch. They don't get as loud as the Soundpeats though, which is a bit annoying. Will go for a jog shortly and as long as the sound is loud enough for that I'll be happy. Like the Soundpeats, they are very comfortable in the ear.

Complete garbage. Volume far too low, and couldn't get a stable connection while jogging. Had to turn them off. Will be sending them straight back.

I have a new appreciation for the Soundcore P2s. Rock solid Bluetooth connection and excellent sound. Only issue is that you have to adjust them every couple of minutes when jogging (well, I do anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Complete garbage. Volume far too low, and couldn't get a stable connection while jogging. Had to turn them off. Will be sending them straight back.

I have a new appreciation for the Soundcore P2s. Rock solid Bluetooth connection and excellent sound. Only issue is that you have to adjust them every couple of minutes when jogging (well, I do anyway).

Agreed with the P2s. Solid connection and great sound, but lots of movement and you find yourself adjusting them. They do come with loads of ear bud tip sizes to try out, but I still find some movement in them. Still great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

https://www.realme.com/eu/realme-buds-air-2

Wonder what people thought of these. Can be had from Amazon Germany. Strong reviews with ANC onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement

Vankyo x400

ticking the discount box these are coming in at £20.74 delivered to Ireland on prime.

bargain at that price imo.

have them 6 months and no issues

Advertisement