Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭CoBo55

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They look very nice and get great reviews, for 50 Euros you couldn't go wrong. Think I'll try them. My 300 Euro ones I got on richer sounds are crackling on the left speaker, most annoying.

I'm thinking the same for just under 50 you can't really go wrong, but I do like to always double check on this thread to be sure

glic83 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same for just under 50 you can't really go wrong, but I do like to always double check on this thread to be sure

I'll let you know I've just ordered them:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I posted this a year or so ago but I've owned many pairs of earphones from non-expensive to top of the range and nothing is yet to beat these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Earphones-Headphones-Linklike-Waterproof-Black-Red/dp/B08114KSD2/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2449ENML4BJTL&dchild=1&keywords=linklike+fly&qid=1620646459&sprefix=linklike+f%2Celectronics%2C137&sr=8-2

For less than 50 euro too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone know the best earbuds/phones if you are looking for a pair to sit as flush as possible in the ear, with minimal 'stick-out'?

I have a pair of Samsung Buds+, but still find they protrude a fair bit out of the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Slight price increase on yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

Suckit wrote: »
    Sony WH-H910N Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones are down to €126.32 They were €110 earlier according to Camelx3 but €126 still a good price for them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07X3XN352?psc=1

Did anyone get a workaround to the compatibility issue with Teams. Mine drop off after 5 min but will work all day with Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone know the best earbuds/phones if you are looking for a pair to sit as flush as possible in the ear, with minimal 'stick-out'?

I have a pair of Samsung Buds+, but still find they protrude a fair bit out of the ear.

The Samsung Live earbuds, if they fit your ears comfortably, sit "into" your ears quite flush.

I personally find them amazing for sound, phone calls, fit and comfort etc but they aren't everyone's cup of tea. My son got a pair and gave up using them as his ears are quite small so they didn't fit him at all no matter what he tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

54and56 wrote: »
    The Samsung Live earbuds, if they fit your ears comfortably, sit "into" your ears quite flush.

I personally find them amazing for sound, phone calls, fit and comfort etc but they aren't everyone's cup of tea. My son got a pair and gave up using them as his ears are quite small so they didn't fit him at all no matter what he tried.

i had an issue with the fit of my Buds live as well. I've gone back to the Buds+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Anyone use TaoTronic 80s? They look comfortable. Is the sound quality good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Will they incur customs charges or how does that work these days? I am tempted to order them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

54and56 wrote: »

Got Buds Live on recommendation from few posts here and they are fantastic. They fit comfortable in my ears without getting that 'full' feeling that made my ears uncomfortable with the ear canal suction ones. Great for everything except running, probably wouldn't stay in, but luckily excellent for everything else.

shnaek wrote: »
    Will they incur customs charges or how does that work these days? I am tempted to order them myself.

Paid 43 euro for them with revolut, nothing else added at the time, I'll see what happens when they get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Pixel Buds are currently discounted from €199 to €139: https://store.google.com/product/pixel_buds

I ordered these when they were discounted. When I got them, instantly they had a "phantom touch" issue and were unusable unless you turn off touch controls. I sent them back straight away.

The replacement set arrived today. They have the same issue. I am trying to send them back for a refund but Google are claiming it's not an option as I'm past the "remorse" period. They want to replace them again.

It's been escalated to a supervisor for now, but I am waiting for an email from them.

Has anyone bought these and had no issues with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone try the enacfire a9's? I hear good things.

shnaek wrote: »

They arrived today, no extra charges. Sound quality is fantastic I'm delighted with them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

They arrived today, no extra charges. Sound quality is fantastic I'm delighted with them:D

Super. I might pull the trigger on these today.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

I bought them the same day, arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with them. I'm coming from the €20 range and they are a pretty noticeable upgrade.

I bought them the same day, arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with them. I'm coming from the €20 range and they are a pretty noticeable upgrade.

I'm coming down from the 300 range and I think the sound from these is nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

I ordered these when they were discounted. When I got them, instantly they had a "phantom touch" issue and were unusable unless you turn off touch controls. I sent them back straight away.

The replacement set arrived today. They have the same issue. I am trying to send them back for a refund but Google are claiming it's not an option as I'm past the "remorse" period. They want to replace them again.

It's been escalated to a supervisor for now, but I am waiting for an email from them.

Has anyone bought these and had no issues with them?

I'm on my third pair of pixel buds now.
    First set I got last year when they were released worked fine initially and then developed Bluetooth connection issues.
    Tried a few things with Google support nothing worked so they refunded them.

Got them again when they dropped price and like you straight out of the box had phantom touch issues on the left ear bud.
    Had them replaced and my third set have had no issues so far.

After google refunded me last year I bought a set of Jabra sport 75ts and they are great (Except not true wireless) but I really missed the google integration on the pixel buds.

So hoping my third set of pixel buds stays working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I'm coming down from the 300 range and I think the sound from these is nicer.

Seriously, better than sony, bose etc? I guess you are referring to one of these when saying 300 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

NIMAN wrote: »

I guess it depends on the ear but for me after years of struggling to get earphones that fitted well I have finally got a pair that fit beautifully. My ones are Jabra Elite 65t which I got for 65 quid a few months ago. I think they are down to 50 now in Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

glasso wrote: »
    ticking the discount box these are coming in at £20.74 delivered to Ireland on prime.

bargain at that price imo.

have them 6 months and no issues

Got mine today. Really impressed. If Apple took this form and made the pro with the ear canal extended piece then I would buy them like a shot.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Got mine today. Really impressed. If Apple took this form and made the pro with the ear canal extended piece then I would buy them like a shot.

the Vankyo x400 are not the bassiest ever (nevertheless sound is good) but the phone call quality is really great which is a downfall of so many earphones, even ones that cost a decent bit.

I find them stable in ear also

the box also wirelessly charges

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Got mine during the week on the back of reviews on this thread and must say im delighted with them and great value for 20 pound. Didnt seem to get extra earbuds for them or didnt see them in box?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

glasso wrote: »
    Vankyo x400

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-Headphones-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Earphones-Gray/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400&qid=1619024874&sr=8-1

4.6 rating on amazon on over 1,500 reviews

come in at £31 sterling to Ireland

good sound, excellent phone call audio quality, decent battery life, stable in-ear for running/jogging

these are now £24.99 and there is a £10 discount available by ticking the box under the price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

these are now £24.99 and there is a £10 discount available by ticking the box under the price

I bought a set on discount last week and they’re great tbf.

I’ve had cheap sets in the past that lose signal/reception but these don’t.

Stay in the ear ok’ish when running.
    I’ll probably pick up another set that wrap around the ear for running tbh though as I just feel like they’ll fall out even though they probably won’t.

so £15 at the moment if you have prime - bargain bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

I don't need them but for £15 I'm very tempted

Advertisement