Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

glasso wrote: »
    Vankyo x400

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VANKYO-Headphones-Cancelling-Bluetooth-Earphones-Gray/dp/B08FLGHKHB/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=vankyo+x400&qid=1619024874&sr=8-1

4.6 rating on amazon on over 1,500 reviews

come in at £31 sterling to Ireland

good sound, excellent phone call audio quality, decent battery life, stable in-ear for running/jogging

I ordered some back on the 15th, and they've been stuck in customs since the 17th. FFS. :(

I ordered some back on the 15th, and they've been stuck in customs since the 17th. FFS. :(

haven't had anything get stuck in customs from Amazon UK since Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone any experience with the Jabra Elite range compared to Samsung and Sonys best?

I have a pair of these atm https://www.amazon.co.uk/UMI-Bluetooth-headphones-earphones-intelligent-GREY/dp/B07N428SG9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6DWFM1R7WIYA&dchild=1&keywords=umi+earbuds&qid=1622274992&sprefix=umi+%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-3

To be honest there actually fairly decent especially considering the price but they tend to have issues with one bud dying this is my 3rd pair! The only reason I've stuck with them is because they replace them for free so feck it.

Anyway I looked into getting a more premium pair before but the money and range put me off there where so many types and so many conflicting reviews I gave up.

I have a Samsung phone so buying Samsung buds seemed like a good fit but they where getting mixed reviews. Sony seemed to be top of every list but they look huge!

Than there's Jabra which I am seeing mentioned an awful lot now. What are the main differences other than price in the elite 65t 75t and 85t?

Is it worth spending the extra for the newest model? I've seen the 85ts for 150 euro which seems in around the standard price for most buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

75t active are waterproof which is handy when you want to wash them after sweaty activity... I have those

mrcheez wrote: »
    75t active are waterproof which is handy when you want to wash them after sweaty activity... I have those

How much do they stick out from your ear? What's the sound like bass etc?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cheers!

very low profile and bass is great. If you don't need wateproofing the standard 75t is supposed to sound even better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

This is a pretty useful site for reviews

https://www.scarbir.com/

mrcheez wrote: »
    very low profile and bass is great. If you don't need wateproofing the standard 75t is supposed to sound even better

There selling the 85t on adverts for same price as 75t 150. Seems brand new sealed box as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

There selling the 85t on adverts for same price as 75t 150. Seems brand new sealed box as well.

Be careful of the fake ones. There's quite a few fake 75t and 85t floating around.

Actually I ended up with a fake 75t luckily the seller was decent enough to return the money. He wasn't aware that he was selling a fake.

If there's a shop etc or any user with good feedback selling then it will be fine.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Be careful of the fake ones. There's quite a few fake 75t and 85t floating around.

Actually I ended up with a fake 75t luckily the seller was decent enough to return the money. He wasn't aware that he was selling a fake.

If there's a shop etc or any user with good feedback selling then it will be fine.

http://www.adverts.ie/23778001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

Cheers!

This was a big thing for me, wanted buds that didn't stick out at all, tried the Samsung buds live knock offs to see how they were and were a perfect fit, so shopped around for the genuine ones. They're brilliant

That seems like a online shop with plenty of feedback. Should be fine.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    That seems like a online shop with plenty of feedback. Should be fine.

Good stuff very tempted to pick these up next week so reviews seem very good no reason to pay same price for older model I guess.

Hopefully there's a big difference in the overall package going from the ones I already have.

Good stuff very tempted to pick these up next week so reviews seem very good no reason to pay same price for older model I guess.

Hopefully there's a big difference in the overall package going from the ones I already have.

They are reviewed very well. I had 65T which I thought was very good. Now with two generation advancement 85T will be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

You can also get the Galaxy Bud Pros and WF-1000XM3s for around the same price as them on some of the European Amazons

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can also get the Galaxy Bud Pros and WF-1000XM3s for around the same price as them on some of the European Amazons

Yep im actually starting to consider the Galaxy buds pro now instead they seem to offer more of what im looking for especially having a Samsung phone.

They seem smaller and look bit more tidy in the ear as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

These are getting great reviews and ship from Poland. Tronsmart Apollo Air with active noise canceling and aptX. Their previous Apollo Bold also get great reviews everywhere and are pretty well known, these are smaller and neater than those, but the quality is apparently just as good. I didn't get the Bold because they looked pretty big, and I had bought a fair few too at that stage, but think I will be taking a punt on these.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002318291207.html

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Anyone any experience with the Jabra Elite range compared to Samsung and Sonys best?

I have a pair of these atm https://www.amazon.co.uk/UMI-Bluetooth-headphones-earphones-intelligent-GREY/dp/B07N428SG9/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6DWFM1R7WIYA&dchild=1&keywords=umi+earbuds&qid=1622274992&sprefix=umi+%2Caps%2C254&sr=8-3

To be honest there actually fairly decent especially considering the price but they tend to have issues with one bud dying this is my 3rd pair! The only reason I've stuck with them is because they replace them for free so feck it.

Anyway I looked into getting a more premium pair before but the money and range put me off there where so many types and so many conflicting reviews I gave up.

I have a Samsung phone so buying Samsung buds seemed like a good fit but they where getting mixed reviews. Sony seemed to be top of every list but they look huge!

Than there's Jabra which I am seeing mentioned an awful lot now. What are the main differences other than price in the elite 65t 75t and 85t?

Is it worth spending the extra for the newest model? I've seen the 85ts for 150 euro which seems in around the standard price for most buds.

I picked up the 65t in Hardly Normal for just under €50 based on a recommendation on here.
    They are excellent value for money, the fit is great, they sit and seal nicely in the ear canal and are fairly low profile.

112143 wrote: »
    I picked up the 65t in Hardly Normal for just under €50 based on a recommendation on here.
    They are excellent value for money, the fit is great, they sit and seal nicely in the ear canal and are fairly low profile.

Went with the Galaxy Buds Pro, in the end, got them for 139. Happy so far comfortable nice fit doesn't stick out much sound very good from what I've heard. The only issue but nothing huge is the material they're made from the fact it's going into your ear and warming up there gonna need cleaning a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Went with the Galaxy Buds Pro, in the end, got them for 139. Happy so far comfortable nice fit doesn't stick out much sound very good from what I've heard. The only issue but nothing huge is the material they're made from the fact it's going into your ear and warming up there gonna need cleaning a lot.

where did you get the buds pro for 139?

• Advertisement

Ammobile Mary Street Dublin city centre. They're not fake either I made sure.

€145 + shipping on Germany Amazon
    Or Silver or Violet for €135.50 on Italy

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Galaxy%20Buds%20Pro

Suckit wrote: »
    €145 + shipping on Germany Amazon
    Or Silver or Violet for €135.50 on Italy

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/Galaxy%20Buds%20Pro

150 odd including shipping on .de. 148 euro on .it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Thanks to those who linked and vouched for the Vankyo x400s. Arrived today and I’m hugely impressed.

By far the best budget wireless earbuds I’ve ever used and I’ve used many.

Call quality from this set is stellar which is something most cheaper earbuds don’t offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Thanks to those who linked and vouched for the Vankyo x400s. Arrived today and I’m hugely impressed.

By far the best budget wireless earbuds I’ve ever used and I’ve used many.

Call quality from this set is stellar which is something most cheaper earbuds don’t offer.

Got to say the same. They were a spur-of-the-moment purchase for me and now I'm using them all the time.

Another Haylou set getting great reviews. I bought them for a birthday present.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002281317167.html
    There is a code I found afterwards that takes off $3 - M2PVLT
    It was these or the Tronsmart, and I punted for these, but will probably end up getting the Tronsmart for myself anyway.

They have an updated Qualcomm QCC3040 chip (with AptX Adaptive support), Bluetooth version 5.2 (better operating stability and better autonomy), CVC8.0 noise reduction mode, as well as a large 12 mm dynamic driver.
    • Model: Haylou MoriPods
    • Bluetooth version: 5.2
    • Communication range: 10 meters
    • Audio codecs: AptX, AAC and SBC
    • Emitter: 12mm dynamic driver
    • Noise Reduction: CVC8.0
    • Number of microphones: 2 x 2 microphones
    • Chip: Qualcomm QCC3040
    • Frequency response range: 20 - 20,000 Hz
    • Battery capacity: headphones - 35 mAh, case - 310 mAh
    • Playback: 6 hours
    • Total working time: 24 hours
    • Charge time: 2 hours
    • Material: ABC plastic
    • Weight: headphones - 4 g, case - 35 g
    • Water resistant: IPX4

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone recommend decent pair of over ears headphones ? Looking for some for sons 20th birthday .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone recommend decent pair of over ears headphones ? Looking for some for sons 20th birthday .Thanks

these are great and a good battery life
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07NM3RSRQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

shardylan wrote: »
    mpow h12
    I love mine
    Great reviews also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

dball wrote: »

these were recommended on this forum
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cancelling-Headphones-VANKYO-Bluetooth-Comfortable-Black/dp/B0868MDSL5/ref=psdc_310193011_t2_B07NM3RSRQ

they have cvc 8.0 to focus on the callers voice and dual microphones. i have them and am fairly happy though i haven't tested out calling with them that much. They feel like a premium product

Advertisement